Luvsmickey's Planning Journal (WP/GF/Illuminations France)Lots of UPDATES!!!!

luvsmickey

Mouseketeer
Ok, so I've seen the thread where someone already started posting their Wedding Journal, so I decided I'd post mine.

My DFTW Planner is Juliana. She is great! I love talking with her. I know I'm driving her crazy with all my questions though!

The wedding is May 17, 2007 at the Wedding Pavilion. With a sm Cake & Champagne Reception following. My time I had wanted was taken so I got the 2:30 time and will have to find something for my guest to do between the Reception and the Desert Reception at Epcot. (I wanted to wear my gown in the parks!)

I have been penciled in for Randy Chapman Photography. (I saw a few of the girls pics on here and my mother told me I just HAD to call him!)

I purchased my Gown online and was very nervous...as it turned out, it was Perfect! It was custom made to my measurments and the gown fit beautifully! I also had them make a Veil to match...the detail is amazing! I love it and am so glad I wasn't too scared to do it!

I've decided my Theme is going to be Princesses & Princes! A Very Royal affair! princess: :wizard:

My mother and I are putting together welcome bags and have found a site that has the cotton canvas bags for $.79!!! We are going to stamp or paint them with a Disney Image. (I haven't found the one yet!) Inside the bags we're going to put some Tide-to-Go pens, fold-up laundry bags (at least mom said she might have found these cheap enough to go in them), maybe some chapstick w/an SPF so they don't burn their lips!, a few other items (we're open for suggestions) and of course a detailed list of Dates & Times of all the fun that will take place while we are there!

As of yet, we are arriving the day before the wedding and will have a Rehersal dinner at Ohana's or Le Cellier. (We thought we might go to Le Cellier if we go to Ohona between the Reception and Epcot so that we don't have to change out of our formal wear-Since that's the whole point for me!) I'm trying to wear this thing for as long as I can, especially since it's the only time I get to!

As of right now, my mom and family have decided to drive so that they can pack stuff and take it without having to worry about it getting lost with the luggage, or getting damaged or having to pay for shipping. She might even bring my gown with her so that I don't have to worry about how to get it on the plane without balling it up to fit in my carry-on! (But I still have to find a way to get it to her!!! I live in Virginia, and she is in Louisiana!) (Will be going home for either xmas or a shower sometime after xmas, but not sure how to pack the gown to bring with me!) :wizard:

Mom and I have been online looking for all sorts of deals and ideas to make this as magical as we can... :surfweb: My stepdad and my DF are ready to :badpc: !!! But they love us! :love: I'm just glad they understand, that is after we Re-explain it to them again and again!

The contract was sent but there was a mistake so they said they might have to send me a new one. I can't wait!!! I'm getting really excited and I'm so glad we found this board to share the excitement with! :woohoo:

Having trouble finding he BM dresses! My best friend might be preg at the time and if she is, she'll be REALLY preg! And my lil sister is the other and she's tiny! Now try to find something in the Mat. dress section that looks good with the tiny girl dress section!!! So, I might just get a dress in the same or similar color or the both of them. My only big problem so far is finding the dress I have created in my head! Oh well, I'm sure it's out there!

Well, that's it for now... I'll update as I go! :wave:

So are you just going to tease us with all your ideas? Where's the pictures?!! :rotfl2:

Everything sounds great so far, I can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Hi,
Were did you find the canvas bags for .79??? Can't wait to hear more about your plannig! :sunny:

Ok, spoke with Juliana last night!!! Woo hoo! Love new info! :woohoo:

We discussed the contract and got some of kinks out...She also had a great idea for the time between the cake & champ reception to the Epcot party! She suggested we have dinner at Citricos at the Grand Floridian! And it's available for the Disney Dining Plan, which I will be making everyone get!! Yay! Free Wedding Sit down dinner! (all we have to pay for are the possible few that don't have the DDP and any alcohol! Much cheaper!!) :banana:

Oh, and I forgot to tell you! As favors and to add some more Theme princess: .. I'm going to have Tiara's and Crowns on the tables for every man and woman! I found the Tiara's on ebay and I found the Crowns on another online site! :surfweb:

We're also trying to create our own centerpieces. :stir: As soon as we get a more definite look, I'll post pics. Mom is the one doing those, so she's the one we are going to have to wait on! :rolleyes1 :p

And I will post some pics of the gown today! Of course I only have a few pics that I took when I just got the gown...I had just gotten off work and the box arrived by DHL, and my DF was picking on me telling me he opened it! We were going towards my cousin's house to pick up DF's son from Karate. So, I called my cousin up and said, "hey, can I come over and try on my gown while you keep my DF company?!" And they (my cousin and his wife) said yes! But my cousin's wife had to leave in 30 min or less! So I ran over to her house, pulled the gown out of this itty bitty box (couldn't believe how small the box was!) and put it on! I was so excited! I wish I'd been able to wear it a little longer and take more pics :sad2: But oh well! She took a few pics of me in my wrinkely gown that the train kept falling off. (Like I said she was in a bit of a hurry so, we didn't have a lot of time to fix things and put things here and there,etc..) So, when I get it all fixed, I'll take some more pics and post those!

Well, enough for now! :wave:

Ok, now remember these pics were taken real quick, but they show off some detail of The Gown! Hope you like them!

Veil2.jpg

Sideview.jpg

GownBodice.jpg

BackviewofGown.jpg

Ok, it's certain! My Matron of Honor is Pregnant! I found out today! Now all we have to find out is if she's preg with just one or two?!!! :yay:

I'm so happy for her! She's been trying to get preg with her husband for about 3 or so years! Well, I just had to share the exciting news! Now I really need to look for Maternity MOH dresses! Oh and she's gonna be a hot mama, so she needs a hot mama MOH mat. dress, not an old mama mat. dress, so if you have any cool ideas, let me know! :surfweb:

OH, and thanks! I'm so happy you like the gown! :love:

DayShawn.jpg

That's My MOH and I in Vegas a few years ago!

Your dress is beautiful. It's fit for a princess. I used to work at David's Bridal. We had several maternity BM dresses. Some of them were really pretty. I'm sure they've expanded the selection since then.
I purchased a glass slipper cookie cutter and was going to bake cookies to put in my welcome bags.

dznystar said:
Your dress is beautiful. It's fit for a princess. I used to work at David's Bridal. We had several maternity BM dresses. Some of them were really pretty. I'm sure they've expanded the selection since then.
I purchased a glass slipper cookie cutter and was going to bake cookies to put in my welcome bags.
Thank you! I'm waiting to see if David's gets any new ones in, they only had a few when I went in. But I'm hoping their spring line carries more! I love the cookie idea! Thanks! :sunny:

dznystar said:

Where did you find a glass slipper cookie cutter????

Luvsmickey - I love your dress. The detail is amazing and so beautiful!! Enjoy and keep us updated.!! :sunny:

FSUDisneyGirl said:
i LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress...and you look gorgeous in it! :)
Thank you SO much! :cloud9: I love it too! I'm so excited about it! I can't wait to bring it home to my mom's and show it to her in person! :goodvibes

happylalagirl said:
Where did you find a glass slipper cookie cutter????

I purchased it on ebay. I searched for cinderella slipper cookie cutter, and it gave me about 20 choices. My last trip to Disney, we went in the candy shop at the Marketplace. They had rice crispy treats shaped like a slipper. I got my cookie cutter in the mail the other day. Its so cute and only cost $3. I also ordered Cinderella's coach chocolate/candy molds that I'm going to make lollipops out of.

Great! Thanks for the info... we had thought about making cookies and that would be a fun way to do them for the welcome bags!!! :sunny: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter