Lyft pickup at Old Key West question

King Dominic

Mouseketeer
We are staying at OKW for the first time in a couple weeks and I wanted to know if Lyft will pick us up/drop us off right to our room or will they just pickup/drop us at the main entrance?

Normally it's just at the entrance, where a regular cab would pick up.

Ok. I always try to research things before I ask these questions on here because it drives me nuts when people ask questions that a simple Google search will answer and I've found multiple, different answers. Some people said they got dropped off right at their room but had to go to the hospitality house to get picked up, others said their Lyft driver told them they were always able to get in to pick them up, etc. From using Lyft around the parks and resorts last year, I noticed that many of the drivers are friendly with the staff at concierge and the gates. Maybe if they know the guard at the gate, they let them in.

I would say it's really up to the driver. The guard shack is at the entrance to the resort. Once the driver is past that, they can go anywhere within the resort. There's nothing stopping them from getting to your building, not from Disney's perspective, anyway. Some drivers may not know their way around the resort and may be more comfortable picking up at Hospitality House.

I would say it's really up to the driver. The guard shack is at the entrance to the resort. Once the driver is past that, they can go anywhere within the resort. There's nothing stopping them from getting to your building, not from Disney's perspective, anyway. Some drivers may not know their way around the resort and may be more comfortable picking up at Hospitality House.

Got ya. So the security guard at the gate will allow them into the resort though? That seemed to be the issue that a couple of reports differed on

They can go to your individual building so they can pick you up wherever it is you pin your pickup from.
The only resorts they can't get in to is CSR and FW. At CSR they have internal gates so the drivers can't get past them for pick ups (they can for drop offs since you are with them to scan the vehicle in). At FW only guests can drive to individual parking spots or cabins.
All other resorts the drivers can go anywhere a guest can drive their car. So all drivers should be able to go to wherever you are, just by following your pinned location. They wouldn't even need to know their way around a resort. And Uber has live location services now to make it even easier, so if you turn that on it helps even more.

They can go to your individual building so they can pick you up wherever it is you pin your pickup from.
The only resorts they can't get in to is CSR and FW. At CSR they have internal gates so the drivers can't get past them for pick ups (they can for drop offs since you are with them to scan the vehicle in). At FW only guests can drive to individual parking spots or cabins.
All other resorts the drivers can go anywhere a guest can drive their car. So all drivers should be able to go to wherever you are, just by following your pinned location. They wouldn't even need to know their way around a resort. And Uber has live location services now to make it even easier, so if you turn that on it helps even more.

Awesome! Just the info I was looking for! Thank you

Awesome! Just the info I was looking for! Thank you
Also remember you can text your driver, after connected to one, any additional details you think would be helpful, such as building name/number, using the contact driver option on the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter