• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking to share campsite

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinghorse

Mouseketeer
1 adult and 1 child would like to share site and cost with someone. We only want to use BBQ once and all the facilities but will not be sleeping there, live close enough to drive. Non smoking families with no pets only. Thanks

I have to say, this is one of the most interesting posts I've seen here! Unfortunately, we only travel with our pups, but hope you get some good bites.

:santa:

Like everyone we have a budget but the main reason is I would not be comfortable sleeping in a tent with sie and would need to use restroom during the night and would not want to wake and bring child with me each time and we can't afford the cabins. Would like to do everything that you can while staying there just not sleeping in the tent. Perhaps there are other prents with same requests and don't mind using the site for tent or even full hookup, we would only use it to BBQ dinner if that. The cabins would be perfect but just not in the budget.

Just rent a tent site for a day. Play all day Bar-B-Q and go home.:confused3

$70 plus dollars for a day it to expensive for us and it doesn't make sense for just 1 day, we would like at least two days.

When do you want to go? I think in the off seasons a partial hook up may be cheaper then $70.00 a night. I hope you find some one to share with you. Have you thought about just doing the back yard barbeque? Have you ever camped before?

I would like to bring bike and use pools. We have been many times but only stayed over once in cabins when someone was about to lose their DVC points and practically gave it to us. Going for the day does not give use of the pool or ability to bring bike. Used to do alot of horse camping many years and pounds ago. Would rather not wait till Sept for off season. To pay full price and checkin at 4 pm and out at 10 am doesn't leave much time since we can't leave car with bike at site. Just posted this ad since you never know maybe there is another family out there on a budget also.

I know you said you don't want to wait until fall, when is it you were planning to go? I think this is an interesting idea. Just a thought though, you would really have to find someone without a package because everyone on the site has to be under the same package, i.e. dining, etc. As long as they didn't have a package like that, I guess you could register on the site and get KTTW cards. popcorn::

1 adult and 1 child would like to share site and cost with someone. We only want to use BBQ once and all the facilities but will not be sleeping there, live close enough to drive. Non smoking families with no pets only. Thanks

Just can't agree with the proposed plan.

One of the things we like about FW is the atmosphere that exists compared to the other Resorts. If this idea was taken to the extreme, I can see the population in FW increasing to a point where the uniqueness of FW disappears. It might just become a convenient, cheap place for sub-letting a campsite and creating problems that could ultimately increase the costs to the actual Guest(s).

I can see the population in FW increasing to a point where the uniqueness of FW disappears. It might just become a convenient, cheap place for sub-letting a campsite and creating problems that could ultimately increase the costs to the actual Guest(s).

I don't think this is going to cause problems for anyone. It is no different than renting the campsite for a night or two. It just means all the people at the campsite won't be sleeping there at night. My family of six increases the population just as much.

It is a novel idea if you're on a tight budget and don't want to sleep on the ground.

I don't think this is going to cause problems for anyone. It is no different than renting the campsite for a night or two. It just means all the people at the campsite won't be sleeping there at night. My family of six increases the population just as much.

It is a novel idea if you're on a tight budget and don't want to sleep on the ground.

So then FW becomes just another day at the beach type of place when word gets out. I don't think Disney would be in favor of the plan.

The idea the way I read it is to piggyback on a camper's reservation adding additional people to the site and facilities, not to make a reservation and then only be there during the day then go home to sleep.

Interesting concept, however I think the legalities behind this would be too risky. This has nothing to do with you personally, but if someone is registered to my site, it seems I would have little legal recourse if something went wrong. Let's say after this person left, I realized some things where missing, what could I do. I could see it now "Your Brother-in-Law stole your $250 grill? He was registered to your site right? What would you like us to do about it???? ":sad2:

Also, I bet if you read the camping contract, I bet is says something about "NO subleasing" or something to that effect.

Besides not sleeping on the ground, there is the issue of nightly bathroom trips and having to wake a child a couple times a night or leave alone in a tent which I would never do. You can see that that absurb comment was made by cast member. I am not looking to join a family of six but hopefully find another single parent with one child to share, how is this different then sharing a hotel room, how many campsites do you see with more then 1 tent and lots of kids, I am talking about splitting costs with another family. The Disney cast member should worry more about the unfriendliness of many cast members who make meals unenjoyable in restaurants or other areas of the parks. Lets see would you rather have a family of 2 on one campsite with no extra budget to eat at a Disney resturant or go to the parks or purchase things, pony rides or would you wather have 4 people on one campsite doing all that. Still don't understand Disney laying off so many people why they don't keep the brightest and friendlinest in positions that deal with the public instead of cast members that are the opposite. Also in this economy most people find sharing costs make vacations affordable. I double everyone would start doing this since this would be a unique sitaution but if they did it would only mean Disney would have more campsites rented.

I didn't know people brought $250 dollar grilles, thought Disney had them at Campsite. Obvioulsy you would have license plate of vehicle. This is not piggybacking a reservation, this is other people who want to camp and sharing the site who didn't know each other before. It would be the same as if I had a friend who wanted to go camping and we went and each had our own tent and split the costs, I unfortuanely don't know anyone who would want to do this, they rather stay in a hotel. Also Disney puts a limit on how many people are on each campsite as they do in hotels. This whole ad was to meet an new friend with a child who was in the same situation. I am sure there are many extended families out there who share campsites already. Why should Disney care if I sleep there or go home at night and come back. I would love to sleep there and if I owner a motor home with a private bathroom I would, or if I had a significant other in the same tent I would but I am not about to wake my child a few times a night to go to a bathroom or leave alone, sleep on an air mattress where I will not be able to get up with cramping issues. The only thing that ruins Disney for people is cast members with poor attitudes.

Another good reason I am not staying the night, but since I would really not have anything to do with the other family and Disney has everyones information on file, it would be safe, as well I would speak with the person in advance and have to feel comfortable. Other then to park a car and ride a bike around, cook a meal in daylight I don't see a problem especially since I am looking for another mom with child. I would be more worried to sleep alone in a tent all night. If you can't afford something there is always a way to make things work and come up with ideas. I offer to share tables in restaurants if someone has no where to sit, this isn't different then that. I thought I would find someone that liked camping easily here but I think I will just look at my local moms group for someone.

It sounds that you live locally as you are planning on going home at night. There are many things you can do by just visiting the Fort for the day.

Don't get annoyed with us because we don't agree with your idea. :confused3 We all plan and save and go when we can afford it. I haven't been to the Fort since August 08 and won't be back until October 10. That's when it fits the budget and the time constraints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter