• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Luggage Sale at Target!!

Poohbear123

<font color=CCCC00>Will travel without lipstick<br
I have been looking for luggage for the past 3 days and finally found some. Could NOT decide on one bag or two, 19" 22" or 25" with wheels, or what brand to buy! Went on various Web sites, Ebags.com, etc. and found bags way overpriced but name brands! Finally decided on going to Target and buying the 26" upright by Ascot for 59.00! When I got there, I saw a set for 79.99! Than I saw another set for 89.99!! Took 30 min to decide which set to buy!! LOL! Settled on the set for 89.99 seeing it had a 5 year warranty and came with 21" and 25" with wheels and a 16" tote bag! Now, how do I pack it??? LOL :rolleyes:

There really is a trick to packing bags of this type. Everyone has there own method but here are some of my suggestions.

Go to WDWIG.com she has a great packing list!!!

1. Pack a change of clothes in your carry on just in case. Also swimsuits and meds.

2. Put socks and underwear in ziploc bags (gallon size work good or two gallon if you can find them). Squeeze all the air out of them. It really shrinks down the "bulk" of these items.

3. Roll your clothes. Folding will only give you lots of wrinkles and rolling takes less room. Roll outfits together if you want or Shirts inside each other.

4. Remember the bottom of your suit case is where the wheels are. Pack shoes and heavy items down there. Helps to prevent the suitcase from being top heavy.

5. Don't know if you are bringing kids, but I do the ziploc bag thing for DD also. Each outfit including sox and underwear are all placed in a bag and zipped closed. It helps in getting dressed in the morning. everything is all together and we don't have to search for stuff. (Also prevents DH from putting the orange top with the pink shorts and the lime green sox!!)

6. Oh Yeah besides your extra clothes in the carry on, make sure you put at least one set of everyones clothes in each piece of luggage. If some of it gets lost you at least have a chance of having some clothes to change into.

FINALLY!!! do one of two things, Pack your bags VERY loosely or pack an extra bag. Who wants to sit there and repack on your last night there. It is so much easier to just pick up the clothes and dump them into the suitcase, then run for your last chance in your fave ride!!! You also need room for all the Souvies you are going to bring home!!! Put those in your carry on! I assume you aren't going to pack ALL your clothes so you don't need to worry about lost luggage on the way home!

Have fun

fram an airline employee who has had to go thru many a bag looking for id make sure that you have adequate id in and outside your bag. return address labels work wonders. place on inside the bag and inside the zippered part on the inside and outside as well. and place a sticker on the bottem where the wheel are as well. this past xmas I had 1000 bags that had no id on them what soever. and its really frustrating to have to break the lock open and go thru the persons stuff to see if I can find any kind of id on who this bag belongs too. there is nothing more gross than going thru someones dirty laundy that stinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter