• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

looks like they have made some changes to the RAT and website

Waitlists are handled a little differently now too. I think you can only see them on the dashboard. I had two waitlists match this morning, but they didn't disappear from the dashboard like they did before. Also, before my waitlist matches, I tried to book at 8am and got to the final page and got an error (page temporarily unavailable). I tried to book again on a different device, but one night was unavailable (probably because I was holding it). Then, I wanted to add a waitlist for it, but I couldn't because I already had two waitlists. Couldn't find the waitlist manager to remove one of the waitlists. I had to remove it from the dashboard.

In the end, everything worked out, but it was a bit difficult to navigate the new upgrade.

Another change that I don't like with this upgrade is the inability to see more than one calendar at a time. In the past, when checking for availability, I liked being able to have multiple availability calendars open at the same time. Now, it appears that you can only do one at a time.

I liked the RAT but I like this better. I always thought it was stupid to check the RAT and then have to be transferred over to the booking page. I can still see the whole calendar for the resort and the villa type PLUS, it knows where I own and I don't have to uncheck all the non-WDW resorts anymore. So far, so good for me.

I liked the RAT but I like this better. I always thought it was stupid to check the RAT and then have to be transferred over to the booking page. I can still see the whole calendar for the resort and the villa type PLUS, it knows where I own and I don't have to uncheck all the non-WDW resorts anymore. So far, so good for me.

I think my main issue is that the change was intended to allow you to modify your existing reservations, but it fails to do so. You can't seem to remove or add days unless the days you already have booked are otherwise available. Also, it tries to use new points for the modified reservation rather than the points currently taken up by the reservation. Seems like we will still need to call in for these changes, which I don't think was their intent. Hopefully they can get it sorted out soon. I sent an email but no idea if they'll look at it anytime soon.

ETA: A survey popped up about my experience on the website today so I submitted the issues I'm seeing. It took a few minutes but hopefully if enough of us submit the same issues they will look into fixing them asap.

Last edited:

It also would have been nice for them to add the feature of being able to see and use transferred in points for booking. I often second guess myself on obtaining transferred in points because of having to call MS. Especially for a hard to get room and it shows available after hours. I about lose my mind when that happens. :crazy2:

Just wondering how this works when you want to switch resorts at 7 months. Do you click "modify" and then does it allow to switch resorts without cancelling the first reservation? If so that would maybe eliminate the need for the two browser method.

Technical or Member Services CM?

If it was a Member Services CM conversation, please call and press for technical support when you have time. They need to know/hear the specific problem and realize it's a larger issue.

Member Services cast member. Sorry but I'm not going to push it. I'll give it time like she asked.

I don't see Vero Beach as an option to check when searching (looks like it was left off the list completely), but if you select all WDW resorts, Vero is included in the search results.

I don't see Vero Beach as an option to check when searching (looks like it was left off the list completely), but if you select all WDW resorts, Vero is included in the search results.

Vero, Hillton Head, Aulani and Grand Californian are under the list of WDW world resorts in a separate list.

Anyone else unable to see their current reservations? Or am I looking in the wrong place? It used to be listed under "My Vacations" but as of today it isn't there anymore.

Vero, Hillton Head, Aulani and Grand Californian are under the list of WDW world resorts in a separate list.
I see it now, but I swear this morning there were only 3 resorts listed under "Other Resorts". And picking "Select All Walt Disney World Resorts" would yield Vero under the results (even though it was not on the initial list), which now it is not doing. Looks like they are already fixing issues.

In regards to online purchasing of a DP option being gone, I just chatted with DVC online and the CM said that they are having issues with it and once the issues are resolved, the option will be back. I asked if it would be days or weeks and he didn't know. As usual, take this worth a grain of salt!

If i try and modify my current reservation to add another day which is available then i'm not able to. Seem as if both the date that I already have and the additional needs to be available for me to add it.

bummer :-(

I talked to MS today and they are aware of it and are working on resolving it.

According to the CM they got a mail this morning with all the known issues so she had to look at the mail to see if what I reported was a known or new issue.

I think my main issue is that the change was intended to allow you to modify your existing reservations, but it fails to do so. You can't seem to remove or add days unless the days you already have booked are otherwise available. Also, it tries to use new points for the modified reservation rather than the points currently taken up by the reservation. Seems like we will still need to call in for these changes, which I don't think was their intent. Hopefully they can get it sorted out soon. I sent an email but no idea if they'll look at it anytime soon.

ETA: A survey popped up about my experience on the website today so I submitted the issues I'm seeing. It took a few minutes but hopefully if enough of us submit the same issues they will look into fixing them asap.

Just an update on my previous post - it does look like they are actively working the issues. Now when I try to modify a reservation, it allows me to use the points from that reservation for the modified reservation instead of making me borrow points. Still can't add/remove days but I'm sure they're working on that as well.

According to the CM they got a mail this morning with all the known issues so she had to look at the mail to see if what I reported was a known or new issue.

Thank you for that information.

I just sent an email to Member Services about priority in fixing the system. Obviously there are multiple glitches. And they are working on it. Got it. But members not being able to access it should be a top one.

And added this strange issue from last week -

Out of the blue I couldn't add a second occupant to a reservation while booking. For no reason. The system thought there was incomplete information, when there was not. I had to drop the person and continue on. It happened multiple times. And I book all the time, I know what one might miss. Nothing was missing.

Last edited:
Now when I try to modify a reservation, it allows me to use the points from that reservation for the modified reservation instead of making me borrow points.

Not for me. Just tested it again and it won't use the points from the current reservation for the "modified" reservation. :drinking:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter