Lunch after arriving at Yacht Club

Jet

Earning My Ears
My family will arrive at the airport at 12:00, go to baggage claim, and then take a towncar to the Yacht Club. I thought Beaches and Cream might be a good place to grab something to eat before heading to Epcot. Can anyone give me an idea how long it will take to get from the airport to the hotel (including time to get our bags) so I would know what time to make a PS for Beaches and Cream? Also, how fast is the service there?

The alternative would be to go straight to Epcot once we're settled at the Yacht Club. Any suggestions for good but quick counter service places at Epcot?

I'm assuming the towncar driver won't be willing to do a drive thru for lunch...that would probably be the best/easiest solution since we'll be both hungry and eager to get to the parks. Any experience with this?

Thanks very much!

Beaches & Cream - - they don't take PS... at least they didn't a few months ago. It's really really small and unless you go at an off time, getting a table is hard. We love the place and usually plan on having a late lunch or early dinner there to avoid waiting for at least an hour.

If you could snack on the plane (obviously take the food with you) and then hold out until after you get to Epcot, I think you would be safe making a PS for 2:30-3:00 at any of the countries for a nice sit down late lunch or early dinner .... to start off your vacation with a great leisurely meal.

Beaches & Cream does not do PS's, and is rather small. All in all, if you arrive at MCO at around noon, & handle baggage claim, & don't take advantage of the store stop, I'd say that you'd get to the YC in an hour or so. B&C's service is reasonably fast, but because the area is small, it can get REALLY BUSY!! I would suggest a contingency plan: the Yacht Club Galley is in the YC's lobby, and their lunch menu is here . Their food is really good, & is a best kept secret breakfast-wise.

Have a great time! :D

I agree with the other posters - try to take a snack on the plane. When you arrive at YC I suggest a light snack down at Hurricane Hannas - they have great wraps, fruit bowls and salads - the kids have good choices too.

Enjoy!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Your ride to the YC from the airport will take around 45 minutes.

As for B&C, this is a good spot to start your vacation. By the time you get thru with baggage and travel to WDW property, c/i I would think you will be there around 2-2:30pm.

You should be able to get into the restaurant, unless this is during a holiday period. You can also get it to go and eat out on the porch.

Another possiblity is at the BW where there is a pizza window and a hot dog cart.

Should take about a 1/2 hour to get bags and get off airport grounds and then about 1/2 hour drive (slightly less actually) to the YC (we just did this two weeks ago - plane landed at 9:55 pm and we pulled into the Yacht Club at 10:55 pm).

Assuming plane lands at noon and factoring in a few minutes to check in, you should be ready to go around 1:15 or 1:30. I think B&C will still be kind of crowded at that time. An alternative suggestion for a meal at the hotel would be to go to the Crew's Cup - it is the lounge that is right next to the Yachtsman Steakhouse. More varied menu than Hurricane Hannah's, good food, relatively quick (for a sit down restaurant), extensive beer menu and it is never very crowded, so there is unlikely to be any waiting for a table.

Maybe we're just slow :D but I think that by the time the plane lands, you shuttle to the baggage area, collect your baggage, drive to the YC, check in, that the lunch crowd will be starting to thin at Beaches and Cream. I'm prejudiced since I love this place but I would definitely stop there and see if and how long the wait is and then if there is too long of a wait have a contingency plan. Once seated the service has always been good and fast when we've been there (5 times) and it would be a fun way to start your vacation. If you don't get to eat there on arrival make sure that you do dine there at some point in your trip! Have fun!:hyper:

A good relaxed option is the Yacht Club Galley, which offers a sit-down lunch until 2-2:30 pm. If you arrive in time, consider this option.

I believe there's a counter service just inside the International Gateway to Epcot (Back Entrance) near the Royal Crown and Pub that serves Fish & Chips ......not bad at all....:cool:

If you don't mind walking a bit...ESPN Club on the Boardwalk would be a definite possibility as well. The food is basically priced the same, and there's a good selection for everyone. Shouldn't be too crowded at that time either.

Brian

I was also going to say that walking over to the Boardwalk is a nice thing to do after checking in. You save park admission but there's still enough to see and do so that you feel like you're getting some Disney. ESPN is good and a lot of people like Spoodles, though I've never eaten there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter