Lumberjack show in EPCOT to be "axed" after the holidays?!

MikeTaylor

Freelance contributor to wdwinfo.com!
I gotta say, the power of music prevails once again... these lumberjacks are semi-professionals that could make more money in the northwest (or Canada, ironically) and TripAdvisor has given the show a 2/5 review. Rumors are all over the place on this one, it is believed that they only had a one year contract. It would not break my heart to see some actual entertainment back in Canada!

I wouldn't be surprised if they got chopped (axe puns!). I haven't heard too many people be particularly wowed with the show. Not to say they don't have any appeal, just maybe not Disney. Hopefully they can continue to perform in a different venue.

I gotta say, the power of music prevails once again... these lumberjacks are semi-professionals that could make more money in the northwest (or Canada, ironically) and TripAdvisor has given the show a 2/5 review. Rumors are all over the place on this one, it is believed that they only had a one year contract. It would not break my heart to see some actual entertainment back in Canada!
Yes as far as I know they have done one year contracts with a lot of entertainment now.

Hoping for some pixie dust for the music - both Off Kilter and Mo'Rockin. Going for my first visit back to WDW since they left and I am actually not looking forward to the world showcase, because I will miss the bands!

I'd also like to see British Invasion again, but this time with an "actually British" band and with more enthusiasm and wit. Dress the front men like John Lennon and Mick Jagger and have some fun doing their own songs and other songs by Herman's Hermits, David Bowie etc. Next to Shakespeare those songs are Britain's greatest cultural export and they deserve to be done right.

DW and I saw it for the first time a few weeks back. Enjoyed it, but in no way is it a repeat visit show. It has a lot more potential. They only did three activities.

I loved Off Kilter, would plan my days around seeing them, same with British Invasion. Even though this was not as popular, I hope it gets replaced with something as opposed to just being removed.

Lumberjack shows can be good, but I think they have to be done right, the full show. They could do it part of the year, or every few years to mix things up. The real shows that I've seen have log rolling, saw offs, chop offs, chainsaw carving, axe throwing, and racing up a 100 foot pole à la Mulan.

Failing that, they should have the best possible musical acts they can find, in a variety of genres. Besides the folk-Celtic influences in Canada (including traditional French Canadian music) you could have a great "Canadian Invasion" show covering classic Canadian rock and pop artists.

DH didn't care for the Lumberjack show at all. I thought it was OK for a side show, but I didn't see it drawing in the crowds that a musical act did. I said this on another FB thread...Music brings people together and makes them linger. It's a feel good thing. The lumberjack show didn't provide any of that. I feel bad for the guys, but bring back the band! I know Off Kilter is probably off the list, but I'm sure there is another group ready and willing!

I don't think Florida is a good venue for a Lumberjack show. Best enjoyed when it is cooler as part of a fair. I think it is something that should visit WDW for a few weeks maybe in January/February and then move north.

We caught a small part of it at Food and Wine, while it pales in comparison to the show we saw in Alaska, we found it to be a bit on the Corny side. But there were a lot of people stopped to view it, so that is worth something.

That would be fine by me. What a tragedy replacing Off Kilter with that "show."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter