Lunar New Year 2024 Foodie Guide is here!

This may be too specific a question, but are the various restaurants and carts that sell dan dan noodles all the same? We have a lamplight lounge reservation, but I'd probably drop it if I can get the same dish at GCH Craftsman Grill or Bar.
I don't believe so. I asked the same question about the shrimp lo mein at the booth vs. at Paradise Garden and the cast member said it's different.

We went today and the lines for food and characters were really long. I thought they did a better job decorating and integrating the festival into the whole park this year.

We tried the steak & egg breakfast burrito at the Cappuccino Cart. It is new, but not a seasonal item. It was okay. A little overpriced, but was good tasting and satisfying. Note: Cappuccino Cart doesn't give MK discounts and they charge more for seasonal items that are sold elsewhere in the park. For example, the Lunar New Year Stainless Steel Tumbler is $27.99 elsewhere and was $30 at Cappuccino Cart. During the winter holidays, the Mickey gingerbread cookies were more expensive at Cappuccino Cart than at other places where they were sold.

We also tried the Asian Inspired Street Burrito from Studio Catering. It was really good tasting and I liked the crunch from the almonds or ramen or both. I thought it had a bit too much aioli and was glad that I split it with someone rather than eating the entire thing myself.

Someone asked about cute Mushu merch. The Mushu tumbler is nice looking. Most of the other merchandise has already been shared here and here.

I went yesterday with my youngest so thought I’d report back on what we tried. It was pretty busy when we arrived around noon so I decided to forgot the sip and savour pass due to the long line at the main booth so we headed to booth 5 (Lucky Lantern) for the orange cake and birria egg rolls. Again, there was a line but it moved quickly, even for an impatient 7 year old.

Come to find out, you can order the sip and savour at any booth! So we grabbed the S&S and placed our order at this booth for the other items we wanted to try. Note that I couldn’t order the (non alc) Yuja-Pineapple Cooler at a different booth as it wasn’t showing as an option, so have a backup if drinks are on your list. These are my son’s ratings, so take them with a grain of salt. ;)

Quesabirria Eggrroll (Lucky 8 Lantern): 8/10
Same delish filling as the quesabirria tacos, but with a spicier consome. Glad we each got one of these because I would not have wanted to share.

Mandarin Orange Mousse Cake (Lucky 8 Lantern): 8/10
As good as I remember it last year, nice and mild flavour. Not overly sweet (I’m not a big dessert person and enjoyed this.)

Fried Lemongrass Chicken Dumplings (Wrapped with Love): 2/10
My son is a dumpling fiend, but these were not either of our fave. The sauce is very sweet and the lemongrass flavour was overpowering with the sweet citrus.

Steamed Pork and Veggie dumplings (Wrapped with Love): 6/10
Delish classic dumpling with very tasty black garlic dipping sauce.

Enjoy!

Did not know that and have been waiting on that main line like a dolt! Lol
Specifically for the current festival, you can also buy it at a few of the retail shops, including Elias & Co and the Outfitters near Grizzly Peak! I bought mine at Elias after entering DCA. My thought at the time was that even if there was a line, at least I'd be in air conditioning :-) . (This was this past Sunday, when it was already warm in the morning.) But there was only one person ahead of me anyway.

Specifically for the current festival, you can also buy it at a few of the retail shops, including Elias & Co and the Outfitters near Grizzly Peak! I bought mine at Elias after entering DCA. My thought at the time was that even if there was a line, at least I'd be in air conditioning :-) . (This was this past Sunday, when it was already warm in the morning.) But there was only one person ahead of me anyway.
I haven't bought at Elias & Co before, but consistently buy festival S&S at Rushin' River Outfitters (near Grizzly Peak).

A few quick food reviews! We had the following yesterday:

Bulgogi Fried rice - this was a nice sized portion. My daughter ate most of it, but I got in a few bites and it was tasty. The pickled cucumbers were too spicy for her, which is strange because she often handles heat better than I do. I don’t like a lot of spice, and I didn’t find them too spicy.

Garlic noodles - my other daughter wanted these - she likes “plain” food, and loved this. Again, I got in a few bites, and really liked them too!

We also ordered the shrimp lo mein from paradise garden grill. The review I got from my husband was that it was good, but very spicy. They even mentioned when we ordered that it was spicy. He likes spicy food, but I think this was a bit spicier than he was expecting.

Dragon fruit churro - disclaimer - I’m not a huge churro fan. This was better than a regular churro, but not amazing lol. I feel like the flavour was pretty mild, it was good though, and we devoured it in 30 seconds :)

Hoping to try a few more things still!

Here’s the rest of my reviews!

Taro Vietnamese iced coffee - I really liked this. My coffee loving daughter liked it as well. My husband did not and went and got a hot chocolate from Ghirardelli’s instead 😂.

Kung Pao Bao - very tasty. Such a small portion though. Ate it in 3 or 4 bites.
IMG_9308.jpeg

Milk tea taro cheesecake - this was amazing. We bought 3 of them. 🫣. Highly recommend.
IMG_9467.jpeg

Tiger Milk Boba - very sweet. The kids loved it. I was good with just having a couple sips. IMG_9494.jpeg

I completely agree on the Vietnamese Taro Iced Coffee, this was our favourite treat.

We also loved the milk tea cheesecake and I really enjoyed the strawberry milk tea macaron as well.

We tried the spicy chicken bites and enjoyed, though with 5 of us, that portion did not go far...

Agree the tiger milk boba tea was too sweet and honestly they should have used cream or something thicker than milk.

We also tried the char siu turkey leg, I vote for sticking to the original!

Festival Visit Today. It was definitely crowded today, I ordered from one booth and it was a about a 40 minute line.

I ordered:

Banh Mi at Paradise Grill: Delicious! However very tiny portion, imo. I should have ordered the full sized sandwich. Great Grilled flavor, not spicy. If you like Banh Mi's I think this is a nice option.

BBQ Bao- meh. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't impressed with it. I would take Costco's Bao's over these.

Pineapple Yuzu Cooler: Delicious! Tart, tropical, creamy, refreshing. Pronounced pineapple flavor.

Mandarin Cake: This was ok. The reviews I heard was that it wasn't sweet. I completely disagree. It was sweet without any tart flavor, however it was light.

Queso birria Eggroll: I think I got a bad one. No cheese, just dried pot roast beef in an eggroll shell. Thank goodness for the consommé, which wasn't spicy. Just get the tacos at San Fransokyo.

Taro Cheesecake at Paradise Grill: Love this! It's rich, sweet, creamy, caramel brown sugar tea notes and the taro just adds to it. Definitely recommend. It's small but it can be shared because it's decadent.

Shrimp Lo Mein: Repeat order. My favorite savory food item at the festival.

I had a VERY short day at DCA yesterday, so I only got to a few items.

Garlic Noodles - listen, we all know they're just spaghetti noodles with a bunch of garlic, but they are MY spaghetti noodles with a bunch of garlic and I will eat them EVERY TIME. I'm easily pleased. Noodles. Garlic. What's not to love.

Pork & Veggie Dumplings at Wrapped with Love - These are new since last year and pretty good, IMO. The filling isn't that flavorful, but the actual dumpling wrap is really good for a steamed dumpling, and the black garlic sauce makes it. (It's got a big kick to it.) Plus, you get 3 dumplings, which feels like a lot compared to some of the festival portions. Very filling.

Char Siu Ribs at Studio Catering - said this in another thread, but I really liked these too! the sauce had a great flavor, the meat was tender and the peanuts add a nice crunch to it. definitely would order again.

(Studio Catering is honestly crushing the seasonal food item game. The turkey dinner empanada during Festival of the Holidays was fantastic, IMO.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter