Loving 1st Week of September So Far!

This is traditionally one of the slowest times of the year at WDW. Millions of kids were up and out the door this morning for their first day of school. Mine have been back for a couple weeks already but many (especially in the northeast were WDW draws heavily from) start today. And most parents will wait a few weeks before pulling kids out for a vacation.

Enjoy. If I could stand the heat, I would totally be there now. :)

Yep, I'm glad our kids started back up in August, because they will have had three weeks already before we pull them out. :) Leaving on Friday!

Thinking of doing this time next year with DD and her BF. He and his family did one day at MK last week as part of a cross America trip and he loved it and is desperate to go back for a proper trip. DD and I did it in 2010 for her birthday and really enjoyed the low crowds and managed with the heat with no issues.

Besides the heat, this is one of the best times to go. Just checked wait times at all of the parks just now. All of the headliners- Soarin, Test. Track, Toy Story Mania are only 40 minute waits, RnRC is only 10 mins and ToT is 20 mins. 7DMT is only 60 minutes at this time of the day which isn't bad at all compared to what its been. Splash has a bit of a wait but that is not surprising since it is really hot there so people will want to get wet.

If it weren't for the heat, we'd go during this week.

Sounds great :thumbsup2

Although I do miss the days of headliners having 20 minute waits in September - not that I've seen those days for years ;)

We have gone twice during labor day week and I would pick that week heat and all over any other. My kids are in high school now and there is just no way I can pull them out for week. I wish I would have taken advantage of it more and skipped those August trips. I convinced my best friend to take her family to WDW this week and take advantage of free dining and she is loving it. :)

This is traditionally one of the slowest times of the year at WDW. Millions of kids were up and out the door this morning for their first day of school. Mine have been back for a couple weeks already but many (especially in the northeast were WDW draws heavily from) start today. And most parents will wait a few weeks before pulling kids out for a vacation.

Enjoy. If I could stand the heat, I would totally be there now. :)

Thank you mom2rtk!

I had no idea...I would have thought the locals would flood the park Labor Day Weekend!

I'm so excited- I arrive in 8 days. This will be my first trip during an off-peak season. I just graduated from college, so my whole life I've been relying on school breaks to determine when I go to WDW. Therefore, I've always gone between June-August, Christmas, spring break, etc. I'm SO thrilled to finally visit the parks when the crowds are low. It'll be really nice to see low wait times for rides that I'm accustomed to seeing 60 min + for :cool1:

Today is a 1 prediction on the crowd calendar that I used. I really cannot wait to read more trip reports as we're planning a 5 park day (all 4 and then back to Epcot) next Thursday -- also a 1 prediction. Fingers crossed. :thumbsup2

We leave Friday night, and the 2 teenagers still left at home are staying w/ my parents. Woohoo!! They've "outgrown" Disney so don't mind us leaving them. They must be adopted. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter