Lost 2 park days to Irma, anyone have luck getting those days to use later?

HillsboroHoppers

Mouseketeer
The hotel concierge said they could not help since I had booked a package directly through Disney, but they WERE able to refund me for the desert party that was cancelled. They gave me an email to contact regarding the lost days. All I want is to be able to use the 2 days on a future trip, but repeated emails have gotten no response, other than the automated We will get back with you as soon as we can stuff....I don't want any money, I don't want them to replace my fast passes, I don't want them to give me the memory maker for those days, etc, I just want to be able to use those 2 days, which I think is not an unreasonable request. Has anyone had luck with this?

I know they were crazy busy dealing with Irma, but it's been 10 days and several e-mails, just looking for some input from folks that know more than me :)

Thanks,
Stephanie

Seems quite reasonable. If the email you are using isn't for guest services, I would suggest emailing them. Good luck!

We were there for Irma. On Friday night when they announced the parks would be closed Sunday and Monday I had my husband go to guest services. He requested mnsshp tickets in exchange for the lost days. They gave him tickets for 9/15 for our entire party and one day park hopper passes on cards for our entire party. This is different from last year where they loaded the one day park hopper on our mde. The cards are not assigned to any one guest so we can use them as we see fit as some of our party won't be returning next year.

We lost all of our "Water park & more" days that we were required to purchase to get Free Dining. I emailed the address I was given and after 10 days I received an email saying that they would be sending us 6 water park tickets. Perfect.
I am sure they are overloaded by requests, so give them a little bit of time and I'm sure they will get back with you. Good Luck!

Thanks for the input. I sent another email and included the previous emails as well. Hopefully I will hear from them soon! Thank you!

Starting to get frustrated now! STILL no reply to my repeated emails, Chat not even an option, shows all are busy and doesn't even let me join a wait queue and I am on hold with an estimated hold time of OVER 90 minutes to talk to someone... hope other's have fared better than me!

Starting to get frustrated now! STILL no reply to my repeated emails, Chat not even an option, shows all are busy and doesn't even let me join a wait queue and I am on hold with an estimated hold time of OVER 90 minutes to talk to someone... hope other's have fared better than me!

Shortly after the hurricane some people were on hold for 6 or more hours

I spent 12 plus hours on hold over two days time (and that does not include the 6 plus hours when I gave up before they answered)....I just had my last call regarding my trip plans etc with Disney yesterday. I think I've finally got everything right now. My advice is to make sure you are emailing guest services, I had better results with that. I instantly got the generic received email, took one day to get an email stating they were sending it on to higher ups in another department and I would hear back in 7 days. But it took 8 days after that for the CM to call me after it had been forwarded on to someone who could help me. Just hang in there.

What email address are you using?

Have you received an auto response to any of the emails you have sent? If you have not, then there's probably a problem with the email address.

The hotel concierge said they could not help since I had booked a package directly through Disney, but they WERE able to refund me for the desert party that was cancelled. They gave me an email to contact regarding the lost days. All I want is to be able to use the 2 days on a future trip, but repeated emails have gotten no response, other than the automated We will get back with you as soon as we can stuff....I don't want any money, I don't want them to replace my fast passes, I don't want them to give me the memory maker for those days, etc, I just want to be able to use those 2 days, which I think is not an unreasonable request. Has anyone had luck with this?

I know they were crazy busy dealing with Irma, but it's been 10 days and several e-mails, just looking for some input from folks that know more than me :)

Thanks,
Stephanie

If you keep bugging them with emails, you keep getting sent to the end of the queue. Give it a rest, let them process your (multiple) emails. IMO, you are making it worse by re-emailing them over one issue. Not sure what they will do, since you should have taken care of this while you were on property - that's what others did and got offered things to do on that vacation. Not sure why you think they should give you two days' worth of tickets? Irma was a weather related issue, and they have no control over the weather. Maybe they will give you the $20 those two days are worth.

Thanks for the input. I sent another email and included the previous emails as well. Hopefully I will hear from them soon! Thank you!

Or else they put you on 'that list'...

Yup - breathe. Give them 48-72 hours to just get the 'yup we got it' email, a week to respond with an answer. That's standard. I'm sure it is worse because of the multiple hurricanes and your multiple emails in the queue system.

If you keep bugging them with emails, you keep getting sent to the end of the queue. Give it a rest, let them process your (multiple) emails. IMO, you are making it worse by re-emailing them over one issue. Not sure what they will do, since you should have taken care of this while you were on property - that's what others did and got offered things to do on that vacation. Not sure why you think they should give you two days' worth of tickets? Irma was a weather related issue, and they have no control over the weather. Maybe they will give you the $20 those two days are worth.

Or else they put you on 'that list'...

Yup - breathe. Give them 48-72 hours to just get the 'yup we got it' email, a week to respond with an answer. That's standard. I'm sure it is worse because of the multiple hurricanes and your multiple emails in the queue system.
Fourteen days with no reply is not acceptable. OP should have at least gotten a "thanks for the email, we'll get to it shortly" reply. Either there is a problem with the email address or her email has been overlooked.

I was told I would get a refund on my hotel I never did, I did email guest services about a CM and got a reply from them in about 5 days, I might ask about my refund too.

but I agree you just need to wait. They do not need to do anything for you.

What email is everyone using? I eventually rebooked (on line) my Sept trip (8 days) to October (6 days). I lost my free dining and all my FP's and would love something to take the sting out of all that I lost.

Fourteen days with no reply is not acceptable. OP should have at least gotten a "thanks for the email, we'll get to it shortly" reply. Either there is a problem with the email address or her email has been overlooked.

She said she did get the automated response.

I sent in a request for lost days too, but I'm just going to try and let the dust settle a bit before I call back.

We were there during Irma and I went to one of the Guest Services at the parks and they gave me 2 day park hoppers for our family of 5. They gave us a 'magic code' to call and add it to MDE. I called Guest Services and was on hold for about 15 minutes and gave them the code and they added it to my trip next year! I usually call around 8 in the morning cause the wait times aren't bad at all.

We were there during Irma and I went to one of the Guest Services at the parks and they gave me 2 day park hoppers for our family of 5. They gave us a 'magic code' to call and add it to MDE. I called Guest Services and was on hold for about 15 minutes and gave them the code and they added it to my trip next year! I usually call around 8 in the morning cause the wait times aren't bad at all.
Would have been nice to get that done so quick. Lucky. I think the main issue some of us are having is that we had a bundle or discount trip set up. Mine is off a bounce back and the agent at the front desk couldn't help, so I called and they had to set up a ticket. I guess if I would have asked for the days back for us that would have been fine, but.... I'll give it another week and a half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter