Lunch with Disney artist?

McCall

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me what Lunch with a Disney artist is and how it works? do you reserve it ahead? where is it? etc. thanks

This PS event is no longer available. However, they still have Lunch with an Imagineer. It is held at a special room in the Brown Derby for either lunch or dinner.

Here's the info I have on my site. It's not been updated in awhile so it might be slighted different in prices or availability now. I do believe you get a special plate per group signed by the Imagineer hosting the meal:

Lasts approximately 1.5 to 2 Hours
Have Lunch or Dinner in the Bamboo Room
of The Hollywood Brown Derby
at the Disney-MGM Studios

Hosted by a Disney Imagineer

Cost for Lunch is $60.99 for Adults & $34.99 for Kids (Aged 3 to 11)

Cost for Dinner is $99.99 for Adults (includes 4 wine pairings)
Tax and Gratuity Included

we did have lunch w/the artist and it was fabulous! luckily, we were the only ones w/the artist. we talked about what projects he had worked on, his background,etc. since it was just the 2 of us w/him, i think that is why we went a little longer. we have a great plate the artist signed for Brother Bear; he was the lead artist for Koda. the food/service was fabulous. hoping to be able to book lunch w/the imagineer for may. i would highly recommend this as it is an exciting experience and one that wil be talked about for a long time to come.:tongue:

We would also like to dine with an Imagineer in May, but we saw that it was only being done through the end of April. Does anyone know if this is true? Is this something they only do during certain times of year or can you book anytime?

I hope that's not true! We want to do this on 6/4-I am impatiently waiting for the 30 day mark to call Disney Dining. Since you are under that mark, have you called them?

No, DH was planning on calling this weekend. Maybe we should call tonight! :worried:

this meal is reserved 30 days out, per scottwdw's site. and when i called last night iquiring if the meals are still available after the end of april, the CM did NOT offer to book it for me for me. sssoooo, it is almost time to call, just a few more days.:tongue:

Just got off the phone with Disney Dining and made our reservation to have lunch with an Imagineer on Friday, May 14 @ 11:30 AM at the Hollywood Brown Derby! Since DH would like to eventually work as an Imagineer at WDW, I decided to book this as a gift for his 25th birthday which is on May 10th. He is really excited about it and I am too. The menu is not very appetizing for a picky eater, but they gave me the phone number for the HBD and told me to call the manager to try to work something out. The choices are beef sirloin, breast of duck and salmon. I don't eat red meat, seafood or duck and for $60 some dollars per person, I would like to be able enjoy my meal. Hopefully, they will work with me. DH is not thrilled about the menu either, but he said he could live with the beef. After all, the highlight for him will be the Imagineer, not the food. :teeth:

good for you! Did they tell you if it is still offered on Tuesday and Friday only?

It is offered for lunch on Mondays and Fridays and for dinner on Wednesdays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter