Macaroni and Cheese Recipe

jemmouse

DIS Veteran
OK ladies and gents..I NEED some help. My DS11 came home today and said I need to make Macaroni and Cheese for his school feast tomorrow. I laughed when he said Mac and cheese, ok past that now. But the one I make is I think one that kids don't seem to like as much.

Anyone out there have some recipes they would like to share????

Thanks again..

Since youre dealing with kids around 11

Boil elbow macaroni

Melt a block of velveeta with some milk. Mix, serve

Easy of buy box kraft mac and cheese and fix according to the directions.

Since youre dealing with kids around 11

Boil elbow macaroni

Melt a block of velveeta with some milk. Mix, serve

Just because they're children doesn't mean they don't deserve food.

I'd do about 1-2 qts bechamel to a lb of pasta, I tend toward a drier mac n cheese.

Pasta
Make a bechamel (melt some butter and stir in an equal amt. of flour to make a roux, cook for a minute, slowly add milk and stir). Add cheeses (whatever you've got works - shred some cheddar, gruyere, jack, add parmesan. If you have something smoked, shred it in too, all the better.), lot of pepper, little garlic.

Pour over pasta in a baking dish, add a couple handfuls of shredded cheese for good measure. Stir to combine. Top with a mix of parmesan and well-seasoned breadcrumbs, moistened with a little butter. Bake until bubbly and with crispity edges. Voila.

I was on a try out panel for the Homestyle Mac and Cheese:

Homestyle-Hearty-Four-Cheese.jpg

It's pretty good and better than the real stuff to kids. Somewhere between the real stuff and the box stuff!~:thumbsup2

My kids always preferred boxed or velveta too. It wasn't until they were teens that they'd actually choose homemade if the two were sitting side by side.

I was on a try out panel for the Homestyle Mac and Cheese:

Homestyle-Hearty-Four-Cheese.jpg

It's pretty good and better than the real stuff to kids. Somewhere between the real stuff and the box stuff!~:thumbsup2

Me too

didn't like it
Not anything like grama makes

Crock-pot Mac & cheese

Not sure if you have made up your mind yet.

Here it is~

1~16oz pkg macaroni (cooked, rinsed, & drained)
2~Tblsp. veg oil
2~13oz cans of evaporated milk
3~cups of milk
1/2~tsp salt
6~cups of shredded cheese
1/4~cup butter

Toss cooked macaroni in oil. add all remaining ingredients. Pour into lightly greased crock-pot. Stir well. Cook on low 3 to 4 hours. Stir occasionally.

Happy cooking.

Yum

My kids school cook took great pride in her home made mac and cheese.
It was awesome, had it when it was parents day to have lunch with their kids.
She stopped making it, the kids hated it. For that age group, Kraft Mac and Cheese from the box, the one with the yellow simulated cheese powder, not the deluxe or home style. Kids like the cheap stuff.

I found the recipe Panera uses on their website and am making it for the kids for Thanksgiving this year. The ingredients are pretty pricey tho.

For the real deal,try this.

1-16oz box of small shells

2-12oz JARS of Velveeta Cheddar

Cook as directed then add the cheese.YUMMY!!!!

I'd do about 1-2 qts bechamel to a lb of pasta, I tend toward a drier mac n cheese.

Pasta
Make a bechamel (melt some butter and stir in an equal amt. of flour to make a roux, cook for a minute, slowly add milk and stir). Add cheeses (whatever you've got works - shred some cheddar, gruyere, jack, add parmesan. If you have something smoked, shred it in too, all the better.), lot of pepper, little garlic.

Pour over pasta in a baking dish, add a couple handfuls of shredded cheese for good measure. Stir to combine. Top with a mix of parmesan and well-seasoned breadcrumbs, moistened with a little butter. Bake until bubbly and with crispity edges. Voila.

Yuck Yuck

Crock-pot Mac & cheese

Here it is~

2~Tblsp. veg oil
3~cups of milk
1/2~tsp salt
1/4~cup butter

Toss cooked macaroni in oil. add all remaining ingredients. Pour into lightly greased crock-pot. Stir well. Cook on low 3 to 4 hours. Stir occasionally.

Happy cooking.

Yum

I am try this weekend. This sounds really good.

Crock-pot Mac & cheese

Here it is~

2~Tblsp. veg oil
3~cups of milk
1/2~tsp salt
1/4~cup butter

Happy cooking.

Yum

Yes, this is my favorite mac and cheese recipe. I barely make it anymore, because I CANNOT be TRUSTED when this is in the house. It doesn't make it out of the pot, sometimes.

Pasta

That sounds insanely good. I also agree with you, I trained my kids to want "real" food, not boxed stuff and they woudl much rather have this than the box.

Here's mine!

Ingredients
3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese blend
1-3/4 cups milk
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
3/4 cup egg substitute
3/4 cup butter, melted

Directions
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°, stirring once. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter