Lots of availability during the 4th of July?

jodifla

WDW lover since 1972
Looking for a kind of last-minute trip for us -- normally we plan at least 7 months out -- and I'm surprised how available rooms are in late June and early July.

I know it was like this the last couple years -- I wonder why? (Beyond the fact that it's surface-of-the-sun hot)....

I think it's the heat, The crowds of summer with kids out of school who aren't DVC have a pronounced affect on it being a slow DVC time of year.IMHO.

waiting for our DVC contract to finalize but I have been curious what is available for July 4th…. Is it just SSR and OKW?

It is definitely the heat. Last year attendance was way down in the Theme Parks due the temperatures.

It is definitely the heat. Last year attendance was way down in the Theme Parks due the temperatures.
I don't understand. It's hot every summer in Florida. Maybe it was hotter than usual last year but trips are booked months in advance there would be no way to know ahead of time. I could see an extra hot summer keeping locals away to a point, but not DVC.

Maybe it's a mix between the heat and not needing to go during the summer months due to parents being more willing to take their kids out of school when the weather isn't as oppressive? Spring break in my area was last week and yet my neighbors are taking their kids out of school for a two week long vacation in Italy later this month.

I think it's the heat as well as people not spending as much on vacations lately because of an unstable economy and inflation. I was told it was slow during spring break as well.

I have deleted posts that shared availability. We do not allow those types of posts

Maybe with the deals that Disney is running, especially the free dining offer for Visa holders some have decide to save their points and go the cash route?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter