Luminous.... How Crazy Will Opening Night Be?

Mr.Bill

Earning My Ears
Hello.... I have never been to the opening of a big show like this. I think it would be fun, but would almost like to wait until the end of the week if crowds during the day as well as the show will be lighter. I do not get out to WDW very often, so would like to maximize my days. So, should I skip it and do it Thursday or Friday, or will others be thinking the same thing and make it just as busy or more after the debut?

I'm in the same boat as you. We have planned to go to Epcot on Thursday the 7th. With the new show I'm wondering if we should switch around our days and try to do Epcot the 4th before the show to have a less busy day. But then again it would be fun to see the new show!

I hope not too crazy! We made our park reservations over a month ago and just so happen to be going to EPCOT on the 5th. LUCKY US! Our plans are pretty set in stone so we can't switch park days. So we will be there!

It's hard to predict the future, but I think a lot of locals will come and stake out a 'good' spot for the show and not be in lines or other non-Luminous stuff. So if you are looking to see Luminous, then yes, it will be extremely busy, but if you are looking to do other stuff, I don't think it will be so bad. In fact, I would not be surprised if lines in the hours before Luminous drop to low levels as most people wait for the show instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter