Lululemon Leggings

WDWNY

DIS Veteran
Any recommendations of which style lululemon pants/ leggings I should buy? Are they worth the price?

I've been running a lot recently so I would wear them to run and probably just to lounge around in.

I think they're worth the price. They are generally made well and last a long time.
I hate being distracted by leggings / pants that slip while I am running so I choose the ones that have the "hugged sensation".

Enjoy your stay at BWV! Try to go to Ample Hills!

I recommend browsing on the website for the styles that are for running, then trying them on in the store. The employees are usually helpful too if you explain what you are looking for. I like the speed tight personally. I think it is worth the money because I work out almost every day, so it is worth it to me to have clothes that last and fit well.

Fun fact: one of very few lululemon outlets is located in Orlando.

Let's see ... these are what I currently have:

Wunder Under high-rise, All the Right Places, Dance Studio and Tight Stuff crops. For pants, I've got Wunder Under high-rise and All the Right Places. I also have three Circuit Breaker skirts.

However, I wear none of these to run in.

I personally think they are worth it. They stay in place and have great pocket placement for what I need. I prefer the old style Inspire crops II but haven't tried the Inspire tights. I also like the Pacer Rivals. I'm in Houston so I prefer crops to pants since it's usually not that cold here.

I have 1 pair of run inspire crops that I like, but it looks like they don't make those anymore?

I'm gonna throw out another option in case you want to try something different - INKnBURN also makes nice running tights and capris (full disclosure - I am an ambassador for them)...similarly priced (cheaper in some cases): INKnBURN

They have a drawstring and a pocket that can fit an iPhone 6 comfortably...I think iPhone 6+ can also fit but you'd probably need to remove the case.

Whatever you decide, getting the correct size is key - you don't want your tights falling down when you run! So annoying.

Go to the store and try them on! I feel that they run small. I'm a small (size 4) in Nike, Under Armour and Athleta bottoms, but need a 6 in Lululemon.

If you're a Nordstrom shopper, Zella is a private brand label from the LuluLemon founder. Good quality - and you can find them at the Rack for a good price. I run in these and LOVE them.

I have 1 pair of run inspire crops that I like, but it looks like they don't make those anymore?

I'm gonna throw out another option in case you want to try something different - INKnBURN also makes nice running tights and capris (full disclosure - I am an ambassador for them)...similarly priced (cheaper in some cases): INKnBURN

They have a drawstring and a pocket that can fit an iPhone 6 comfortably...I think iPhone 6+ can also fit but you'd probably need to remove the case.

Whatever you decide, getting the correct size is key - you don't want your tights falling down when you run! So annoying.

You need to get InB making men's tights, too! I'm jealous of all the super cool colorful tight options women get for cold weather running! Men are pretty much limited to a choice between black or black, regardless of brand. Not fair at all!

edit fail - too early for me to be posting, apparently.

You need to get InB making men's tights, too! I'm jealous of all the super cool colorful tight options women get for cold weather running! Men are pretty much limited to a choice between black or black, regardless of brand. Not fair at all!
Apparently some men wear the women's tights...:eek: ;)

If you're a Nordstrom shopper, Zella is a private brand label from the LuluLemon founder. Good quality - and you can find them at the Rack for a good price. I run in these and LOVE them.

Also, they use the same fabric but it's cut more generously (a size 8 uses proper size 8 amount of fabric...according to a friend who worked there for a year in design, the lulu see-thru problem was because they tried to make size 8s using the fabric for a size 4, for example).

AND they go to bigger sizes as well.

I do like to run in lululemon products. Even though I am 5'5", I have a few "Tall" running skirts (Pacesetter, Pace Rival skirt, and one of the new Circuit Breakers) that I really enjoy in warmer weather. I also really like the Speed tights for cooler weather running. As others have mentioned, the Run Inspire crops are great but they have been discontinued. Definitely go to a store and try their products on first before making a purchase!

One thing I highly dislike about lululemon though is the return policy. Full priced items have a 2 week return policy (which is more relaxed during the Nov/Dec holiday time period), and any discounted items are final sale. Also, there have been some crazy price hikes lately so I find myself not purchasing much from them anymore. I'm not sure what other athletic brands return policies are, but the lululemon one is very restrictive.

I should have never come on this thread. I see a CORAL!!!! circuit breaker skirt that would match my InB cherry blossom shirt so wonderfully. But since I've never worn lululemon and I'm probably their size 12...and they don't go any higher. I'm worried about fit. So now I'm gonna have to go find a store to try one on. @daisyamy How do these work out for running long distance (do they stay put/ride up?)

@roxymama - I've worn a predecessor to the Circuit breaker (Pace Rival skirt) for a half and 10k this year. I have found that the shorts underneath ride up just slightly (I wear a size 10), but not enough that it has bothered me. I highly highly recommend trying on in store if at all possible, and getting the tall version since it is longer.

I also don't own skirts by any other brands, so I can't compare to others at this time. I would love to try a skirt from InB or Sparkleskirts someday.

I should have never come on this thread. I see a CORAL!!!! circuit breaker skirt that would match my InB cherry blossom shirt so wonderfully. But since I've never worn lululemon and I'm probably their size 12...and they don't go any higher. I'm worried about fit. So now I'm gonna have to go find a store to try one on. @daisyamy How do these work out for running long distance (do they stay put/ride up?)
I think fit is really hard with running skirts - it has to be just right to not have the shorts ride up. You'll have that issue if it's too big or too small. :confused3 Can be sort of frustrating to figure out. Do you have a retailer nearby where you can try them on?

I think fit is really hard with running skirts - it has to be just right to not have the shorts ride up. You'll have that issue if it's too big or too small. :confused3 Can be sort of frustrating to figure out. Do you have a retailer nearby where you can try them on?

Fortunately in Chicago-land, if you sneeze it will land on a lululemon. I think it's a law in Chicago that women must carry their work lunch in a lululemon bag as well. So, yeah.
Now have I only walked into a store one time, did a lap before getting totally intimidated and then walked out. Yeah

So I'll be back at least now with a mission. Maybe by pro-actively saying to a salesperson "I like this skirt, but my butt may or may not fit in your largest size, so I need to try it on" will just squash any of my stupid clothing store fears :)

Fortunately in Chicago-land, if you sneeze it will land on a lululemon.
:rotfl2:
I think it's a law in Chicago that women must carry their work lunch in a lululemon bag as well. So, yeah.
Now have I only walked into a store one time, did a lap before getting totally intimidated and then walked out. Yeah

So I'll be back at least now with a mission. Maybe by pro-actively saying to a salesperson "I like this skirt, but my butt may or may not fit in your largest size, so I need to try it on" will just squash any of my stupid clothing store fears :)
Uh, yeah - we just got one near us and I took a lap through 6-8 months ago after it opened. I haven't been back since - I felt like I was not skinny, blond or beautiful enough to shop there! :rolleyes2

Go try them on. I have a few pairs, but I dont like them for running. They just dont perform well for me. The waists tend to slip down a bit (and tend to have a bit lower rise). Their legging-shorts (i know, not exactly what you asked aout are super cute and comfy but are the worst for performance, as the legs ride up at elast a couple inches. Terrible. So, i wear them for non running, like regular gym work, crosst raining, and then just lounging. For actual running, I prefer Athleta BeFree line. The hip pockets hold my giant iphone, with a back pocket for my keys. A little hiher rise and waist that stays put. Even their shorts stay put. Love them. They last forever too, or at elast several years of constant use.

But of course, its all personal preference. You really need to go try them on. Athleta allows to to return them after you workout in them if you sont like how they perform. Lulu doesnt really do that, but will take them back if they are defective, and sometimes if they dont perform depending on who you are dealing with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter