Low Rate At Courtyard By Marriot Non-Refundable?

Disneylvr

Always Disney Dreaming!
Originally my husband were going to be arriving late evening of November 28th. So we didn't want to spend allot of money for a hotel for that first night and the fantastic rates at the Courtyard were just perfect. THEN our flight was cancelled and we will be arriving in the AM on November 28th and we would rather spend our first night at All Star Music where we have reservations for November 29-December 4th. When we booked the Courtyard online we received a warning that our credit card would be charge the entire amount for one night AND that it was non-refundable. HOWEVER, the confirmation e-mail states: "Hotel Policies and Restrictions: No deposit is required at this time. Your credit card will be used to guarantee your room. At the time of check in, you may arrange for payment directly with the hotel. This hotels cancellation policy requires that you must cancel your reservation more than 7 days prior to arrival. If you fail to cancel in that time period, your credit
card will be charged an amount equal to one night plus tax."

I would like to possibly cancel the reservations at the Courtyard and spend November 28-December 2nd at Music and then stay 2 nights at a deluxe. But I don't want to change hotels twice during a short 6 night trip NOR be charged the one night at the Courtyard whether we stay there or not. Does anyone know if I can cancel the Courtyard without penalty??

You might call your airline and tell them you have nonrefundable hotel reservations and see if they can find a flight Nov 28 or see if they will give you a refund/voucher for your hotel.
It seems your reservation is noncancellable but Courtyard made a mistake with the E-Mail. Why don't you just call them and see if they'll work with you? I think when you booked you were told your rate was an exception to the normal hotel policies. Might you consider cancelling all stars, staying at Courtyard for a few nights and then a deluxe?

Apparently Dreams had some kind of mix-up with their confirmation emails. I had
the EXACT same thing happen. I emailed Dreams to confirm that I would prepay, and yes, that is the deal - prepayment - your card is probably already charged. The confirmation letter was mistaken. Perhaps you will be lucky, but this is what happened to me. (I did not want to cancel however and prepayment is actually a good thing for me....) By the way, I also arrive Nov.28th, stay one night at the marriott and then move to ASMu!! Wear your lime green ribbon and maybe we can say hello.

Jodyb I will look for at both the Courtyard and at All Stars. Just yesterday my Dreams agent was able to find availability for me at All Star Movies (my favorite All Stars Resort) so I won't be at Music, however we might be on the same buses once in awhile!

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter