Lots of Disneyland birthday magic yesterday :-)

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Folks, I had a great birthday at DL yesterday. So many wonderful things happened. I'll include only a few here since there are too many to list :-).

Tuesday, as many of you know, is an EMH morning. Accordingly, I didn't expect to be admitted into the park until around 8:45. A CM told me that I could get into any line and I'd be allowed to enter to the rope. When I got to the booth, I was told that was incorrect - I'd have to wait longer to be let in. However, I'd struck up a conversation with the woman and her kids that were behind me. When she heard this, she went to the other CM that was scanning tix and, very kindly, told her that I was with her. The CM waved me over and scanned my ticket. I got into the park at 8:15! Again, wasn't expecting to get in until much later. That was a great way to start the day!

For the first time in my life, I then rope-dropped Pirates at 9:00. I scooted over there quickly but found that there were some technical problem it wasn't yet open. But I decided to wait for a few minutes. A short time later, the chains came down and I was the first in! That's only the second time that's ever happened to me.

On a related note, the crowds weren't bad at all yesterday. At both 2:00 and 4:00, POTC was a five-minute wait. That's the first time in a while that I've done it three times in one day. Also got to ride Mr. Toad twice. At around 2:00, the wait was only six minutes.

As an aside, to those that have mentioned/asked about the Porsche, I'll pick it up in about 90 minutes. I may post pics later :-).

I broke 1M on both guns on Buzz. That's something that only happens once in about four visits.
IMG_6579.JPG

Cool treats.
IMG_6582.JPG

IMG_6584.JPG

Earlier in the day, I had the #1 score of 1,986,900. But SKN beat me later. On my last ride of the day at around 5:00, I was able to beat him and once again claim first place!

IMG_6592.JPG

All my ducks were in a row ;-).

IMG_6594.JPG

Thanks again, everyone, for the birthday wishes. I had a great time!

What a magical birthday! I love your photos. I'm just amazed that some people are able to score so high on Buzz. I don't do so well. I can never tell where my aim is hitting. Happy Birthday!

Happy belated birthday. Thanx for the pics. I always look forward to your weekly posts. Hopefully we'll get to see you in the Porsche.

Now isn't that a sharp looking dude in the Porsche! Happy Birthday, and thanks for the fun threads you always post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter