LTT lunch on arrival day

lovemy2girls4eva

DIS Veteran
Expected to arrive in Orlando airport at 9:30am. Taking magical express to POR where we want to spend the afternoon at MK. Can we do a sit down lunch there (LTT has opening for lunch @ 1pm) or not. Family wants to try LTT but not sure we can make it. Thanks!

Expected to arrive in Orlando airport at 9:30am. Taking magical express to POR where we want to spend the afternoon at MK. Can we do a sit down lunch there (LTT has opening for lunch @ 1pm) or not. Family wants to try LTT but not sure we can make it. Thanks!
It will be close. Are you taking DME? Average time from MCO to WDW Via DME is 90 minutes. Then you need to checkin and take your bags to your room, if it is ready. Or store it with Bell Services. Head to the bus stop and wait for a MK bus. It could be 20 or more minutes. Then travel time to MK from POR. Wait for bag check, then wait for security and finally walk to LTT.
I wouldn’t do it. We never make an ADR sooner than 5 hours after scheduled arrival. Flight delays are common. Any delay and you will miss your ADR.

It will be close. Are you taking DME? Average time from MCO to WDW Via DME is 90 minutes. Then you need to checkin and take your bags to your room, if it is ready. Or store it with Bell Services. Head to the bus stop and wait for a MK bus. It could be 20 or more minutes. Then travel time to MK from POR. Wait for bag check, then wait for security and finally walk to LTT.
I wouldn’t do it. We never make an ADR sooner than 5 hours after scheduled arrival. Flight delays are common. Any delay and you will miss your ADR.

Ok thanks!!! We’ll just go to a quick service at MK.

We always let Magical Express handle our bags and we do online check-in, so we will just drop any carry-ons with bell services and hit the bus. Especially on an early arrival like that where there is a good chance the room won't be ready. You can't go wrong with counter service either, but if you were looking forward to a nice sit down meal after the flight and whatnot, my opinion is you'd make it with no problem. If there are any airline delays, they are happy to cancel or reschedule (if possible) your reservation with no penalty as we've had this happen. Have a great trip! :flower1:

I agree with Shannon, make the reservation. I have made reservations for 1pm and arrived at MCO at 11 am and have made it to lunch. Your checked luggage will arrive 3-4 hours after you do courtesy of Magic Express - so no worries there. Again, just as Shannon stated, leave any carry-ons with bell services and head to the park. LTT is a fantastic meal and a great way to kick off your vacation. Enjoy!

I just sat on the tarmac an hour waiting for an engine check. You never know if you will arrive on time or not

If there are any airline delays, they are happy to cancel or reschedule (if possible) your reservation with no penalty as we've had this happen.
Reschedule, sure. But outright cancelling the same day typically does incur the $10 pp cancellation fee.

In August my flight was delays for 2 hours due to terrible rain storms up in NY. You just never know about flights. I have taken off in snow storms but stuck on plane in sun due to door issues.

It would be close. If you are to arrive at 9:30, if the plane arrives on time, you might be on Magical Express by 10:30, expect it to take up to 90 minutes, depending on if you are the first or last stop. Check in should be quick.
You should be checked in by noon. Get a bus to MK, go through security, in the park at 12:30 at best, then walk to the restaurant.
Its is doable, but stressful with too many options to go wrong.
i would keep trying for a later time, or skip the ADR and see what you can get walk up. If you are not adverse to eating at an off time, most TS restaurants are available.

Reschedule, sure. But outright cancelling the same day typically does incur the $10 pp cancellation fee.
FWIW, that has not been my experience. Any issues with flights and they have been happy to cancel reservations outright. Just giving them a call has done the trick for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter