Lower Crowds in 2021?

JM23457

Registered
I am tentatively plannung a trip to Hawaii in June or July of next summer. Does anyone else think that Aulani will likely be less crowded than usual next summer, or do you think pre-Covid crowd levels will reemerge that quickly?

Forecasters don’t expect tourism to bounce back to pre-pandemic levels for at least 4-5 years, so next year should be less crowded.

I think the bigger concern is what entry conditions will be at that time. Hawaii official create policy based on what the virus is doing, not a timeline. Entry requirements can and have been implemented/repealed/changed with little notice.

In June/July next year, I would still expect mask requirements to be in place as well as possible travel restrictions into Hawaii and possible state quarantine mandates either still in effect or re-in effect, so to speak. In other words, if numbers spike again next Spring/Summer like they are expected to, we might be seeing similar things as we're seeing this year. If you're able to make it then, I would expect it to be lower crowds than typical.

In June/July next year, I would still expect mask requirements to be in place as well as possible travel restrictions into Hawaii and possible state quarantine mandates either still in effect or re-in effect, so to speak. In other words, if numbers spike again next Spring/Summer like they are expected to, we might be seeing similar things as we're seeing this year. If you're able to make it then, I would expect it to be lower crowds than typical.
That's what I was thinking, too. I do expect restrictions & rules to still be in place. I'm just hoping that by then the 72 hour testing procedure is all set & it is possible to go there as long as you're not sick. And we would welcome lower crowds.

I think it will be less crowded for a while. Even if we have better COVID19 treatment by then, it will take a long time for some industries to recover. I expect people will have less money to travel.

we are thinking the same thing ! we will be looking for a few weeks in summer 2021 and hope it’s slow

We booked a trip for June & I hope that it's open!

from your lips to gods ear! we’re gonna try and do late july and early aug...i feel like the longer we stretch the better the odds. we’re also books for 3 days in the heart of the beast copper creek cabins lol so we’ll see how that goes

Same here. I have talked to some friends planning trips for 2021 and most are staying close to home and not flying. This makes me think there will be less travelers in Hawaii.

I would lean to lesser crowds than normal even if a nice discount is offered along with low cost airfare. I've looked at airfare for next year and there's some good deals out there to be had on round trip flights to Hawaii.

I think a lot of people will be putting off the bigger and more expensive vacations for a little bit. A lot of people are struggling right now and a lot of uncertainty is happening regarding the whole COVID-19 situation.

Most people I've talked to are really missing our trips that we had planned and had cancelled so I would think once it's "safe to travel" (and unsure what that will realistically look like for a while) people are going to go. I mean with the pandemic raging people are still traveling to the beach hot spots. And with credits many of us have we will be eager to use them.

I think that as long as Covid testing is required, the numbers are going to be on the low side as that adds a lot of uncertainty to what, for most people, is a fairly expensive trip.

I think that as long as Covid testing is required, the numbers are going to be on the low side as that adds a lot of uncertainty to what, for most people, is a fairly expensive trip.

yeah the 3 day covid testing thing is a no go for many people. If it is positive and you didn't know (or a false positive) then you really don't have time to change plans. I heard that Greece is opening their cruise ports on August 1st so I wouldn't be surprised if some other areas of Europe start opening and tourism dollars start going there instead. Sucks for Hawaii as with tourism money once its gone its generally not coming back as people won't tend to take an extra trip the following year due to having one cancelled this year. Thats not to say Hawaii tourism won't recover, just that I wouldnt expect a huge surge over what they normally would have in the future as they open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter