• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lots of rain this week - be prepared!

June is the rainiest month. We experienced this last year, June 5-12. It rained every day but one. While it didn't rain the entire day, there were some days it rained a few times and it was hot, humid, sunny in between the rain. There were days where it rained for a couple hours. We had our ponchos and still had a wonderful trip. The best thing we took was a rain cover for our stroller. We would also put the rain cover on when parking the stroller outside an attraction. Have a wonderful trip!

The sky is not falling. Its just summer in Orlando. Yes, there will be some rain. You don't need to start building an ark. :boat:

There will be afternoon thunderstorms but overall you will be just fine with a poncho and a smile.

Please don't look at the forecast until two to three days before. There is a possibility of a low developing over the weekend, but we hear this every other week. It did last June, but there is no guarantee it will happen this year, hang tight!!

We will be there June 4th - June 11th. This is really going to impact our vacation. There is the potential forLots of rain coming! I've got 12 rain ponchos for the 4 of us this week, hope that's enough!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/watching-the-gulf-for-first-we/13735017

There. Fixed it for you. If you look at the actual daily forecasts for the coming week (and even they are not that accurate more than 72 hours in advance), it looks like typical June weather. The potential for daily showers. The possibility of heavy rain on Thurs. Nothing to be alarmed about.

The best thing about rainy days is that everyone else stays at the hotel...a pair of crocs and a poncho and your golden!

Please don't look at the forecast until two to three days before. There is a possibility of a low developing over the weekend, but we hear this every other week. It did last June, but there is no guarantee it will happen this year, hang tight!!

Well, it's less than two days before and they are still forecasting heavy rains for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thrusday and Friday when we are there. It's more than just typical Florida weather. What can I do?

Look at the weather links below.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201391_model.html

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/The+Walt+Disney+World+Resort+FL+USFL0615:1:US

About FL weather....

I was driving home from my DD's house yesterday - from Fernandina Beach to Gainesville (about 100 miles). About 10 miles from my house I drove into some of the hardest rain I have ever had to drive through :scared1:! I mean it was pouring hard!! When I got home it was dry as a bone - not a drop of rain.

You can't predict it, so just be prepared and go with the flow!

I understand your angst. Everyone wants their vacation to be sunny even though Florida needs rain like everywhere else. I know about the typical afternoon stuff. Last year I planned for 9 months and had to believe on faith our vacation would not be ruined when a tropical storm moved in.

If you use that site, just check the hourly forecast each morning. Like for today it says 60% chance of rain, but the rain isn't really expected until 2:00 this afternoon.

It might make you feel better. Still that isn't 100%. Yesterday it predicted rain from 7pm on and it rained for about an hour of that time, then not again until really late.

Rain was also predicted for about 3 hours yesterday afternoon, but it rained for like 15 minutes at MK.

Last year we had Tropical Storm Debby, which brought days of rain with no breaks and we still had a blast. You'll be fine.

Well, it's less than two days before and they are still forecasting heavy rains for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thrusday and Friday when we are there. It's more than just typical Florida weather. What can I do?

Look at the weather links below.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201391_model.html

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/The+Walt+Disney+World+Resort+FL+USFL0615:1:US

Have a magical trip! I looks like heavy rain for one day. The rest of the forecast loks pretty normal. Do not let it ruin your trip.

The best thing about rainy days is that everyone else stays at the hotel...a pair of crocs and a poncho and your golden!

I enjoy the lighter crowds too when it rains. How do you wear crocs when its raining though? Every time I try my foot slides around so bad I can hardly keep them on. I don't wear the kind with the heel strap though, so that may be part of the problem.

My husband just spent the weekend at Comic Con and Peter Mayhew was there! I didn't realize that he was going to WDW for SWW. :)

I will try to do my best with the rain. It looks like it's going to be really bad Wednesday and Thursday. We are there until Tuesday so, we still have some good days in there.

Let's try to add some positives to this forecast...

I arrive on Thurs, the day where it looks like the worst, heaviest rain. We will arrive about noon. What park do you all reccommend is the best in the rain?

Let's try to add some positives to this forecast...

I arrive on Thurs, the day where it looks like the worst, heaviest rain. We will arrive about noon. What park do you all reccommend is the best in the rain?

Best in the rain? Probably the MK or DHS because the attractions/shops are fairly close together so you are exposed to the elements less. Epcot is probably the worst followed closely by AK - again because of the distance between shelter.

Best in the rain? Probably the MK or DHS because the attractions/shops are fairly close together so you are exposed to the elements less. Epcot is probably the worst followed closely by AK - again because of the distance between shelter.

Great! Thursday is our Epcot day. I have ADR's that I've had for months now! I don't want to cancel, or change my schedule. I am so upset!

Great! Thursday is our Epcot day. I have ADR's that I've had for months now! I don't want to cancel, or change my schedule. I am so upset!

You'll be fine! There are lots of places at Epcot to get out of the rain! As long as you have ponchos or umbrellas you're good! Just don't wear long pants that soak up the water like a wick :rolleyes:

You'll be fine! There are lots of places at Epcot to get out of the rain! As long as you have ponchos or umbrellas you're good! Just don't wear long pants that soak up the water like a wick :rolleyes:

No, there really isn't - I've been to Epcot several times and I can see why it would be the worst park in the rain.

Wednesday is our HS day and that day is going to be pretty bad too. The Backlot Tour and Tower of Terror don't even operate in the rain. So, we will miss those too.

They are expecting up to 8 inches of rain this week. That's more than the expected rain fall for all of June in Florida!!!!

This is the most expensive vacation we've ever taken and it's going to be awful!!!

I don't even want to pack, I am so discouraged!!!!!

It's just water... This will be our first trip, and DS6 is so excited - rain isn't gong to ruin it for us. Even on Thursday. ;-) Like I said, it's just water.

This isn't just normal FL rain in June. There is a huge weather system moving up from the Gulf to the northeast. Luckily, a majority of the heaviest rain will be below Orlando but they showed the Disney area still getting about 4 inches of rain in a 72 hr period. Look at it this way, at least you know it's coming and have a chance to prepare. You can do things like wear a hat to help keep your hair from getting soaked which can add a lot to the misery index.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter