Lund/Dills Trip to DL Day 1

fire616

Mouseketeer
Yes I am finally getting around to posting my trip report

We left on our vacation June 5th and returned home on June 12th. Even with all of the mishaps we had a great time.

Cast of characters
Myself-mom/grandma
Husband
Daughter
Son-in-law
Son - 17
Granddaughter - 4
Grandson - 22 months

Sunday June 5th
We all pile into our van, 8 pieces of luggage, double stroller, camera bags, portable CD players, and 2 carry on and left at 5 am to drive to Portland, OR to catch our flight. We got to the park and fly lot with plenty of time and moved right through check in and security. Ok now what to do while we wait. We wander all the way down the concourse pointing each plane to the little ones and watching planes land and depart. Finally time to board and then we leave.

We arrive at the John Wayne Airport around 12:30 and call Harold from Harold’s Transportation to pick us up. He is waiting for us and only takes a couple of minutes to pull up to the curb. Harold is a great guy and I highly recommend his services. It was a flat rate to take us from John Wayne to the Parkside Inn and Suites. ($38.00 which he quoted me 2-3 months in advance when I made the reservations). Prices may have come up since then due to gas prices. He was very informative and we enjoyed listening to things he had to say.

We arrived at the Parkside Inn and Suites and was told our room was ready. Went around the building but no it wasn’t. I went back to the office and she gave us a different room upstairs. No elevator so we carried everything up the stairs. Turns out we got a better room. After unpacking we head over to DTD to see how far a walk it is. Takes about 15 minutes to walk to DTD. Once there we explored the Grand Californian Hotel and DTD. We decided that we were ready to eat since the last time we ate was breakfast at 5:00 am. We ate at the Rainforest Café. Hubby decided to get the volcano dessert - that was great and we all shared it. After we ate we went and got our vouchers at ESPN, went to World of Disney to get our pins and lanyards. After purchasing more pins we walked back to the hotel and tried to find a store to get a few groceries. Finally walked over to the corner of Katella and Harbor to a 7-11 store. Prices weren’t to bad. Then it was time to settle the kids down and go to bed.

To be continued

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter