losing weight on the way to Mickey!

Ive maintained for about 2 weeks now. I need to step it up.....I think I may be underestimating portion size. At least I havnt gained but frustrating just the same. I would love to increase my activity....but unless I get up around 5am I wont have time before work...and I'm so not a morning person.

Hey all! Hope you dont mind if I join this.
Im 36 and I've gained a lot of weight over the years especially with the birth of my 2nd son in July...I packed on an additional 20lbs that I just can not lose. I swear I still look several months pregnant. My mission is to get fit and feel fabulous. I want to be an active mom and be able to get out and really play with my kiddos without feeling so winded or my back hurting from lugging around all this extra weight. I'm tired of hiding from pictures, feeling uncomfortable in clothes, having no energy..etc.
We have a trip planned for November and I want to look good and feel even better. Im hoping to at least lose 40lbs but 50 would be better. :goodvibes
So... I joined WW online yesterday and plan to incorporate walks with the boys in a jogger as well as exercise. I also have a fitbit so that I can remind myself to get more active. My weigh in day is Friday so we will see what this firat week brings.
I wish us all luck in our goals!!!
I'm going in November too, when will you be there?

in the 180's today :)... 17 down 33 to go
Way to go!!! I love the new 10 mark, I always make a rule with myself not to go back up... I can stay a few days there, but don't go back up!

I'd like to join!

I started on January 3rd and I've lost 15 lbs so far.

I would like to lose 105 lbs overall...but am hoping for 50 by the end of the summer (Paris trip) and 75 lbs by the end of the year. Of course, I'll be thrilled with whatever I lose because I plan to keep it off this time.

I'm following the regular points plan from weight watchers from a few years back. I also periodically do short low carb stretches with the hubs. Sometimes I get tired of cooking him separate meals... :rotfl2:

My big goal is to run the 5K race in Disney as a family in January 2017. I'm too heavy at present to run without damaging my knees, so I am currently walking regularly and once I've lost about 50 lbs, I'll start jogging.

In January I began with 2 miles, three times a week. Thirteen weeks later, I now do three miles, five times a week. Saturdays are optional workouts but I often do 2 miles and most Sundays are rest days.

My diet has been somewhat irregular (which is why I have been stalled at 15 pounds lost for over a month) but the fitness level and flexibility has risen dramatically so far this year.

I am determined to go the distance and having a thread like this will help me stay strong when temptation comes calling.

I am a 40 year old mom of two and I'm a homemaker.

WAY to go!!! you are really doing well with exercise! when you say irregular with diet, what do you mean? try to find some great lean protein sources and lots and lots of veggies that you enjoy! the key for a long term plan is finding new ways to prepare foods that you love and learning to love the new foods, not "just eating them to get by". when I used to do WW, I always "saved" points for the stuff I really wanted :( but it worked. Lately, I've learned all new preparing and clean eating. I did the 21 day fix last year and it really helped me to start enjoying foods that are good for me. I still struggle, don't get me wrong, but when I'm doing good and have little sugars my body feels great!

I'm back ladies, sorry I was MIA for a bit, I had the two week span I was cramming to go to Disney my first trip, then I went on my trip :) I started this thread back with my 2nd trip in mind and can finally report that I got into the wine and dine! This will be my very first 1/2 EVER! I'm soooo not a runner. I actually ran a 10K last year which was my first race ever and I vowed in that not to do the 1/2, but you know I'm turning 40 soon and it's always been a goal of mine. For a few years now I've wanted to try the Disney ones so it will be extremely special, and I got in. After I got back from my trip I did the ultimate reset for detoxing and healthy eating and I'm so excited to be well on the road. Can't wait to rock this year with you all!

Can I join in! going to disney in october for my son's first birthday! Need to lose the last 15 pounds hopefully by then. Been doing t25 which I love. I am currently on gamma now only 3 weeks left of the program.

Can I join in! going to disney in october for my son's first birthday! Need to lose the last 15 pounds hopefully by then. Been doing t25 which I love. I am currently on gamma now only 3 weeks left of the program.
Welcome!!!
I love Shaun T :) :) my photo at my name is going to last years summit and I got to train with him! so much fun!!! I just know you can get 15 by October... you've got a goal!

Good Monday morning! I'm so excited to report I've lost 25.1 lbs in 3 months! Yay! It's been so hard. I still have about 50 to go to be where I want to be, but I can do it. This is the 1st time in I ever felt like I can do it. And I'm so close to being under 190...I'm 190.9. I can't wait to kiss the 90s goodbye! Hope everyone else is doing well! :mickeyjum

Ive maintained for about 2 weeks now. I need to step it up.....I think I may be underestimating portion size. At least I havnt gained but frustrating just the same. I would love to increase my activity....but unless I get up around 5am I wont have time before work...and I'm so not a morning person.

What are you doing now for activity? and I know what you mean about portions :) I was eating pretty healthy and clean about a year ago and the scale would JUST.NOT.BUDGE. And I was running on my treadmill daily. I ended up getting the 21 day fix for those portion containers and I laughed the whole week while I watched my normal foods cut in half! haha Now I eat like that daily, even became a coach. I'm thinking even if you don't have any more time to give for activity, maybe there is a way to up what you're doing without upping the time commitment? Congratulations on staying the same though, that truly is HUGE!!!!

Good Monday morning! I'm so excited to report I've lost 25.1 lbs in 3 months! Yay! It's been so hard. I still have about 50 to go to be where I want to be, but I can do it. This is the 1st time in I ever felt like I can do it. And I'm so close to being under 190...I'm 190.9. I can't wait to kiss the 90s goodbye! Hope everyone else is doing well! :mickeyjum

WOW!!!! that is awesome! Of course you can do it!!! It takes time, it takes hard work, and it takes set backs, but with determination you CAN do it!!! Way to go. When are you going to Disney?

We are going in October! I don't think I will loose it all by then but really want a lot off. I would be thrilled to have 50 off by then. If I can have more even better....I didn't put it on over night and I know it's not coming off over night. :rotfl2:If only it was that easy! Thanks for the encouraging words! We all need those!

May I join in? I'll take all the support I can get!

I will introduce myself...

I'm Shannon, 35 years old, married (for a while 2 weeks now) and we have an 8 month old daughter, Molly. We are in south Florida and I work as a speech pathologist. I've always been heavier and obviously having a baby didn't help that but within a few weeks of having her I had lost almost all of my baby weight, but somehow, I've since gained it back and then some. I'm at my heaviest and I just feel icky, plus hate my looks. So...really really trying but every day is a struggle to eat well. For exercise, I'm still getting back into it. I joined DH's gym and went a few times last week but this week, I'm struggling. Are you noticing a theme? Struggling! We are taking Molly to Disney in June for her first trip and I really want to lose weight for that trip!

Name: Shannon
Diet: 21 Day Fix (just the meal plan and it will probably change again next week lol)
Exercise: Gym (cardio) and neighborhood walks
Short term goal: to fit into my pre-baby shorts by June
Long term goal: Lose 55 lbs

Welcome Wonders10. Struggling is not a new concept here. Pop in for support whenever you need it and if you can visualize us cheering you on when you make a good food choice and rooting for you to refuse a bad food choice...it might help you struggle JUST a little less!

Well I joined a couple of weeks ago all pumped up and then promptly fell off the wagon. :rotfl:

Any upset in my routine has the potential to throw me off my game and last month was just one cruel slap in the groin after another. I'll spare you the all the details but suffice it to say it's was a highly stressful month and my go-to feel better move is to eat a lot of crap. And that is what I did. For weeks. It sucked!

I will say however...that I kept up with my exercise. This enabled me to maintain my 15 lb weight loss for nearly three weeks and then last week I finally saw a six pound gain. I was down to only a four pound gain as of this morning, so I'm hoping to take off the rest this week so I can start on new pounds next week.

My overall goal is to lose 105 lbs. That is going to take a while.

But in the shorter term...

We are planning a Paris trip at the end of August

AND

We are planning a Disney trip over the Christmas/New Year break

I would love to be down 50 pounds for Paris and 75 lbs for Disney.

And I will need all the help and support I can get!!

Hi everyone!!! Major lurker over here but had to jump in now!

Ive been trying to lose some weight for the past 7 weeks and havent really seen any progress at all. I dont have a lot of weight to lose but trying to get back to what I am used to. Switching from a mobile position to a corporate job really took its toll on me last year. I eat very well during the week but the weekends typically kill me. Ive given up alcohol mostly with a glass of wine or vodka water on the occasional night out. I make sure I get up and take a lap around the building and I make it to the gym at least 4x a week. Been doing interval runs and some type of class. I need some help/advice of anyone who has been stuck and not been able to lose! I live only about 50 minutes from Disney so I am there a lot and dont have a specific date Im trying to lose by but would like to be able to take pictures while I am there again without feeling uncomfortable!

Height: 5'5
SW: 152
CW: 153
GW: 140

Any help would be great!!! And congrats to everyone here for such awesome progress!!!

So close to my first goal. My goal is to be 210 or less before I leave for WDW on Sunday. As of this morning I am at 211.4. I hit a plateau for 2 weeks but I kicked it into high gear with my exercise this week. I have to complete my long run on Saturday - 10 miles, for my 1/2 marathon training so I am confident I can hit my goal by Sunday. I just have to keep telling myself that so I don't overeat and keep up with the intense workouts. :yay:

Finally broke my plateau.

Ht 5 10
CW 213
GW trip 5/28....200
Final GW 180

I did start measuring my portions...I think they were creeping up there....my DH can eat and not gain! Im a 40 yo mom to 3 so I can't eat like a teen anymore. I usually log in MFP as I lost about 80 pounds while in my 30s with WW and I know logging is what helps me not eat mindlessly/ emotionally

What are you doing now for activity? and I know what you mean about portions :) I was eating pretty healthy and clean about a year ago and the scale would JUST.NOT.BUDGE. And I was running on my treadmill daily

I have been walking mostly I do about 2 miles at a 16-17 min pace or I do a circuit training or pilates video....I try to do 3 days a week but my kids play ball so sometimes its twice a week. When the heat index is over a hundred in a couple of months I will have to wait until evening or keep it inside. I also have a full time job as a nurse so Im I'm not at a desk job.

We are going in October! I don't think I will loose it all by then but really want a lot off. I would be thrilled to have 50 off by then. If I can have more even better....I didn't put it on over night and I know it's not coming off over night. :rotfl2:If only it was that easy! Thanks for the encouraging words! We all need those!

You're right it's not easy, but having a goal to work towards is really helpful. you have 6 months!!!!

OK..sigh...really having a hard time..the weather has been really cold and aweful so loosing weight has been stalled. I haven't been here for a while but here I am getting back on track! I'm 59 days away from my vacation..did our FPs and online checkin....
so now my goal is 5lbs loss this month and 5 next mo. I can do this!!
I got restocked on fruits,veggies and protien...made a water goal for each day this mo and walk/steps goal set up on a calendar!
That's my update...haveva good day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter