• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looks like this winter was worse than I thought!

Colleen A.

<font color=green>Disney Planning Maniac!<br><font
Anyone from the NE corridor of this country knows what a horrible winter we had. We just found out first hand how truly cold it was. DH was out, flushing out the trailers water system. He had put antifreeze in the system right after we returned from Disney in Dec. 2002. He put foam insulation around the water pipes. Heck, he even kept the space heater on inside the trailer on the nights that it fell below zero. Anyway, he fills the water tank today to flush the system...all is fine. The second he turns the water pump on....there is water everywhere! :earseek: Underneath the camper is leaking in more spots than I could count. Even inside the camper, there is water all over the floor!!:( We got all the water inside cleaned up and opened the valves to drain the tank. Looks like we have one heck of a job ahead of us! :( This ever happen to anyone else? Any suggestions (or pixie dust!) would be greatly appreciated!

Well, I was lucky this year only one part had freeze damage.

I guess I didn't get all of the water out of the city water connection, so ie was leaking after I de-winterized.

All of the water hoses in most RV's can be purchased in bulk at Home Depot.

Pick up a bunch of connectors, hose clamps and hose and start replacing damaged hose. The stuff you get at Home Depot is actually a little easier to work with than the Rv stuff, so the job is not that bad.

God luck with your repairs

I don't know how to fix your problems, but in the line of misery loves company...

we bought an old used pop-up for Christmas. We had them set it up inside to make sure it didn't smell musty. Then that blizzard weekend, snow blew in threw a crack, melted and refroze, and now it stinks WAHHHHHH

Micki

The weather here has finally improved enough for DH to check out the leaks. He filled the tanks again and again, there was water everywhere. Upon closer check, the water was NOT coming from the pipes under the camper. :eek: All the water is coming out because the water filter system he installed a couple years ago was the culprit! That explains why there was so much water inside but not coming out of the faucets! It couldn't make it that far! :rolleyes: The tanks are again drained, all the interior flood cleaned up (thank goodness for shop vacs...geez, NEVER thought I would say that!!:p ), and now all he has to do is re-run the pipes...minus the filter! He suggested getting a new one, but I told him bottled water would do fine instead!

I just use a filter on the kitchen faucet from PUR. There also are some that will hook on the outside of your unit where your water connection is, but I found the filters to be pretty expensive. Glad to hear that it was a relatively simple problem that didn't entail redoing a lot of plumbing.

A couple of weeks ago I jumped the gun and flushed the antifreeze from our water lines. Then we got hit with a snowstorm and subfreezing temps last Monday. Fortuneately, I had time to run the antifreeze through again. Guess I'll wait until May before I flush the system again.

:(

We never flush our's out until May here. The weather is just to unpredictable. We have had weeks of -30 temps this past winter. I'm just hoping & praying there are no leaks.

We also use the PUR water filters on our faucets. One in the kitchen & one in the bathroom. We use an inline filter outside to prevent rusty water & water with sediment & such from getting into our lines. So far so good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter