Lost and Found sippy cups get thrown away?!

Keeping all the “crap” people lose in the park for a long time might be unreasonable, but keeping something for an hour, or a day, is certainly not. You seem strangely annoyed that the OP was disappointed that her reusable child’s cup was tossed in the garbage immediately after someone sent it to lost and found.
If I dropped my hydroflask water bottle in the park I would be pretty upset if the lost and found CM’s immediately threw it in the trash when someone turned it in. Sure I can survive. But it’s still surprising and frustrating.
also this is flu season which if you were getting the flask most likely have the germs on it if lost. our stand manger allows us to put on half wall but we are supposed to toss as found but they are tossed at closing that day as I have said. we often have 2 or more sitting there

I can understand why, for many of the reasons already noted, they don't keep used sippy cups sitting around. I think the moral of this story is to always plan for the worst when traveling with babies/toddlers and bring extra of everything. I'm pretty sure we lost countless bottles, cups, socks, etc. when our kids were small. We always traveled with backups so it wouldn't even have been a blip in the radar.

Well I think I'm going to bring those cheap take and toss cups now....and grab an extra set just in case. With 4 kids, it's so easy for us to accidentally have a kids' cup/sippy sat down and us have to go back for it a few minutes later. sigh. I am surprised that it's so quickly thrown away. I would have assumed it would be like other places where they keep it for a few hours before trashing.
No, I wouldn't hand over a lost and found sippy cup to my kiddo right away but I would have washed it as soon as we got back to our room. Sippy cups get expensive very quickly! I wouldn't have shrugged it off and would have looked for it too.

Yes, we learned of this policy when I accidentally left my son's pacifier on a restaurant table. Cups, bottles, pacis, etc., have to be thrown away because they are covered in kids' germs. They just can't hold on to that stuff, which is understandable. They told us we could get a replacement at the Baby Center, which was nice, but we were heading out for the day. Lesson learned!

I'm surprised they didn't keep it for longer. I know it's different but the library where I work we check if it's milk and then store it for at least a couple days in a cabinet. I understand Disney doesn't have unlimited space and lots of people but seems odd they couldn't have waited a couple hours. There are germs on everything especially with kids.

Well I think I'm going to bring those cheap take and toss cups now....and grab an extra set just in case. With 4 kids, it's so easy for us to accidentally have a kids' cup/sippy sat down and us have to go back for it a few minutes later. sigh. I am surprised that it's so quickly thrown away. I would have assumed it would be like other places where they keep it for a few hours before trashing.
No, I wouldn't hand over a lost and found sippy cup to my kiddo right away but I would have washed it as soon as we got back to our room. Sippy cups get expensive very quickly! I wouldn't have shrugged it off and would have looked for it too.
we bought those take and toss cups specifically for our trip in 2018, so that we if we lost one or had to throw it away it wasn't the end of the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter