Lost Magic Band+

Clifton Tesh

DIS Veteran
My little dude lost his magic band+ at animal kingdom last week.

Sadly, it was never found and we received the email from Disney stating that they have called off the search and rescue efforts.

It was his very first Magic Band so I'll never actually be able to replace it but I would really like to get him another one. I know that may sound weird but he's 4 and it's part of his memory (he thought it gave him Disney Magic).

I checked the Shop Disney app but the Jack Skellington Magic Band is not available.

Is there a way I can buy him a new one and have them put his name on the inside of it like the one he lost?

I‘m pretty sure the only way to get the name printed is to pre-order through Disney as part of your booking. You may be able to find an Etsy shop that sells identification decals - I don’t personally know of any, just a suggestion. You’d have to hope the MB+ you want shows up on ShopDisney or maybe search for a Disney shopper who may be able to buy one for you, but it won’t be personalized. My MB+ , as well as my college aged DS’s, fell off quite a bit. We bought the MB keepers on Amazon, but we’ve resorted to wearing our regular ones, which seem so much more secure. I’m sorry you lost a special memory for your family.

I see Jack Skellington MB+s on ebay, but they may not be the particular one you're looking for. And they're not cheap. But this is one way of getting it, although of course it won't have his name on it.

My condolences to the little dude, I remember how sad it felt to lose something at that age! You sound like a great, understanding parent, though!

Since his first MB+ can never be replaced, what if you made a new memory out of taking him to Disney’s Pin Traders in Disney Springs and letting him pick out a new one in person from the giant wall of MB’s?

My condolences to the little dude, I remember how sad it felt to lose something at that age! You sound like a great, understanding parent, though!

Since his first MB+ can never be replaced, what if you made a new memory out of taking him to Disney’s Pin Traders in Disney Springs and letting him pick out a new one in person from the giant wall of MB’s?
Unfortunately we are home now and are just a little over 600 miles from the house of mouse 😞

My dad and his wife are going back down in September though so hopefully Jack Skellington magicbands will be available again. They're going to see if they can find him one.

Unfortunately we are home now and are just a little over 600 miles from the house of mouse 😞

My dad and his wife are going back down in September though so hopefully Jack Skellington magicbands will be available again. They're going to see if they can find him one.

I see, best of luck!!

Yeah, the things kids remember. When my DGS was too young for MB, he still had to fist bump the Mickey head to be let in ride. DS would have to left him so he could unlock the door to get into villa.

Hope you find another one.

Don’t completely give up hope yet! My DH lost his MagicBand on MMRR last September. He also received the email that it was not found. It showed up in the mail when we were home - can’t remember how long after. Good luck!!

You could have them add him to their reservation and hopefully that one will be available and they could order and het his name on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter