Lunch near Disney Museum. Suggestions?

Lot of places nearby. Maybe the Warming Hut? Maybe Mel's Drive in on Lombard.

If you walk out of the Presidio area, you'll find lots of various options. With free parking in the Presidio on weekends, it would help if you are headed back after lunch.

SF is fairly small though, so if you wanted to drive elsewhere, you can. Just be aware of the traffic and what's going on (Giants game, America's Cup, etc)

Thanks all. We are not driving and going on a Wednesday morning. I guess we'll head elsewhere in the city for lunch after the museum.

Not driving? Many of the decent SF tourist spots are fairly well served by public transportation. The Presidio is not. You might need a taxi.

We enjoyed lunch at Boudins at Fisherman's Wharf . There are a lot of restaurants in that area. If you take the F line from there to the Ferry Building you can eat at Gott's which is another of our lunch stops on our trips to San Francisco.

There are lots of good restaurants on Chestnut street near the museum - like between Divisadero and Fillmore. Just look on google maps and you will see a ton, see what you like! We used to go down there all the time when the kids were little, not so much now, so I think lots has changed. But lots of good choices there. :)

We took a bus from Fisherman's Wharf up to the Presidio area and walked to the museum, but we didn't pass anywhere to eat. We just grabbed a snack at teh cafe half way through our museum visit and then took the same bus back down when we were done for a ton of restaurant choices.

We took a bus from Fisherman's Wharf up to the Presidio area and walked to the museum, but we didn't pass anywhere to eat. We just grabbed a snack at teh cafe half way through our museum visit and then took the same bus back down when we were done for a ton of restaurant choices.

We are staying in the Fisherman's Warf area so I think we'll do just this. Go to the museum first thing and head back for a day there looking at touristy stuff. Maybe lunch at The Codmother.

There are lots of good restaurants on Chestnut street near the museum - like between Divisadero and Fillmore. Just look on google maps and you will see a ton, see what you like! We used to go down there all the time when the kids were little, not so much now, so I think lots has changed. But lots of good choices there. :)

Hold the phone! What do you know about The Tipsy Pig? :rotfl:

We ate at the bowling alley at the Presidio. It's located near the DFM, at the end of the parade grounds. It was not the best hamburger and fries in the world, but we were hungry, and it was easy. :)

Hold the phone! What do you know about The Tipsy Pig? :rotfl:

I have not been but I checked it on yelp - seems to get decent reviews. Lunch time should be ok, but seems in the evening it's typical "Marina" scene - everyone in SF says all the "pretty" people live in the Marina. Well, if you are looking for the young hipster scene you should go at night too! :)

I trust yelp a lot for reviews... whenever I need to go to a new place in the city I use yelp. Has never steered me wrong. That said, yelp gives Tipsy Pig 3.5 stars - not super high, but not bad either...

You could just go to chestnut and wander around and see where it looks crowded and eat there. I don't think chestnut st. has a major tourist scene - day time is mostly people just out and doing their normal business, so they will know a good place to eat. :)

Kim

Following up! We spent the morning at the Disney Family Museum,( Great! Very enlightening view into the man's life.) and took a 15 minute walk from there up Chestnut. We passed several places of all kinds to eat and ended up at The Tipsy Pig. Nice, open pub spot. Indoor/ outdoor seating. Small lunch menu, soup, salad, sandwiches. I had a great Chimay Pulled Pork sandwich with sweet potato fries and a lemonade/ apricot/iced tea/ vodka beverage. They had a kids menu and there were people there with very young children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter