• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lucy stands over the mantle at Disneys Boardwalk Resort

Nickylv

DIS Veteran
In the hotel lobby sitting area At the Disneys Boardwalk resort is a small replica of Lucy the Elephant over the fireplace mantle. To the left of that is a picture of the real Lucy.
The real Lucy is a A 65 foot 6 story elephant built in 1881 which stands to this day on the beach front in Margate New Jersey. Approximately 6 miles south of Atlantic City. We raised our kids a few miles south of Lucy and would take visitors to see her when ever they came. Over the years Lucy had many uses. A tavern, a restaurant, business office and a summer cottage available for rental. Lucy now stands as a museum open 10am to 5 pm during the summer.

Image.jpeg

Lucy over the fireplace mantle at Disneys Boardwalk Resort.

Image_1.jpeg

Image_2.jpeg

The real Lucy in Margate NJ. This photo taken the last time my wife and I visited family in New Jersey.

I love LUCY! Grew up beaching in OCNJ. Took my kids to visit her a trip to the area. I did not know she was at BW so now I'll have to go visit! Thank you.

Our kids graduated from Ocean City High School, their school was directly on the beach.
Oh I know. When we took our kids to visit (we live in Atlanta) my son ran a 5K that started and finished at the school. He won his age group and the trophy was a piece of the boardwalk with city logo imprinted. I have it hanging at my beach house along with other OC items.

I have family with homes there and who grew up there. Special special place. ❤️

Oh I know. When we took our kids to visit (we live in Atlanta) my son ran a 5K that started and finished at the school. He won his age group and the trophy was a piece of the boardwalk with city logo imprinted. I have it hanging at my beach house along with other OC items.

I have family with homes there and who grew up there. Special special place. ❤️
We raised our kids there and now we are all in Las Vegas for 26 years. I don’t have to shovel snow anymore 😊

The Boardwalk is my favorite 😍

They also have a replica of the Cyclone roller coaster from Coney Island’s Luna Park (& BW pool is named Luna Park Pool)

My grandma used to tell me how she would ride the Cyclone all day when she was growing up in Brooklyn.

The Boardwalk is my favorite 😍

They also have a replica of the Cyclone roller coaster from Coney Island’s Luna Park (& BW pool is named Luna Park Pool)

My grandma used to tell me how she would ride the Cyclone all day when she was growing up in Brooklyn.
I have also been to Coney Island as a kid, did not ride the cyclone though. I was too young

I live in NJ and remember visiting Lucy as a child! This post reminds me we need to take our kids to see her, we have yet to do so.

Great excuse to take the kids to see Lucy, then head over to the Ocean City Boardwalk for some boardwalk food, Johnsons Popcorn (the best) Mango and Mangos pizza (formally Mack and Mangos) funnel cake, sausage subs, need I go on. games, rides and maybe bring your chairs and sit by the ocean.

Anyone know if they have started to renovate the lobby at the Boardwalk Resort? Is the replica of Lucy the Elephant still over the fireplace?

I had no idea about the story behind the Boardwalk statue. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter