Luggage at campsite

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
I’m considering staying at the campsites and I won’t have a car. Do I just leave my luggage in the tent? How likely is it for somebody to steal my luggage? Will they store luggage at the front desk each day or only on check in and check out days (arriving early or leaving late).

There is an entire thread dedicated to camping at Disney, just scroll down from the resorts thread to see it. That one resort has its own section & all the experts post there. Also, you will likely end up with more questions before you go & can find answers there.

That said, I have tent camped twice, once with a car & once without. I have a VERY large tent & had no problem storing bags inside bags inside my tent.

Things are as likely to get stolen while camping as they are anywhere else. That said, I've never had anything stolen while camping & don't think luggage would be a hot item to lift. Although, with anything, camping is not the ideal situation to bring 'top of the line' anything. So, if you have a $2,000 set of luggage, head to Walmart & spend $75 on a roller bag & a few duffles & take those.

I think FW has quite helpful staff & I wouldn't hesitate one second to ask them if they can help store some items for you.

When I didn't have a car they used a large van to take me & all my gear to my site. They also picked me up at 5am to get me to lobby in time to catch my DME. All coordinated at the front desk.

There is an entire thread dedicated to camping at Disney, just scroll down from the resorts thread to see it. That one resort has its own section & all the experts post there. Also, you will likely end up with more questions before you go & can find answers there.

That said, I have tent camped twice, once with a car & once without. I have a VERY large tent & had no problem storing bags inside bags inside my tent.

Things are as likely to get stolen while camping as they are anywhere else. That said, I've never had anything stolen while camping & don't think luggage would be a hot item to lift. Although, with anything, camping is not the ideal situation to bring 'top of the line' anything. So, if you have a $2,000 set of luggage, head to Walmart & spend $75 on a roller bag & a fee duffles & take those.

I think FW has quite helpful staff & I wouldn't hesitate one second to ask them if they can help store some items for you.

When I didn't have a car they used a large van to take me & all my gear to my site. They also picked me up at 5am to get me to lobby in time to catch my DME. All coordinated at the front desk.
Thank you so much! And I’ll definitely look at that thread!

The camping thread has a lot of information about Ft Wilderness. We have never had a problem with anything getting stolen there. We have camped there many different times in a RV, but we have left out decorations, chairs, coolers, and other items. Everyone there is very friendly and helpful in our experience! Hope you have fun!

You also got answers to this question on the other thread you asked on. However your question there was not clear that you are tent camping. Perhaps you can clarify there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter