"lunch" ideas, no cooler

striker3636

Gets visits from Tinkerbell at n
Hi...We found on our last trip we ended up taking in a few bigger or buffet type dinners around 4-5pm on the days we were staying all day and catching the evening shows (loved H&V Fantasmic package - did it twice). We don't mind spending more money for dinner if we dont make it back to FW, but would like to bring a few "snacks" to help tide us through lunch. (and save some$$) Yes, I know Disney frowns on bringing food in, but I didn't have any problems last trip. I'd like to ditch the small collapsible cooler - does anyone have any healthier ideas for light lunches that don't require a cooler?
Here's a few we used, but I'm looking for more great ideas!
-applesauce/fruit cups
-tuna & crackers kits
-yogurt tubes, frozen
-apples, etc
-of course, granola bars and all that individual package stuff
-i froze water bottles to bring in a mesh bag, and threw cheese sticks in with them.

thanks!

Dried fruit is a big hit with my family (2 adults, 2 kids). The pineapple is fine in small amounts but can get to bee too sweet if you eat a lot of it. Apples, raisens, and papaya are our favoites. Trail mix is a good choice too. It has both salt and sweet flavors in a good mix. We get this stuff from the bulk section of our grocery store. We also take Cliff and Luna bars and watter bottels for everyone. With this assortment we were able to keep our sit down meal to one per day.

We take the things you mentioned, but we also pack peanut butter sandwiches. We either eat them plain (since jelly can make the bread soggy) or with marshmallow fluff. The fat in the peanut butter makes it a surprisingly filling lunch by just adding a piece of fruit. We've also taken that squeeze cheese in the can to put on crackers and added a couple types of fruit to make a light lunch.

Peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Neither needs to be refrigerated, and this is very filling. Or peanutbutter on crackers with fruit. Trail mix of nuts, raisins or other dried fruit, and chex cereal is also good.

Hard boiled eggs, jerky, smoked fish, sardines (yes, I know lots of people don't like them, but I do), dried fruit, whole grain crackers or bread, nuts or peanut butter...if you have frozen water bottles you can add cheese and raw vegetables.

what about the little snack bags of like the oreos and chips a hoy they have out now. plus my little man eat those fruit juicers. oh and quaker oats has not ony breakfast bars but now they have breakfast BITES! for me with a toddler they work great, i have some in the van at all times!

There are so many neat things to pack in lunches these days.

All these ideas are really good.

Don't forget something sweet if you're not going to get Mickey bars....

Frozen Capri Sun works really well....sometimes I have a problem with the water bottles busting!

There are smoked beef snacks (slim jims) that are good...how about peanuts in the shell? The tuna that is not in the can...the new vacuum packs...doesn't have to be drained....

We always take non-refrigerated snacks for our room....lunch packs of cookies..chips....etc...this way we have stuff to take to the parks if we want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter