Mac and cheese picky eater question

1) does she like yogurt apples and goldfish? then order the kids powerpack for her? it has milk. yogurt.apples. goldfish. and carrots i think? a few quick service places, like tommorrowland terrace have this.

2) is she a fan of the movie Cars? in carsland, at the cozy cone motel they have a Mac n Cheese cone. Maybe she might like to to try that if she is a fan of the movie?

Sorry, i forgot that the Tomorrowland Terrace is is now called Galactic Grill
i checked online menu, and they Power Pack is still available.

Kids' Mickey Check Meal - Power Pack
Dannon® Danimals® Smoothie, sliced Apples, Carrots, Petite Banana, and Crackers with a choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani® Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitutions

$5.99

Wow! I am starting to feel better about DS12 who is picky about everything, including mac n cheese. He even dislikes the chicken nuggets at Universal Orlando:sad2:

I came back to add: The CMs are Disney are amazing! I had booked dinner at the Crystal Palace at WDW because their menu said they always had chicken nuggets on the kids' buffet. Of course, the day we were there, they didn't. My son was in tears. I figured I'd just grab some bread for him, eat quickly while he met the characters, and get out. One of their chefs spotted him, asked what was wrong, and brought him a plate of chicken nuggets she'd fried up just for him! If you have a kid with special needs, Disney is your friend!

We would have been up a creek when we ate at CP 2 weeks ago if they hadn't had nuggets. Even with the nuggets, DS mainly ate bread and some white rice. I call it the white food diet. He wouldn't even touch their mac n cheese.

Just curious if ppl are sure it’s Stouffers at DL? The max & cheese at WDW is definitely not Stouffers, bc my daughter does like Stouffers, but does not like the mac at WDW. But if it’s different at DL, maybe I’ll let her try it there! Thx.

I think it depends where you are eating at WDW. Many of the TS make their own, along with the some of the QS that have speciality mac n cheese. I think the ones that sell the Kraft-like mac n cheese are really selling Sysco brand instant mac n cheese. Sysco is a very popular food supplier in the US. Kraft also does food supply, but they are much higher end than Sysco in quality and cost. I used to be a cook at a co-op in which I lived while in college. We used Sysco as our supplier. Their mac n cheese is almost indistinguishable from Kraft. It uses the cheese powder and smaller elbow macaroni noodles. I never thought I would become such an instant/quick mac n cheese experto_O

The baby care centers have a microwave. Take the microwave Kraft, make it before the meal, then take it with you to the restaurant. Definitely work with her trying new things, but that can take years and possibly extensive feeding therapy to get better. In the meantime, make it easy for everyone and just accommodate her needs. The restaurants won't mind, and vacations should be fun and not stressful. Have a good trip!

The baby care centers have a microwave. Take the microwave Kraft, make it before the meal, then take it with you to the restaurant. Definitely work with her trying new things, but that can take years and possibly extensive feeding therapy to get better. In the meantime, make it easy for everyone and just accommodate her needs. The restaurants won't mind, and vacations should be fun and not stressful. Have a good trip!
I don't think any restaurant would refuse to serve hot water...I am pretty sure you can make it by just adding boiling water...personally, I think it would be much easier to ask for boiling water when you order, add it as soon as it comes to the table, and not have to transport a boiling hot bowl across the park.

I don't think any restaurant would refuse to serve hot water...I am pretty sure you can make it by just adding boiling water...personally, I think it would be much easier to ask for boiling water when you order, add it as soon as it comes to the table, and not have to transport a boiling hot bowl across the park.
I've heard more than one person say that using boiling water doesn't work, but I personally haven't tried it. And I'm simply not invested enough in this to investigate further. But having dealt with supremely picky eaters, to the point where it's technically an eating disorder, if the eater is picky enough to specify one specific brand, having it cooked properly is likely to be equally important. We use a stroller with a console so carrying it wouldn't be a big deal for us. I suppose it might be without a stroller, though. I was simply offering what seemed, to me, a viable option. Those that are dealing with ASD or feeding therapy might appreciate knowing that there is a microwave available for extreme circumstances. If you haven't dealt with those, you might not understand how knowing that can be important.

When my kids were young, the baby care centers would only let you heat bottles in the microwave, nothing else. Not sure if that is still policy, but they used to be very strict about it. Wouldn't even let me warm up a jar of baby food.

Since the OP mentioned that her niece will eat chicken strips and noodles with cheese, another option might be (depending on where they stay) to make do with whatever foods will work during their time in the park, then use the microwave in the hotel room (if available -- and some hotels will put a microwave in the room upon request) to heat up Kraft mac'n'cheese for her to eat later. This way she could still get enough to eat each day, even if the timing is a bit different.
The mac'n'cheese could be heated before leaving for the park, too, and kept in a thermal lunchpack with a hot pack. It might not be the perfect temperature at mealtime, but it would still be warm (and a little hot water could be added at the restaurant to bring it back to creamy consistency, if necessary). We used to do this with oldest's grilled cheese sandwiches. They would at least be warm by mealtime, if not hot. For him, the security of having his familiar food was more important than the food being piping hot.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter