• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Love my Disney Visa

Thanks I will give them a call!
I bought 3 rooms on the Dream Maiden voyage with my DV!
Have made my final payment on all 3!?!?
I shoud not have to tell them that, but I will!

You're going to have a great time!! I'm sure they will add the coupon code for you. :thumbsup2

I have a Disney Visa. They really love ME, because I do not pay it off. ;)
It will get paid off very soon though (inheritance- paying ALL CC are the FIRST priority).

I was going to open a CHASE account to get the Disney debit card. I am trying to change my habits, pay with cash and debit. Aren't the Disney Awards the same for the debit card and the credit card? I could just use the Disney CC and pay it off each month I guess.

How did you get this offer? Just curious because an extra $200 for our trip would be so nice! I have been saving my rewards for four years and just made it over $300 for our trip this year.

It was a promotion they sent us. We applied w/ the code and then our 2nd billing cycle it showed up. We are going to be cashing it in in a few days for our Jan trip.

Since you ladies seem so knowledgeable (and I've asked several times on the boards and no one will answer me!), do you know if you can use your Disney rewards points towards a PACKAGE? We're booking a package for next August because of free dining, so everything has to be paid off in advance. Can we use our rewards points (we have $203 right now, we also put EVERYTHING on the card and pay it off completely every month) on the package?? Like, when I call to make a payment, can I use the rewards card?? TIA!!

what about the visa character meet and greet areas in the park..

are they any good???

Since you ladies seem so knowledgeable (and I've asked several times on the boards and no one will answer me!), do you know if you can use your Disney rewards points towards a PACKAGE? We're booking a package for next August because of free dining, so everything has to be paid off in advance. Can we use our rewards points (we have $203 right now, we also put EVERYTHING on the card and pay it off completely every month) on the package?? Like, when I call to make a payment, can I use the rewards card?? TIA!!

I just book my vacation for Dec 2010 yesterday on the wdw website. For payment, I was able to used multiple methods of payment. I used my entire rewards card balance for the first payment and then the remainder on my Disney Visa (0% for 6 mths). If this can be done online, I would think it should be possible to do it on the phone. Hope this helps!

I just book my vacation for Dec 2010 yesterday on the wdw website. For payment, I was able to used multiple methods of payment. I used my entire rewards card balance for the first payment and then the remainder on my Disney Visa (0% for 6 mths). If this can be done online, I would think it should be possible to do it on the phone. Hope this helps!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Finally an answer! The CS hotline is a joke-- I hate not being about to talk to a person! I really, really appreciate it!

what about the visa character meet and greet areas in the park..

are they any good???

We do the meet and greet every time we go to the parks. They have a private area in EPCOT where you have to show your CC in order to enter, you can take as many photos as you wish. They also have a CM there taking photos as well. Plus, don't forget to pick up your free photo from the camera shop. It's one free photo per day per Disney Credit Card.

The last time we went to the meet and greet, there were Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald. It was great to have the characters all to ourselves, we got some great photos.

Well its PROB. too much information but my credit score is only about 682 i just turned 20 and have >>1<< credit card the CHASE student credit card...and YES i pay it off every month- just scared to apply for the Disney credit card because i dont want them to deny me! AHHHHH!
If your parents are willing, they can co-sign your application and you can gradually build up your credit score. IF, IF. They don't have to.

We had a discussion with our mortgage company. They were not amused.
BUT, we have our car and house insurance automatically charged to our Disney Visa. We belong to the DVC and we have our dues charged to the Visa; Direct TV, newspaper. We also have registered our Visa with UPromise for dollars toward college books and tuition, and with EScrip for dollars for our church. It seems that most of the points programs are OK with double-registering, and eventually it adds up.

Looking at getting a card and was wondering if the card was worth it in other perks?

I go about every 4-5 years and I know other cards give 5% "specials" that change every month or several months.

I do plan on paying it off every month and I plan to get the wife on board on pay everything on it short of the property taxes and home loan.

I always thought my Chase debit rewards program was more, but I just figured it out and for debiting $60,000 I would only get $480 as opposed to $600 with the Disney card! I'll be using the application that came in the mail the other day (the $200 rewards bonus doesn't hurt either!)

I think the Disney Visa is the best rewards card out there. Of course that might be cause I like going to Disney World...

I have been eyeing that cash back AMEX.

I use the Dis Visa now.....but my kids are young and we purchase a lot from DTD and DStore Online.

The only reason I haven't gone to AMEX is the above......but 1.5-5%CB....that's so good since we put all groceries, gas, and drugstore on CC anyway.......well the other reason being not all places take AMEX.

I have been eyeing that cash back AMEX.

I use the Dis Visa now.....but my kids are young and we purchase a lot from DTD and DStore Online.

The only reason I haven't gone to AMEX is the above......but 1.5-5%CB....that's so good since we put all groceries, gas, and drugstore on CC anyway.......well the other reason being not all places take AMEX.

Like I have said before... the Disney Visa is a good deal if you don't have an AMEX.... but considering it is free, I can't understand why others don't have one.

The AMEX card is far more lucrative when it comes to cash back than the Disney Visa...... 5% back on groceries, gas and drug stores. The Disney Visa can't match that. 1.5% back on all other purchases. The Disney Visa can't math that on most purchases as well.

I realize that the Disney Visa is paying its 1% from the beginning and the AMEX good rates start at $6500, but still.....

Last year we pulled in over $1000 on the AMEX. Think of this.... as gas prices go up, 5% of that $3-4/gallon adds up really quick... nowhere near as quick using the Visa.

Take a look at it.... I really think you will see you will be ahead with the AMEX cash back card.

---Paul in Southern NJ
(Disclaimer: I do not work for or have any relationship with AMEXor VISA other than I have their cards.)

We just received a Disney Visa offer in the mail with a $200 Disney gift card after the first use. :yay: I'll be applying for it soon. My only question that I can't seem to find the answer to on their website is how long can you bank reward points? If we visit Disney every other year can we bank the rewards for two years or maybe even longer? Or is there an expiration time period so that you have to use them with in a certain amount of time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter