Luggage Arrival Time out of Port Everglades

Alicatt

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me when luggage checked at the port has been arriving to rooms from Port Everglades? I will be on the Dream in a few weeks and I am trying to plan my carry on bag. Also can you tell be if there are bathrobes provided and if Club members are still getting a tote bag as a gift?

Thank you!

We will be on the in December. Our first cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. I would assume luggage handling will be the same as Port Canaveral which I have copied from DCL website. IN addition to the list DCL provides I would suggest bringing at least the one outfit that you plan to wear at dinner. Especially if you have main dinning. We have had parts of our luggage outside the room when we were allowed to go to the room and sometimes luggage arrived shortly before we were going main dinning. As DCL states below, luggage may not arrive until after the ship has left port.

Packing List for Bahamian and Caribbean Cruises​

Dress comfortably for vacation—plus bring the appropriate attire for such activities as dinners and Port Adventures.

Embarkation Day Basics

Pack these items in a day bag to keep with you, as your luggage may not arrive at your stateroom until a few hours after the ship leaves port:

• Medication (in their original containers)
  • Passport and/or required citizenship documentation
  • Camera and accessories (batteries, memory card, etc.)
  • Extra prescription glasses or contact lenses
  • Sunscreen or hat
  • Swimsuit and cover-up

Luggage arrival can vary based on several factors. I would bank on not having your luggage until after main dining time (it's not usually that late, but it can happen). Castaway Club gifts are now based on level: silver get a tote bag, gold get a wet/dry bag, platinum gets a beach towel, and pearl gets some corcksicle-like glasses. You'll get all the gifts up to your level, not just the one at your level. I believe bathrobes are only provided for concierge staterooms.

Last week luggage arrived AFTER main dining.

We also didn’t actually leave port until 6:15, so maybe everything was delayed.

Jan 7th Dream our luggage didn't arrive until 5:30 pm......latest ever in 55 cruises.

MJ

Port Everglades seems very late. We dropped our luggage around 11:05 AM for an 11:15 PAT, and didn’t get them to our room until about 5:45 PM. And we were not the last to get them. I was not at all impressed with the outside staff at Port Everglades. Many of them seemed clueless about what was going on, and either just grunted at us or ignored us. I will say that they guy who took our luggage was very nice, though, and I tipped him well. The staff inside the terminal were a little better, but the overall level of service is nowhere near that at Port Canaveral (or New York, or Galveston, or Vancouver, or San Juan, or San Diego).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter