looks like more are opting to drive a long way!!

airhead

DIS Veteran
I'm wicked anxious to hear how all of you did driving to WDW. I'm trying to talk
my friends into it ,so I'll need all the good with the bad(I'll only tell them the good,but I need to hear the "whole deal"). I know the trip will be long,but I would most definitely stop one night. I like the idea of driving the majority of hours the first day,leaving fewer hours of travel time to get to WDW. I think I would dread the ride home more than the ride down.
Gotta really think about this one....

Airhead(...just wanna be there)

Will post when we return if we survive! We are leaving in 19 days from Cape Ann

airhead,
Just a suggestion if I may, but have you ever considered Auto-Train? This would cut drastically the amount of driving you have to do, and avoid a night spent in a roadside motel. Just from here the drive can be long.

I've used this train to reach Florida, but coming from Tennessee it's only of somewhat marginal help. If you're interested, I can asnwer any questions you might have.

Again, just a suggestion. :)

Since my DW refuses to fly after 9/11, we will start driving again to WDW. The biggest problem for us is keeping DD occupied for the 18 plus hours it is to get down there. I do not mind driving that much, but when I get tired we must stop because DW will not drive. Nice thing about driving is that you have more control over your situation.

we've always driven (all 3 times) as DW won't fly--even before 9/11. our trip is longer than yours will be, but we have no problem. the biggest concern is what kind of vehicle do you have? the 1st trip was a small car, and i wouldn't do that again, but the last 2 trips were in a conversion van, plenty of room to stretch out. and we've done it in 2 stops and 1 stop. i would do it again in 1 stop, but DW shares driving so that helps. and kids--how many? they will need entertainment. the van has a tv, but you'd be surprised that isn't the most used item, personal stereos seem best. a long drive can wear on kids nerves, and time "alone" is a good idea. my family and i wouldn't hesitate about drining again! good luck!!:cool:

Phred---I'll be driving an Outback and they're will be two adults,no kids. I'll be doing the driving(I need the control...).

Airhead

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter