Luggage Fees?

Heatherdbby

Mouseketeer
Are their bag fees like on airlines?
How strict are they with carry ons?

I don't plan on packing much, and I know each bag has to be under 40 lbs.

But for carrying on, my son will have a backpack, I will have a backpack, plus camera bag, and stroller.

But I just wanna know if I need to plan for a fee outside of tipping the porter?

DCL does not charge any luggage fees. Any bags you carry on must fit through an airport style x-ray machine.

And you are responsible for anything you carry on until staterooms are open - there is no place to check them or leave them securely before you can enter your stateroom.

I know about the luggage scanner and about the i have to keep it with me, I just want to be sure more than 1 bag per person is okay.

I know about the luggage scanner and about the i have to keep it with me, I just want to be sure more than 1 bag per person is okay.
Yes you can carry on as many bags as you want too. Just think you need to haul around until your cabin is done. :-)

No fees for bags, no the matter the number. Just remember that you have to store your bags in your room. Usually plenty of room under the bed.

No fees for bags, no the matter the number. Just remember that you have to store your bags in your room. Usually plenty of room under the bed.

Oh yes. Bags AND stroller - everything IN the cabin. Not the hall, not the balcony.

Lol would people really leave stuff in the hallway?
Id be too worried that it would roll down the hall haha
All the time...it's so annoying because the halls are narrow to begin with and you have cleaning carts, strollers and wheelchairs to squeeze past. I'm sure it's not allowed but many people do it

Lol would people really leave stuff in the hallway?
Id be too worried that it would roll down the hall haha

Yep. I've seen more than one stroller left in the hallway until the stroller was moved by crew and the people had to go to guest services to get it.

Are their bag fees like on airlines?
How strict are they with carry ons?

I don't plan on packing much, and I know each bag has to be under 40 lbs.

But for carrying on, my son will have a backpack, I will have a backpack, plus camera bag, and stroller.

But I just wanna know if I need to plan for a fee outside of tipping the porter?

The 40 lb limit only applies to airlines. We usually fly an airline that allows 50 lb bags and last month DH's weighed 49.5

As for carry-on limits, you're basically limited by how much you're physically capable of hauling around the ship until your room is ready.

I have never flown. What are the allowable dimensions?
The typicaly airline carry-on size limit is 22 x 14 x 9. For the airlines, the limit has to do with the overhead storage bins. The x-ray machines at the port should able to accommodate a bag that's a couple of inches larger.

That's what had me confused -- I thought the xray machines would be for luggage that was being checked, not just carry on. Thanks, Michael!

All your luggage gets x-rayed. The difference is that checked luggage goes through a bigger machine behind scenes after it is handed off and your carry on bags are put through an x-ray machine as you enter the terminal.

Also, some may not know (and I have never, ever seen it enforced) but there is a limit of two bags per person as stated in the Terms & Conditions of DCL.

BAGGAGE, VALUABLES AND OTHER POSSESSIONS
Each Guest may bring aboard the ship a reasonable amount of clothing and personal effects without charge, not to exceed 2 bags per person. All Guest baggage must be stored in the Guest's stateroom and must be labeled with the Disney Cruise Line baggage tag. Dangerous or illegal articles such as weapons, explosives, liquid oxygen, combustible substances or nonprescription controlled substances may not be brought to Walt Disney World® Resort or taken aboard the ship. Any such items shall be surrendered to the Master of the ship at embarkation, and may be disposed of at the sole discretion of the Master. You should retain valuables such as cash, negotiable securities or other financial instruments, gold, silverware, jewelry, ornaments, works of art, photographic/video/audio equipment or supplies, laptop computers, cellular phones or other valuables in your personal control as Disney Cruise Line is not responsible for damage to or loss of these items.

Bolding is mine.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contracts-terms-safety/terms-conditions/united-states/

MJ

Also, some may not know (and I have never, ever seen it enforced) but there is a limit of two bags per person as stated in the Terms & Conditions of DCL.

BAGGAGE, VALUABLES AND OTHER POSSESSIONS
Each Guest may bring aboard the ship a reasonable amount of clothing and personal effects without charge, not to exceed 2 bags per person.

So here's the funny in my house... we have specific 'cruise luggage'. Too big to reasonably take on a flight (fully loaded is over 50lbs nearly 100% of the time) but will allow us to jam everything into it for a cruise (usually pushes about 55 lbs.) They both fit comfortably under the bed in our stateroom and all is grand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter