• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lunch in Disneyland Park

fantasia73

Mouseketeer
I had my first day lunch all planned for Disneyland at Cafe Orleans. Now the new menu is making me feel like I want to change my mind. Would you pick the Carnation Cafe or does anyone have a different recommendation?

Carnation Cafe looks good, but there are lots of other great choices, too. Are you looking for an ADR only, or would you consider Counter service?

I don't like the food at Carnation Cafe. I didn't care for the cheap atmosphere or the Denny's style food. Which isn't to say that I'm above eating at Denny's...just not while I'm at DL. The food is much better at counter service like Bengal BBQ, Ronto Roasters, or Docking Bay 7. Counter service is better than sit-down at DL. You would have much better luck at sit-down in DCA, but that was not the assigned question.

Cafe Orleans is one of my favorites in the entire resort, both for food and atmosphere. Ask to sit on the patio so you can watch the world go by.

I’ve only eaten at CC once. A friend ordered Walt’s Chicken. He gave me his side vegetables, since I’m a vegetarian, which left him two small pieces of chicken… for around $18. I’m not a fan and recommend Rancho del Zocalo instead. Their veggie tacos are pretty good and with the sides of rice and beans, it’s tasty and filling.

Thanks for all of the advice. I'm keeping my reservation for Cafe Orleans now and will keep my options open. The friend I'm traveling with said she still wants the monte cristo. So, we may still eat there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter