• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lowest crowds (Sep) rope drop for RoP

meagarunt22

Obsessed
I'm aware of the craziness surrounding normal and heavy crowds rope dropping for Ride of Passage, but my question is has anyone actually done the rope drop during the period of lowest crowds? I'm basically just wanting to know, if we don't get there AS early, maybe 30 minutes before rope drop, will I immediately be an hour behind in the line? I'm hoping to take a bit more relaxed approach for our next trip for the sake of my husband and I'm hoping we can show up later than normal and still get a pretty decent wait time without buying ILL.

On Wednesday September 14, 2022, AK had a 7:00am early entry and a 7:30am official park opening. According to Thrill Data, FoP opened with a 33 minute wait at 7am and was at 49 minutes at 8am. So, if you were at the back of rope drop, you’d probably be looking at a 30-40 minute wait, which appears to be realistic because I was there that morning. We were a the front of the early entry rope drop pack and had less of a wait.

https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/park/wdw/animal-kingdom/2022/09/14/2022/09/14/False

For comparison, today would have been 57 minutes and 117 minutes.

I'm aware of the craziness surrounding normal and heavy crowds rope dropping for Ride of Passage, but my question is has anyone actually done the rope drop during the period of lowest crowds? I'm basically just wanting to know, if we don't get there AS early, maybe 30 minutes before rope drop, will I immediately be an hour behind in the line? I'm hoping to take a bit more relaxed approach for our next trip for the sake of my husband and I'm hoping we can show up later than normal and still get a pretty decent wait time without buying ILL.
Even with an hour wait–whether you've ridden the ride or not–the queue is a great experience.

On Wednesday September 14, 2022, AK had a 7:00am early entry and a 7:30am official park opening. According to Thrill Data, FoP opened with a 33 minute wait at 7am and was at 49 minutes at 8am. So, if you were at the back of rope drop, you’d probably be looking at a 30-40 minute wait, which appears to be realistic because I was there that morning. We were a the front of the early entry rope drop pack and had less of a wait.

https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/park/wdw/animal-kingdom/2022/09/14/2022/09/14/False

For comparison, today would have been 57 minutes and 117 minutes.
Wow thank you for that! I think my family would much rather wait 30-40 minutes than get up 2 hrs early to then have to wait at rope drop. They're under the impression that I run them ragged on these trips. Haha.

You can always do the opposite and get in line just before park close. The wait times then are often inflated to discourage people from getting in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter