Love the podcast but you're not David Letterman

I enjoy those parts, They are amusing at times. What I don't enjoy is the 20+ minutes of talking about nothingness that seems to happen at the beginning of every podcast. I feel like half their conversations shouldn't even be in the podcast at times and should happen before they start recording. Not trying to be negative nancy here, It just gets old when you're listening to hear about the topics that are in the title of the podcast, And you have to sit through half of it with no information just generalized conversation between multiple people. It feels like you got invited to lunch with 4 friends that you don't know and they're chit chatting about only things they relate to between themselves. I subscribe to 8+ Disney podcasts and this is the only one I get this feeling about. They do put out great information, You just have to be willing to sit through other stuff or fast forward to the parts you wanna know about.

I think it's fine if they do it once in a while or every other time. It could get old if they continue to do it every time though.

Yeah I think it is something I'd rather they skip! Be respectful of the CMs time. Dancing in the rain Mary Poppins style? Brilliant!!! But it should only involve podcasters, guests, CMs, characters or others who AGREED to it beforehand. Then it's all in fun.

Shove a camera in a CM face on a busy day to make a joke about nationality or other taboo topic? And broadcast LIVE to tens of thousand? The live thing is critical if they make an embarrassing poor choice of words. The Internet is forever!

Nope, they didn't sign up for that.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm not a fan of this kind of stuff. And since I watch live on Tuesdays, it's not a matter of skipping forward. I cringed during the entire segment this week. I know some would argue that we're just being too serious and need to loosen up...and maybe that's true. Maybe all of my years of hearing HR spiels about respect in the workplace have jaded/brainwashed me, but I don't like where things are going with these segments.

Based on the comments in chat and on this thread, I'm not alone, but may be in the minority. And that's fine...sad to me, but fine. If it appeals to the masses, I can't see them discontinuing this. I mean, they'd be giving the bulk of the audience what they want to see and they'd be doing the material/content where they see the most value or entertainment factor (for them too). Ultimately, you can't please everyone. Pete's always said that if you don't like it, don't watch...or something along those lines. So, it may just come down to that.

I know some would argue that we're just being too serious and need to loosen up...and maybe that's true. Maybe all of my years of hearing HR spiels about respect in the workplace have jaded/brainwashed me, but I don't like where things are going with these segments.

Yeah, like you said, you might be too serious. Yikes.
Respect in the work place? HR issues?
You realize they're just having him ask a silly question to a cast member, right?
They're not asking him to vandalize property or be rude to anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter