Mad T Party closing

Thank GOODNESS! Sorry for those that enjoyed but this (with GLOW) started as a "holding pen" for World of Color and has long out lasted its need.

I would love to see a Big Hero 6 themed area...but I am sure we will see something Frozen related...I will miss it though...I did love the band the one time we saw it.

Rumor has it...a Frozen themed show & ice rink is supposedly going in as it did in Disney's Hollywood Studio. Supposedly, they are attempting to relocate Mad T, bringing it back in May in a different location in the park. No confirmation on these rumors, just whisperings and murmurings.

So bummed about this. I only saw the show once and am thankfully I have some pics and video. More bummed because I do not have a chance for a quick visit. I seriously would drive the six hours next Saturday to watch them if I didn't have a birthday party lined up.

I'm super bummed to see this go! It is one of the areas that I felt offered something for the older crowd while still keeping the kids in mind (seating areas slightly off to the side/ arcade).

Unless they introduce a band (of what... trolls? ice men? snowmen?) that can give an awesome night time performance- they're really losing a unique and awesome space in the parks.

Put me in the over Frozen camp. I was hoping to the Mad T party when we were there just after Christmas. . . :( Bummer!

Rumor has it...a Frozen themed show & ice rink is supposedly going in as it did in Disney's Hollywood Studio. Supposedly, they are attempting to relocate Mad T, bringing it back in May in a different location in the park. No confirmation on these rumors, just whisperings and murmurings.

I mentioned the Frozen rumors (sing-along, snow, meet and greet, rink, themed food and merchandise) on the previous page of this thread, but that rumor has been floating around 'out there' in cyberspace for a few months at this point. The Frozen madness is supposedly going to be over in early May.

To add to that -- and this is not a whispering, murmuring or a rumor, but is, indeed, an official, confirmed fact -- there have already been auditions held for musicians to perform in an "indoor storytelling" setting in DCA, and a knowledge of a general Scandinavian folk-style of music was preferred. That screams "Frozen" to me, along with the fact that the Muppets theater is down until December 20th -- and the rumored start date for the Frozen madness is 12/20.

With Mad T Party packing up and closing up shop right now, it just makes the rumors and whisperings more likely to come to fruition, and it was already pretty obvious what was coming.

It's sad to see so many "good ridance" posts scattered across the internet. People that enjoyed it can't help but take it personally.

It's like
"Aw my favorite shirt has a hole in it :("
"That thing was ugly anyway"

But that's the way it is with all attractions that are closing or changing isn't it?

I don't mind the idea of a Frozen section - specifically for winter. It makes sense. I feel like it will be out of place as a permanent thing though. Can't deny the Frozen hype...

But that's the way it is with all attractions that are closing or changing isn't it?

Yes, it is. I have never got it either.

If the Mad T Party is a holding pen or something like that for you it's enough out of the way that it's not too big of a nuissance for others - unless you mind the music on your way to TOT it is. It's not that they put it on in front of Carthay Circle. :confused3 And the more people at Mad T Party the less people in line in front of you at TSMM or TOT, right? ;)

I can't really judge American standards of a "big crowd", but there always seemed to be a quite big turnout when I went. I remember having to do a bathroom run once last year. My friends saved my spot and I had a devil of a time getting back still.

I've also only ever saw one really drunk person there. And that one was contained by other people listening to the band before security was even close by. I understand, but it's a shame some bad apples give the whole thing a bad name.

Seems Disney didn't plan this with the show's management. They just began Christmas themed music of which I'm sure there were many rehearsals for. New video graphics I noticed over the last few weeks, and of course the snow effects as well.
I hope it comes back in May as one singer said Disney told them they "intend" to bring them back then. For what, I don't know however.
The show will be missed. One of the things there that as a passholder I loved seeing during each season

I bet Disney has new plans for Disneylands 60th birthday starting next year which will be exciting to hear what they will be. I bet this will be replaced by new festivities. Personally I wasnt a big fan of the T party so I am not too sad to see it go.

This was the only way I got my son to go on vacation with us!! He would go over there and dance all night!! He's 18 and doesn't really "do" rides. Drats!

I will miss their expensive, strong drinks though!

This was the only way I got my son to go on vacation with us!! He would go over there and dance all night!! He's 18 and doesn't really "do" rides. Drats!

I will miss their expensive, strong drinks though!

There's always Carthay Circle lounge and the Cove Bar if your money is burning a hole in your pocket :drinking1

I have to say this time the mad t party pretty much sucked two Christmas songs was all they did and sorry it wasn't what i was in the mood for this time. Maybe move and t party some where else maybe downtown Disney?
I for one love the idea of a frozen land and may have to make a trip there next year *lol* just for it.

Personally, this is great news. It'll likely either be removed, in which case yay since I find these an eyesore during the day and make me avoid the area at night, or it'll be Frozen in which case it'll still be a mess to me probably but I love Frozen (with my username, shocking, I know ;) ) so at least it's a Frozen themed mess.

I have gone over to both ElecTRONica and MadTParty and I found both of them were good fun, not a place I would spend hours of time, but a 30 min visit for hear the DJ/band and grab a drink is perfect. Hollywoodland is basically a wasteland, very few guests go back there so with the introduction of Frozen, it's likely to draw a crowd at least. I don't think Frozen is enough for a dance party though, Alice in Wonderland and Tron worked because they have a cast of characters, Frozen has 4 and you can't have them DJing. There is no supporting cast to carry a dance party. IMO

Big Hero 6 would be great for a dance party! It fits the California theme, there are plenty of cool side-show things you could do with it and there is enough outside character stuff to allow for DJs not to be something like "Snowflake the Frozen DJ". I could even see them doing a "Battle bots" style show. I wouldn't discount Star Wars making an appearance, sure Tomorrowland Terrace would be a better fit, but Hollywoodland has the space for it.

I mentioned the Frozen rumors (sing-along, snow, meet and greet, rink, themed food and merchandise) on the previous page of this thread, but that rumor has been floating around 'out there' in cyberspace for a few months at this point. The Frozen madness is supposedly going to be over in early May.

To add to that -- and this is not a whispering, murmuring or a rumor, but is, indeed, an official, confirmed fact -- there have already been auditions held for musicians to perform in an "indoor storytelling" setting in DCA, and a knowledge of a general Scandinavian folk-style of music was preferred. That screams "Frozen" to me, along with the fact that the Muppets theater is down until December 20th -- and the rumored start date for the Frozen madness is 12/20.

With Mad T Party packing up and closing up shop right now, it just makes the rumors and whisperings more likely to come to fruition, and it was already pretty obvious what was coming.

:thumbsup2

I am not a Frozen fan and am far from a supporter of the Frozen attractions replacing current, successful attractions. Thanks for the update, Sherry E. :goodvibes

Here is to hoping Mad T makes a comeback in May.

I saw a post on instagram that the cast confirmed on stage this evening that they will be back in May. Take this with a grain of salt, obviously, just figured I'd report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter