Loopin' my way around the 'World'... solo style - Sept 19-23

supernova

DIS Veteran
My flight leaves in exactly 15 hours. When I tell you I haven't even bothered to take out my suitcase, pack a single sock or Magic Band, or print out a boarding pass...

DSC_2193 (360x640).jpg

My annual Fall trip to WDW brings, when I'm spending one day at Wilderness Lodge, and then the next three days I'll be loopin' my way around the World!

Originally, I booked nights at Polynesian, Contemporary, and Grand Flordian, but realized that it didn't make sense to arrive on a Sunday when I could fly down on Saturday instead. So I booked one night at my DVC home resort of Wilderness Lodge.

I decided to order one magic band for each night of my stay (hey, they offered, so why not?). I have never bothered making an ADR or any FastPass reservations (it's not my style to plan out anything months in advance... I do everything on the fly). This time, I thought I'd give it a full try with the My Disney Experience, so I booked two meals and one FastPass. This will be my first time using the Dining Plan, and based on the cost, I don't expect to use it again. I don't spend $66 on two meals ever, so I'm splurging one night.

Here's my agenda so far:
Sat 9/19 - Fly into MCO, grab my rental car, drive for an early lunch at Bahama Breeze, then visit Walmart for groceries. Hopefully by then, it's nearly time to check into Wilderness Lodge. For the rest of the day, I may explore the other resorts.

Sunday 9/20 - Mickey's Halloween Party in the evening. I'll probably visit the Premium Outlets that afternoon and then hit up one of the Disney surplus stores. Back in time to check in to Bay Lake Tower. Not sure what I'll be doing that evening, but I have a water view to watch the water parade from my room.

Monday 9/21 - Universal Studios during the day. Then I check into Polynesian for a night in a Bungalo. That night, I have dinner reservations for my sit-down meal at Tratoria Al Forno on the Boardwalk. From there I'll probably spend the rest of the night walking the Boardwalk before going back and watching Wishes from my Bungalow deck.

Tuesday 9/22 - Drive over to Epcot and leave the car in the lot at 8am. Soarin', Test Track, Mission: Space, Nemo, Imagination, and then head to Magic Kingdom. I have an 11:00 ADR at Be Our Guest, which will be my table service credit from Monday's meal plan. After seeing what has a short line, I'll head to DHS for a 2pm FastPass on Midway Mania, ride Star Tours, and then walk around a bit. I'll hop a bus over to Animal Kingdom for a late afternoon Safari, ride Dinosaur, and walk the park. That night, I'm back to Epcot to explore the park at night. Get in my car while the rest of the world is fighting for a bus or monorail, and head back to Grand Floridian for the night.

Wednesday 9/23 - Drive over to Saratoga Springs resort and leave the car near the Grand Stand. From there, I'll walk the river across the entire property and enter DTD's Marketplace. Shop for a bit, lunch at Earl of Sandwich, and then relax at the pool. Not sure what else I'll be doing, but my flight isn't until 8:30 that night.

That's it. I guess I should go find a suitcase. But I have zero silly spreadsheets, charts, graphs, or color index cards. I'm a grown up... I go to WDW at least once a year, sometimes twice (like this year). I can figure out my trip without doing arts and crafts. Geez. And when I do get around to packing my Magic Band (ONE, not all four), I'm putting it into a zip lock and carrying it in my luggage. Those nice boxes they arrive in? Here they are:

SO MUCH WASTED PACKAGING!!! REALLY DISNEY??????? DSC_1948 (640x360).jpg

Need to put together a trip report at some point. It's funny because I'm loving life when I get there. When I get back, eh, the luster is gone. lol Have this same thing posted in a few threads, need to go back and regroup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter