• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Loved Art Of Animation!

Koda

DIS Veteran
We stayed at AoA 8/7-8/13, and I have nothing but good things to say about it! We had some trouble getting into our room when we arrived (4:30 pm on 8/7), but the CM at the front desk was very quick and helpful. MDE and our old magic bands were glitchy and he wound up reconfiguring all of our bands.

Skyliner was fabulous, and we will stay here again just for that mode of transportation! On arrival day we took the skyliner to Caribbean Beach for dinner, and used the skyliner to get to HS and Epcot several days. I was worried that there would be a long wait in the morning getting to HS, but we didn't wait at all (at AoA skyliner at 8:05, and got to HS by 8:15-ish). Such a relaxing way to travel!

Buses to MK, AK, and Disney Springs were quick, and we never waited more than 5-10 minutes for a bus.

Food at Landscape of Flavors was good. The selection wasn't huge, but food choices were limited everywhere due to pandemic. Mobile ordering was very efficient, and our orders were always correct. We usually took our food back to the room to eat, but there were always plenty of tables open in the food court area.

We were in Nemo building 4, 3rd floor. Elevator was quick and we hardly ever shared with another family. We are a family of 5 (3 DDs in their 20s), and space-wise the room was great. The 2 bathrooms is a life-saver! We used the little coffee maker every morning (I called housekeeping a couple of times to get extra coffee packs, which they brought within 5-10 minutes). We checked a bag at the airport with snacks, cereal, and a couple boxes of wine. The fridge was big enough for a box of wine, a half gallon of milk, some other bottled drinks, and a couple of containers of leftovers. We always folded up the beds during the day so that we had extra space to move around. Some of us played cards on our non-park day while one DD logged onto a work meeting on her laptop in the bedroom with the door closed.

I am a sucker for any Disney character, and LOVED the theming of this resort! Walked around and took many photos. Disney does such a great job with the details! One of my DDs and I went for a run on our non-park and departure days. We were able to get in 3 miles by looping around the lake a couple of times and winding through AOA and Pop Century themed areas. Stopped for walk breaks to take more photos!

We swam in the Big Blue Pool a couple of times, which was super refreshing. We were lucky to find chairs or a table every time, but the shaded tables definitely went quickly. They showed movies and had a campfire with marshmallow roasting every night, but we did not do these activities. Looked fun for young families.

All guests and CMs were respectful and followed masking protocols.

We have stayed at many other Disney resorts (value, mod, and deluxe), but this was our first time at AOA. It is one of my new favorites, and we will definitely stay here again!

Glad you enjoyed it. We considered it for an upcoming trip - son, his SO and their infant daughter and me. It was about the same price as a sort of mini suite at the Dolphin. The Dolphin only has one bathroom but an extra sink outside of it so two sink areas and no microwave. We ended up with the Dolphin anyway because it was walking distance to both HS and Epcot. My son would not be able to use the skyliner (claustrophobic and not a fan of heights) and they don't send buses to HS and Epcot because of the skyliner so we would have had to drive. For us, one of the perks of staying on property is parking the car and not getting in it again, we always use Disney transportation. So, Dolphin it was. We figured we wouldn't need the microwave and while two bathrooms would have been nice, it wasn't a deal breaker. Someone would have to either sleep on a couch or that drop down bed in AoA anyway so that wasn't a big deal. Hoping we didn't make a mistake but the skyliner just wasn't possible for us. I wish they would offer buses as well. It's one of the reasons we don't stay at the MK resorts, he isn't a fan of the monorail and unless you go over to MK and catch a bus, it's the only way to get to Epcot. We spend the majority of our time at Epcot and HS.

... My son would not be able to use the skyliner (claustrophobic and not a fan of heights) and they don't send buses to HS and Epcot because of the skyliner so we would have had to drive....Hoping we didn't make a mistake but the skyliner just wasn't possible for us. I wish they would offer buses as well...
AoA does run buses to Epcot and HS regularly, in addition to the Skyliner.

Glad you had fun! We’ll be staying there for the first time in September in a cars suite

@Koda, did you ever experience the Skyliner being down for weather? If so, wondering how you found out. Does it show up in MDE? Glad you had a great stay; we love AoA too. The two bathroom are awesome.

We’ve only stayed in Lion King and Cars, but Cars is our favorite!! The theming is so perfect. Love AoA.
I think Ds will really like the cars outside. We just stayed at boardwalk and it was nice but not very toddler friendly. I’ve excited for the extra room in the suite too

We did not experience the skyliner being down for weather, and I'm not exactly sure what the policy is as far as closure. It did rain pretty hard with thunder while we were at Epcot, but we were not near the skyliner area to see if it was shut down.

Haley R, your DS will love the Cars area with all of the Cars characters! The Cozy Cone pool is so cute with the construction cone cabanas!

Haley R, your DS will love the Cars area with all of the Cars characters! The Cozy Cone pool is so cute with the construction cone cabanas!
He’s 15 months and loves police cars, fire trucks, garbage trucks, pretty much any vehicle lol. Was the big blue pool really busy?

How was the room quality in relation to sound? We stayed in Pop Century in 2020 and could hear every time our neighbor used the restroom.

We didn't notice any noise from our neighbors. Maybe we were lucky, or we were just so wiped out at night that we slept through anything!

The Big Blue pool was pretty busy late afternoon and evening, but there were always empty chairs. Tables were harder to find, especially ones in the shade. There is a really cute splash pad area with characters that squirt water, and a small play area with a slide that has Squirt on it!

We didn't notice any noise from our neighbors. Maybe we were lucky, or we were just so wiped out at night that we slept through anything!

The Big Blue pool was pretty busy late afternoon and evening, but there were always empty chairs. Tables were harder to find, especially ones in the shade. There is a really cute splash pad area with characters that squirt water, and a small play area with a slide that has Squirt on it!
Is the splash area fenced in?

It's right by the Big Blue pool. The whole area is fenced in. The splash area is not fenced in separately.

They are doing campfires as AoA? It's not listed as a location for smores and campfires on the disney site.

We love it as well. Unfortunately for us the last time we went was during cheer competition. We had a standard room in the Lion King section until we arrived at the front desk. POOF massive fairy dust. Got upgraded to a cars suite 2 minutes from the food but more importantly 1 minute from the Drop Off bar. Awesome room right! But we are now spoiled. Going back again because of cheer and are staying at AOA but just can't seem to settle for anything less than a family suite. Now we have to pay the real price for the room OUCH!!!!

Yes, campfires by Pride Rock. I think it was at 7:30 pm. I walked by and saw several families roasting marshmallows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter