• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Luggage ? if using Disney transfers back to MCO at end of cruise

msec

Mouseketeer
We have not cruised since before COVID so I am not sure what the current procedure is....

When we have used Disney transfers in the past to go back to MCO after our cruise - (flying JetBlue) - Disney would take our luggage and send it directly to airline (we did not need to drag our luggage onto the bus or through airport ) and also, they checked us in and give us our boarding passes on the ship before we disembarked.. Is this still the procedure? If so - we do not have a flight scheduled until 8:30pm - is there any kind of limit as to how far ahead (hours wise) Disney would be allowed to check us and/or our luggage in?

We are planning on going to Disney Springs before our flight home but do not want to drag luggage with us - so trying to figure out if we can use Disney transfers to MCO for the luggage issue (then Uber to Disney Springs for the day) or maybe just rent a car and leave luggage in trunk for the day.

Thank You ! :flower1:

I don't believe the Onboard Airline Check-in program has resumed. In the past it required one to be booked on DCL transfers to use the service, though I think there may have been some work-arounds. Moot point at the moment, though.

4 days ago on the Fantasy we needed to gather luggage and bring to bus, then off bus to airline check in. We were flying Southwest. They offered to check us in at 24 hours for the boarding number.

Any more info on being able to get at least boarding passes printed would be most appreciated.

Disney stopped the on board check in quite a while ago and it has not restarted and probably will never restart.
You have to get your printed boarding passes at the airport or digitally through your airlines app if you check
in online.
You also have to collect your luggage and take it with you to the airport and check it in there.

Thanks everyone for your responses! I appreciate the update on the current procedures. I think renting a car will work best for us this trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter