• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lori & Eoghan's PJ/TR -5/1/09 SBP/Jiko/Morocco-TR updated 7/12 honeymoon pics added!

Hi everyone!

Lynn-YES!!!! In fact, we are checking in to AKL on the same day as you! So look out for the 2 of us, of course, we'll be wearing.....the EARS!!! tee hee...

I'm actually bummed that you will miss our wedding! I would have totally liked it if you could stalk us from outside the little gazebo area!!! :(

Ok, so I have to learn how to do that multi-quote thing...can someone help me out there please?

So, one of the things Eoghan and I needed to figure out was what other ceremony could we do besides the sand or unity candle one since neither felt like a good fit for us...I did some research and had come up with a handfasting, but all the handfasting ceremonies I could find were very pagan in nature. (I don't have a problem with that, but thought our families and Rev. Miller might)...
I came across a picture of a quaich (not sure of the spelling now actually) which is a Scottish drinking vessel and the more research I did, I found there is also an Irish Loving Cup! So I found a ceremony that made me cry when I read it, showed it to Eoghan and he liked it as well and then contacted Rev. Miller and e-mailed him the wording...he said we could do it!!!:banana:

I'm very excited because it just feels sooooo.....US!

I also like the fact that we can do something Irish since Eoghan's family will be there (well, his mom and dad and brother and two aunts and an uncle anyway) and his mom has already asked me on the phone if American Wedding traditions are the same as Irish...she used the example of old, new borrowed and blue...I told her we do that too, but I'm sure there are some specific Irish customs as well that I'm not aware of...I actually think she wanted there to be some sort of typical American thing to our wedding! :rotfl:

Anyway, here is the wording of the Irish Loving Cup ceremony that we will be doing:

Loving Cup Ceremony
Source: Irish Wedding Traditions by Shannon McMahon Lichte

Officiant/Friend:
On this your wedding day, we celebrate the Celtic spirit of the anam cara. Anam cara is translated from the Gaelic as "soul friend." By entering in a partnership with your anam cara, you are joined in an ancient and eternal way with this person whom you most cherish. In everyone`s life there is a great need for an anam cara and so I ask you to toast one another by repeating the following.

(The Bride and Groom hold the loving cup as they repeat the following)
Bride/Groom:
Today I recognize you, my anam cara
And ask that you become a part of me, in sacred kinship.
With you, I have lost all fear and have found the greatest courage.
I have learned to love and let myself be loved.
With you, I have found a rhythm of grace and gracefulness.
Love has reawakened in my life; a rebirth; a new beginning.
With you my anam cara,
I am understood,
I am home.

Officiant/Friend:
And now, please drink to the love you have shared in the past.
(The couple take turns sipping from the loving cup)

Officiant/Friend:
Drink to your love in the present, on this your wedding day.

Officiant/Friend:
And drink to your love in the future and forever more.

Officiant/Friend:
The Celts believed that the way you view your future actually shapes it. I now ask everyone here in the room to take a moment to visualize a future for the Bride and Groom. As a group lets think of the happiness in store for Lori and Eoghan. Lets put their joyous future out to the universe.

(A moment of silence is taken. The officiant then offers his own blessing)

I don't have a pic yet of the cup, I will have to post one (harder to do from work) but now I have to add something else to the "To Do" list which is buy one! I have found one I like at least, so that's a good start!

I have plenty of other pics to post still (STD's, MOH dress, placecard holders)...just haven't had a chance lately....hopefully over the weekend!

So, that's it for now, I'm just happy about finding and being able to do the Loving Cup ceremony! :banana:

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!! I just have to tell you, I LOVE the World of Disney in NYC!!! I'm actually going to NYC this weekend, and of course that's the #1 store I've got to stop at!! AND, I will be honeymooning in Disney when you get married!!! We're staying at the Beach Club!! I will definately be lurking around the boardwalk that afternoon!!

AND, I will be honeymooning in Disney when you get married!!! We're staying at the Beach Club!! I will definately be lurking around the boardwalk that afternoon!!

Yes, Angela, please stop by and feel free to lurk!!

Lynn-I will be in touch as we get closer....we'll be resort-hopping from BW, so I'm sure we'll come over sometime in the morning..I have to check our schedule for that day..

Ok, all, so instead of doing this in the normal, organized fashion, I'm soo behind I thought I'd just post some pics of stuff and take it from there....

So, first of all...again, here is my dress (yay! a bigger pic!)
18259.jpg

And just because I never posted these earlier..here are the other dresses I had liked before I tried on MY dress...again, I will have to fill in on the whole dress decision thing, but here are pics for now..
Jessica by Maggie Sottero
jessica1forweb.jpg

Some Casablanca number....
Casablanca1900front_L.jpg

And another Casablanca dress...
1858-22.jpg

Here is the MOH dress and it will be in this color....It's a Badgely Mischka Bridesmaid dress(please excuse the model's overflowing ****age...)
Alainasdress.jpg

Here is my niece in the dress, keep in mind, she's a size 0 and the sample was probably an 8 I think...I know she doesn't look too happy, but she likes the dress!!:thumbsup2 We're going to make it a little shorter as well.
alaina-in-dressforweb.jpg

Here are the shoes I ordered....
shoesforweb.jpg
I hope they are comfy because they are the only ones I have found that I like that aren't way out of my budget. They are by Grace and I ordered them from TheGlassSlipper.com. They weren't in stock and they told me it would take a couple of weeks to get them. They are suppossed to get them in next week and then will ship them to me.
Here is the Irish Loving Cup we are going to order for the service I wrote about in a previous post
irish-loving-cupforweb.jpg

And these are the flutes we like and are going to order. Originally I wanted the Mickey and Minnie, but I changed my mind. You can monogram these which I think is cool. They are Waterford which I wanted to get for Eoghan's heritage.
toasting-flutesforweb.jpg

So, that's it for now! I stil have some pics in my camera of our STD's and the placecard holders and some other things, but I need to download them from my camera which I haven't done...

Sorry, this hasn't been updated lately, I kind of suck at it I guess!! :guilty:

More soon-

Lori

So, my shoes arrived at my mom's house on Tuesday and I just got to go over there tonight...I just had to post because I'm pretty excited and wanted to share the good news.....I LOVE THEM!!!!:love:

They are so pretty in real life!! And I tried them on (only in carpeted rooms of course!!) and they feel pretty comfortable!! :thumbsup2

I think I might put one of those things in where it keeps your foot from sliding forward just in case, but my mom and I decided that they're a keeper!! I might look for a back-up shoe in case my feet are killing me by the DP, but I'm not sure what kind of luck I'm going to have..I'm not a flip-flop wearer and I'm not sure what other, more comfy shoe I would even look for. I originally saw some White Doc Martens on Zappos, but they would totally clash with my Ivory dress, so can't do those...

But at least I have one more thing (and it's an important one!) to cross off my list! YAY!!!!:cool1: :yay:

I adore the Ophelia dress, it is gorgeous. I love the BM dress too, and your shoes! The dress is a lovely colour :goodvibes

:eek: how the heck have I not seen this before?!?! Do I live under a rock??

:woohoo: everything is coming along swimmingly! I'm loving your ceremony and clothing...shoes are awesome... :idea: Yeah, I pretty much love everything!!

popcorn::

So, I was finally able to book Narcoossee's when it finally was loaded into the system. So, now the only ones I'm waiting on are-Lunch w/an Imagineer on May 8 (this is not a regular dining ressie, so you can't make it until 90 days out) and Sanaa for dinner for May 6 (hopefully can book on Feb. 23)...

Here are the rest, I was able to get pretty much everything I wanted at the times I wanted....

4/26 Dinner @ 1900 Park Fare (have only had breakfast here)
4/27 Breakfast at Cape May Buffet (a new one for us!)
4/27 Dinner @ O'hana (another new one for us)
4/28 Breakfast @ Akershus (have done this before and liked it!)
4/28 Dinner @ Artist Point w/ the future in laws and aunts and uncle (we've eaten here before and really enjoyed it). This will be the first Disney meal ever for the in-laws etc....
4/29 Lunch @Sci-Fi Dine In (this is one of my traditions, plus DF liked it so much that it was his idea to bring his family there for a meal)
4/29 Dinner @Kona Cafe (have eaten lunch here, it was yummy! This will be the first meal we share with one of my brothers and sister in laws and nieces, so this is their first real Disney meal-they have been to WDW before but have only done CS) They will be meeting future in-laws for the first time at this meal!
4/30 Breakfast @Chef Mickey-first character meal experience for everyone ever but me and DF (we've eaten here before for breakfast)
4/30 Safari Grand Gathering Celebration Dinner which will bring all 20 of us together and most will be meeting for the first time. I have a good feeling about this experience, so I hope it lives us to my expectations!
5/1 Wedding Day!! Who knows what we'll do for breakfast or lunch, but our dinner reception is in the Wine Room in Jiko and then we're having a Dessert Party in Morocco during IllumiNations...
5/2 Breakfast @Crystal Palace with EVERYONE (This will be all 20 of us and I'm expecting it to be a lot of fun-hopefully!) DF and I LOVE CP and I especially love Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Eyeore...
5/2 Dinner @ Biergarten with EVERYONE (this is another tradition for me, but I usually eat lunch here. This is considered a "good bye" dinner as some of my family is leaving the next day and won't be joining us for breakfast.
5/3 Breakfast @Tusker House. We really liked this the last trip. The food was great!!! This will be back to just us, plus the in-laws and my mom (who will be 84 by then!) and she totally loves the characters, she hasn't done this breakfast before and I think she's really going to like it!
5/3 Dinner @BOMA. We'll be resort hopping to AKL from BW this day and after my family all leaves, it will be the first meal we have with D(H)'s family after the wedding. I think they're really going to like BOMA and looking around AKL a bit more than they did the night of the wedding dinner. I expect this meal to be lots of fun with them. We've eaten here before and it's one of our faves.
5/4 Breakfast @Akershus. Again for us, but we wanted to bring D(H)'s family to a breakfast with the princesses (I think they'll get a kick out of the character interaction).
5/4 Dinner @ Marakesh. This is another tradition for me and D(H) liked it a lot on our last trip and said his dad would like the belly dancer and the music etc...this is their last night with us so I think this was a good choice.
5/5 Breakfast @1900 Park Fare. The last TS meal we'll be sharing with D(H)'s family as they're leaving today. I thought it would be nice for them to see GF as they've seen a lot of if not most of the other Deluxe resorts. Plus, I remember the food being pretty good at this breakfast and I know they'll be familiar with the characters here....hopefully this is a good choice for their last TS meal at WDW and will leave a good impression.
5/5 Dinner @ San Angel Inn. This is one of our faves. We had a very romantic dinner here our last trip for my b'day and because it's our first dinner alone for our Disneymoon, we wanted to eat here again. I know it's not the most popular restaurant, but I've never been dissappointed. (uh-oh, I hope I didn't just jinx it!)
5/6 Dinner @Sanaa. I'm very excited about trying this new restaurant!
5/7 Breakfast @O'hana. We were suppossed to do this last trip, but didn't make it. I love Stitch (and Lilo too!) so we're excited to be able to do this. This is a new one for us.
5/7 Lunch @Crystal Palace. Have only done breakfast here, but D(H) wanted to eat here just the two of us, and I couldn't work a breakfast into the schedule, so we're trying a lunch!
5/7 Dinner @Narcoossee's. Again, we were suppossed to do this last trip and didn't make it. I've never eaten here and am looking forward to it. I made the ADR hopefully to coincide with Wishes...
5/8 Breakfast @BOMA. mmmmmmmm (no other explanation needed)
5/8 Lunch w/an Imagineer at Brown Derby. (Can't wait to do this! It's one of our special Disneymoon treats to ourselves)
5/8 Dinner @Jiko. One of our faves. Also, what I think is one of the most romantic restaurants at WDW. Even though we're having our dinner reception here, we wanted to eat here another night just the 2 of us.
5/9 Breakfast @Chef Mickey. (Just because we like it)
5/9 Dinner @California Grill. Our last night of our Disneymoon before we head home. Haven't eaten here before and just had to do it this trip. Made our ADR to hopefully coincide with Wishes...
5/10 Breafast @BOMA....our last day...they'll have to pry my hands off the door of AKL.....

Well, that's it! I know it's long, but thanks for reading!! I have to update with pics of tuxes and a few other things....

Just want to also say-
I hope everyone gets the ADR's they want on their upcoming trips!!!

Much love-

I love all your plans - youy have a lovely way of telling your story :lovestruc

I love your wedding dress (and the other ones you tried on - I've looked up Casablanca bridal but there is only 2 wedding shows in U.K that sell those gowns :sad1: )

Ok, so I feel like things are beginning to wind up and there’s not that much stuff left to do/get. But this can’t be right! I made a list of stuff left to get/pay for and I know I must be forgetting something! This can’t be all, can it?:scared1:
Anyway, so here’s my list….I’m hoping you can all do me a favor and take a look and the things you think I may have forgotten, throw it out there for me…somethings I’ve done and taken off the list (like toasting flutes) while others I may have plum forgotten or worse yet, not even thought of yet!

Ok, here goes:
Footless Spanx (have the ones with feet and my feet slip too much in my shoes)
Lipstick/Stain (Patricia didn’t have the colour I wanted at my trial run, she will bring something, but she said to be safe I should bring something as well)
Nail Polish (I’m trying out one of the new OPI colours tomorrow. I wanted a Lilac/Lavender shade. If I like it, I’ll buy a bottle to bring with me for my mani down there)
Sunscreen (either the spray –on Neutrogena one mentioned here or the Eminence SPF thingy) http://www.eminenceorganics.com/products/index.php?paid=90#91
Or BOTH!
Devacurl Angell (I’m trying to get my hair as curly as possible for wedding. I don’t want the look of curling iron curls, but naturally curly). Am trying cheaper stuff, but if I have to am going to buy this. I’ve heard great things about it.
CrestWhiteStrips of some sort (we can’t afford the dentist whitening, so am going to give these a try)
More bridal type tees – I have one for MOG, MOB and 1 for DF so far and 2 for me (one bride to be one and three bride ones) I need to get my MOH a sparkly tank and obviously get DF a couple of more. I want to wear a shirt maybe everyday like Meg did, I thought the idea was great! If not everyday, then almost everyday!
Lingerie-My mom and SIL are throwing me some sort of small bridal shower this Sunday. I’m wondering if anyone will get me some sort of lingerie, otherwise, I have to find some somewhere! Any ideas?
Pay for trial run for at home reception (April 4)
Stuff for Welcome Bags (anti-bacterial gel, shout wipes, maybe Disney pens, Disney nail files, gum, Disney mints/snacks/candy, maybe Disney magnet or keychain, maybe Belle and Ariel light up thingys for my nieces-who are 19 and 24!, water bottle straps-will get these when we get to WDW I think. We already have wedding tissues, favor bookmarks, the actual bags themselves and all the info documents are printed out. I bought some cheap folders and a Mickey stencil to do with a sparkly Black pen)
Mickey Head Fan Program, Menu Cards and Invites for at home reception – ordered, deposit made.
Mead – for Irish Loving Cup ceremony
Best Man’s gift – watch by Storm
Pay to get my ring sized and diamonds added-(My mom gave me her anniversary band. It needs to be made a bit bigger and so diamond(s) need to be added. We’re going next Sunday to do this)
Get DF’s ring-He did see something he liked. We’re not too worried about this.
Get Matte Board for guests to sign – (I got this idea from Betsy. Instead of a guest book, we’ll have our guests sign a matte board which we’ll put a wedding picture in)
Nice Purpley Pen to sign Matte Board with
Get MOH’s bracelet sized-We got our MOH a bracelet for her gift, but it’s too big and we need to get it made smaller. I guess they’ll take a link out.
Figure out what I’m doing for my necklace – I’m either going to put my grandmother’s diamond pendant on a narrow ribbon or a short chain (more of a choker to go with the vintage look of the dress)
So, I either have to get ribbon or a chain-sigh..
Plastic Chinese Food Containers for DP leftovers
Personalized Napkins for DP – am about to order them in the next couple of days
Ribbons for tags for Welcome Bags and to tie up MOB, MOG and MOH shirts

It’s the little things I think that are going to kill me! Like forgetting the ribbon for the tags for the welcome bags or the nail polish or something….It’s tough that every wedding is so unique, because what some brides need is not the same as what other brides do!

But, having looked over this list, maybe there are ideas I haven’t thought of? Please help me Brainstorm!!!!!

Hi Lori just caught up with your plans... everything looks great :thumbsup2

You must be getting very excited now!

Oh and i will be getting married on your 1st anniversary!

OMG!!!! I just FINALLY figured out how to multi-quote!!! I'm an idiot. Someone told me a long time ago about the multi-quote button but I was like yeah, what now? whenever I tried to click it! :rotfl:

So, now that I know...whatch out! I'll be updating and commenting back to all of your comments! Whoo hoo!:cool1::cool1:

You are very detailed orientated!! Can't wait to read more!! popcorn::

Thanks! ummm...yeah, detail oriented is the nice way to put it...I'm kind of...obsessive. :lmao:

Hi Lori just caught up with your plans... everything looks great :thumbsup2

You must be getting very excited now!

Oh and i will be getting married on your 1st anniversary!

Thanks! I'm TOTALLY excited!! So many things have been happening and I totally have flaked out on my PJ!! I'm thinking my TR is kind of going to have to be a combo deal.

YAY for you!! I gotta tell you...the time totally flies by!! You'll see! :wizard:

Ok, thanks all for reading, I'm going to be taking pics this weekend as I pack away stuff like the placecard holders and other misc. stuff like our attendant gifts, so then I just have to download them and post them to photobucket..sheesh. I guess I'm lazy! It just takes too many darn steps!! sigh.

Ok, we leave one week from today, and the wedding is in two! Tanis just told me today the Model A is not working!!:scared1:
So, now we're using a Cadillac Touring from 1922 that was used in some Lucille Ball movie! Hopefully it will be as nice in person as the Model A looks like it would be! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Hey Lori, just a thought on the whitestrips. First of all, they really work so no worries! I would suggest though going to your dentist to see if he/she sells them. Mine does and they have some extra strength version that I don't see available in stores. Might be worth a call :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter