Lulu201's Healthy Living Log (comments welcome!)

It's Monday, WISH-sis!! Are you ready to tackle another week? We can handle it AND we can handle it in a healthy way!! ::yes::

Remember, :sunny: is an attitude!!

Today is Monday, 6/28. . .

I woke up this morning determined to get this show on the road--I'm welcoming back my healthy lifestyle with open arms. My goals for the day are as follows:

1. Vitamins--take them!
2. Water--drink 8 glasses, currently I'm 1 for 8
3. Exercise--my goal for today is to walk for 60 minutes. I reset my pedometer with my stride length, so I will hopefully get a good read-out. I'm going to keep track of my steps each day.
4. Food--22 Target points, 4 Activity Points, 1-3 Flex Points

My goals for the week:

1. Vitamins--7/7
2. Water--7/7
3. Exercise--6/7; An average of 10,000 steps per day.
4. Food--7/7

I'm nosediving straight into the danger zone (day 25), and I can feel my body beginning to pull me down. Fortunately, I'm able to give in to it a little (this morning I slept until 8 a.m., for example), but I'm not backing off my exercise goal. I announced to DH that I want him to hold me accountable; he's great at supporting me in a gentle way.

I'm onward and downward!
Erin

Quick update:

1. Haven't taken vitamins--gotta do that
2. Water--have had AT LEAST 5 glasses
3. Exercise--went to the park and walked 3.89 mi. Gorgeous day.
4. breakfast: Eng. muffin w/peanut butter, coffee w/ cream=7
lunch: key lime yogurt/s.f. jello pie plus fresh fruit=4

Final update:

1. :D
2. :D
3. :D
4. snack: sandwich=5, coffee w/ cream=1, grape tomatoes=0
dinner: huge, healthy salad=7+2+1+5=15
Total points for day: 32/22 T, 4 AP, 6 Flex
Used a little more on flex than I wanted, but figured it was better to do that than to binge.

I MADE IT!:Pinkbounc The first complete day back on plan and it feels wonderful!:Pinkbounc

Plan for tomorrow:

Same 1 and 2. Exercise: depending on time, 4.6 or (gulp) 6.9. I'll see how I feel and how the temps are when I go to the park. This one has a longer track.
4. Food: b--pie and fruit and coffee=5, l--egg salad w/wheatables=8? (gotta check that), s--veggies and later coffee and s.f biscotti=3, large salad=13. That would put total points at 29: 22 T, 4 AP, 3 flex. I feel good knowing that I have my plan in place.

Off to watch "Weddings."

'Night all--
Erin

Hi Erin!
You have set some great goals for the week and what a blessing to have your DH help you meet them!::yes:: I hope you have a wonderful week, full of :sunny: :teeth: and :love:.

Take care,
Tracy:wave2:

Erin those a great goals! I am in the :boat: with you - I'm going back to counting carbs and holding myself responsible. I've been able to maintain (Thank Goodness) the last couple of weeks but I have not managed to lose anymore and that is unacceptable. Your exercise goal looks great - and that is great training for the marathon in January!

~Amanda

Hi Erin,

Your goals look awesome, and you sound so determined. I know what an accomplishment that is for you with DZONE approaching. I am proud of you. Enjoy your alone time with DH and your walk tomorrow.
Beth

You go, girl!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Yesterday you were sounding upbeat and ready to tackle your day with gusto!! Your updates throughout the day confirmed it! You are back on the healthy living road, striding proudly along with your head held high!! ::yes::

Today is a new day and you've got your plan in place! You can do it, Erin! :sunny:

P.S. Could someone please tell me how to end a sentence in a plain old period instead of an exclamation point???!!! :p

:wave2: Hi, Tracy, Beth, Amanda, and Doreen! Your posts are so encouraging and friendly. They really helped me stay on track yesterday.

So far today:

1. :D
2. Drinking lots
3. Walked five miles at the park--:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
4. Had a yummy breakfast (5) and am ready to have a little snack. I think I can add some jalapeno cream cheese on celery to today's plan.

I have to go and call DD in Vancouver; she called last night and said her bed in her new host's home has mosquito netting around it. That kind of freaked her out a little bit--I think she was expecting a major bug invasion in the night. She asked me to call this a.m.

Love to all. You were in my prayers as I walked.

Erin

Good morning, Erin!

I must admit I'd be a little freaked out about mosquito netting myself! :eek: I hope Liz wasn't traumatized by any bugs during the night! Is today the day she comes home??

5 MILES!!! WOWSERS!!! You are truly walking the walk, Erin! I'm glad that you, Amanda and I have recommited and are all eating healthy and training for the half. It's easier when I'm not feeling all alone and you are certainly inspiring me!

Let's make it another on-plan day with good healthy food! :sunny:

Wednesday, June 30th. . .

I've been hit by the big D-Zone Monster.:scared1: . This morning I'm feeling weary and down, but I'm determined to put one foot in front of the other and move through the day. I bagged my exercise plan for this morning, but I think I may get in back in before the end of the day.

Yesterday I accomplished 3 out of my 4 healthy living goals. Unfortunately I didn't eat in a healthy way; I ate in a destructive way. At the time I blamed it on PMS cravings, but today I just blame it on pure lack of personal strength and resolve. :( Today, though, is a brand new day and I'm determined to make the most of it. I WANT to eat well and to treat my body in a kind way.

My healthy living goals:
1. vitamins
2. water
3. exercise--two treadie miles
4. food--24 points (5 down, 19 to go)

Work goals:
1. a.m. class
2. afternoon students
3. work on music theater camp--begin script revision

Also, to feed my sagging spirit, I plan on taking some time to pray and to read, also to play the piano.

Thanks for your concern about DD, Amanda and Doreen. She called last night around 1:30, totally happy. She and her roommate were moved to a different home--issue resolved. Huge sigh of relief from me! She still didn't feel comfortable discussing all the details from her new host's phone; I'll have to wait until Friday night to get the "dirt." (And from what Liz was able to say, there was plenty of dirt around!)

I'm off into the day,
Erin

Ew! Your poor DD! Ew! Ew! Ew!

I'm sorry that the D-zone is getting you down. Fight back and hard and get back :boat: Doe and I are here for you!

I'm sending lots of :sunny: and :goodvibes your way!

~Amanda

Hi Erin,

I'm sending lots of :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: to help you through DZONE. You are a strong woman, Erin. You lack neither resolve or personal strength. What you have is a temporary hormone imbalace that causes you to experince pain, bloating, and depression.It is the PMS talking. Look what you accomplished yesterday. You took your vitamins, drank your water, and walked 5 MILES. That is huge when you don't feel well. I am hoping today goes better for you.

:sunny:
Beth

I'm thinking of you today, WISH-sis, and sending good vibes your way! The D-Zone is no fun but you'll sure appreciate the sunny days that are coming soon!!

I hope you're planning something fun for the 4th of July weekend!

Ok what does the DZone stand for. I know what is meant by it but don't know what the word means.:confused:

Dear Erin, I have a special surprise for you!! I'm sending over the 5 Power Rangers!! Just imagine them fighting off the D-Zone and its effects for you!

So, is TODAY the day Liz comes home??? If so, I hope you all have a wonderful reunion and enjoy sharing stories!!

In addition to the Power Rangers, I'm sending some :sunny: and some :flower2: :flower2: :flower2: to brighten your day!

:hug:

:hug: Erin,

I had to smile at Doe's power ranger's. We have 3 boys in the neighborhood who live in those costumes. Trust me, you don't want me to send them over, but it might get them out of my hair for awhile. ;) I hope you are feeling a bit better today, and that DZONE is manageable. I'm sending :hug: :wizard: :rose: for you.
Take care,
Beth

:grouphug: I love you guys. I wish I could spend more time here today, but I only have a minute. Lots on the to-do list.

Wilderness, the D-Zone stands for Danger Zone, that time of the month when you (and your loved ones :p ) are in danger physically and emotionally as Aunt Flo's visit approaches. It took me until I was in my late 30's (I'm 42 now), to really acknowledge the depths to which I was descending--I felt like I lost a week each month dealing with extreme fatigue, intense pain, food cravings, and irritability. Things are better now--I have a lot more understanding about what happens to my body andh ow to deal with it, but still it takes its toll.

Today I walked 2.5. Could've gone longer, but waited until it was too warm and sunny, and I needed ibuprofen, which I should've taken before I started. I really need to get out early to walk the longer walks. Haven't had the vitamins or much water yet. Plan to have pizza and salad for lunch at DH's favorite pizza place. I guess I could make a better choice, but that's what I want. I figure as long as I don't have half the pie, I'll be OK. I've been successful in resisting candy bars and other chocolate goodies the last few days--I hope to keep that up through the weekend.
Weighed in at 167. Not bad, all things considered.

Gotta shower and get on with the day--
Erin

This morning I'm ready to have some peace in my life. . .whenever I'm struggling with my eating I'm letting myself in for more mental battles (should I eat this, shouldn't I eat this, oh, I shouldn't have eaten that, etc.) than I want to deal with. My commitment to myself today is the following:

1. I will take my vitamins.
2. I will drink 6-8 glasses of plain H2O.
3. I will walk on the treadie sometime during the day or walk outside when it cools down this evening.
4. I will stick to the following food plan:
b--oatmeal and coffee
l--fruit salad, cheese, roll
s--candy (Yup, I said candy) at the movies
d--baked ziti (1 cup) and salad (heavy on the salad) for dinner
s--cut up veggies if I want a snack

I know that with the movie candy it's not a perfect day, but it's one I can live with. Hopefully the walk later in the day will offset some of the damage.

Plans for the day include doing some more of DD's wash, going to church, seeing Spiderman 2, and writing out a few plans for camp.
Also, I'd like to get a few cards in the mail to family and friends who need a little boost.

I'm off into the day--
Erin

Happy 4th Erin,

I think movie candy is an acceptable celebration of Independence day. ::yes:: Enjoy the movie. I hear it is really good.Have a good one.
Beth

Erin, I think it's much better to allow yourself a treat! Enjoy every bite of that candy without guilt - you've earned it! You've worked hard and should allow yourself a little yummy treat once in a while! This is something you can do for life!!

I'm happy to hear that Liz is home, safe and sound! I bet she's appreciating her own bed, her own room, her own family!!

I've decided I'm not working on "work stuff" today. I'll do that tomorrow! Make sure you don't work too hard on your "work stuff", OK?

I'm sending you "happy walking" :wizard: . I'll be walking today also!! :sunny:

Have a wonderful 4th of July!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter