• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking to Lose Ladies

PO3 I feel your fear - I'm 45 in a week and a bit:scared1:

Good Job in kicking the diabetes to the curb, Caroline! :worship: Hope you DO get off the meds!

I'm thinking I should blog rather than write all these long winded posts.

My biggest fear with "dieting" was starvation! Therefore, when it became obvious I had to change my eating way completely, my plan was to maximize food intake within the allowable carb / calorie limit.

Psychological, maybe, but it really does help to think - today I CHOOSE to have x instead of Y, rather than "I can't have Y".

A little to do list? Baby steps, ok? ONE thing at a time.

Get a pretty notebook, and write down everything you eat. EVERYTHING. It won't be forever. You can do it for three months and see if it helps. You may choose to do it for longer. (that would be me) A friend gave me a great red leather journal book a few years ago and i'd been 'saving it' for something important. Like the rest of my life, maybe? I'm using it.

Order this book http://www.amazon.com/CalorieKing-Calorie-Carbohydrate-Counter-2010/dp/1930448279/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265820177&sr=8-1 Keep it handy. BEFORE you eat something, look it up. Scare you? Eat something else.

Add a serving of low carb veggies to your lunch and dinner. That would be salad, greens, summer squash, zuccini, peppers, broccoli. It would NOT be corn, potatos, winter squash, beets, parsnips, dried beans, baked beans. What's a serving? About half a cup.

Together, we CAN do this.

Buffy, dear, if you had the space, you could start receiving them now! Oh, and BTW, my executor needs a better address for you than BAMB Blink, Blink and you miss it, CT. :rotfl:

What??? He can't find me that way?? LOL

It is not easy to put ourselves first. I don't care how many times L'orel says "you are worth it", we are conditioned from a very young age to believe that the woman is the care taker, the glue, the doormat. And we are the enlightened society. :confused3

Amen Sistah! all of that is sooo true. And when we do think of our selves first, Mom guilt comes by to give you a swift kick in the pants.

PO3 I feel your fear - I'm 45 in a week and a bit:scared1:

I'm 42 this August. :cloud9:

Damn, all of y'all are old!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Just kidding, I'm not to far behind you!!

Buffy put down the food and walk away from the kitchen, go play with the princess.... or scrap... or laundry.

laundry is in the wash, I could scrap but I need to clean my space first.

I want a nap but can't leave the monsters unattended.

I just need to stay busy here. I'm skyping DH, typing here and emailing Lisa. LOL

shovel ? then your out of site out of mind. keeping busy is the key for sure I staeted cooking supper and immediatly wanted a snack. that will have to change.

shovel ? then your out of site out of mind. keeping busy is the key for sure I staeted cooking supper and immediatly wanted a snack. that will have to change.

Have a sour pickle, olives, almonds, celery, a big glass of water.

PS. You girls who are 39, 42, 45 . . . WHAT are you wynging about? You're still mere BABES! Think of my pool mates who are in their 70's, 80's and 90's. You're barely half way there!! (Besides, there are advantages to getting older. Old babes tend to not give a rat's a$$ what other people think. We don't have the curse any more. We've pretty much left the 'acquisition' phase behind. . . our kids are beginning to demonstrate that we actually did do a pretty good job raising them. . .)

Buffy, go drink a big glass of water and take the princess for a walk in the snow!
uh, no. I hate snow. I mean loathe with a passion!!!

Not enough snow to shovel yet.

I did put the fun dip back!!! DS9 bought them for the V'day party but we had leftovers. I took it out, it sat here for about 10 minutes and I put it back in the bag! I'm nursing my unsweetened iced tea instead.

One of the girls on the WISH boards pays herself a dollar for every pound she loses so that's my new motivation. I can rack up some dough for CKC and SDV.

I keep walking past the bag of sour dough pretzels. They are calling my name.

My butt hurts. I should have stayed at 10 minutes a little bit longer. I think I will go back to that tomorrow until this stretches itself free.

I like the $1 a pound. Unfortunately $13 won't even get me a DCWV stack. :lmao: I think what I will do is pay myself $5 every week I lose some weight and then keep it off. I have to give back $5 every time I gain. This will give me long term incentive.

Buffy, have you made a card for the layout challenge? Princess can help.

My butt hurts. I should have stayed at 10 minutes a little bit longer. I think I will go back to that tomorrow until this stretches itself free.

I like the $1 a pound. Unfortunately $13 won't even get me a DCWV stack. :lmao: I think what I will do is pay myself $5 every week I lose some weight and then keep it off. I have to give back $5 every time I gain. This will give me long term incentive.

I need to do the cards. I think I'll kit cards for our Spring craft day at school.

Oops I was wrong, we can get rich quicker with the right plan!! :

I have rewards for both mini goals and larger ones. Every time I exercise I put $1 in a jar. Every time I go to my WW meeting I put $1 in my jar and every time I lose 1lb I put $5 in my jar. I am going to use the money for spending on my upcoming trip to Sanibel Island in FL. SO far I have over $50!!!

Well- with the church feeding the family eating fully healthy this week is hard but I did walk about 2 miles with my brother and SIL after lunch today and I had more salad than anything else- my salad is all vegies and no dressing (spinach, peppers, cucs, tomatoes, mushrooms, snap peas).

Rebecca

I did my walk tonight--mostly because I couldn't stand to come here and say I didn't. . .I mean, since I wrote in in caps and all! ;)

By the time I got home, I was so ready to NOT exercise today...

Anyway, tomorrow is supposed to be sunny so maybe I can get motivated...

By the time I got home, I was so ready to NOT exercise today...

Anyway, tomorrow is supposed to be sunny so maybe I can get motivated...

I'm with you there--I need SUNSHINE!!! Hoping you get some sunshine tomorrow! It's definitely a motivator!

The 180/600 in your siggy SIOH, is that minutes of exercise?

Good for you for getting some in today when you didn't feel like it. :hug:

OUCH! I didn't think pretzels were 'that bad' but a Newman's own 1.1 oc sour dough pretzel is 90 calories and 19 carbs!

Tomorrow, can you do a different exercise, rather than the one that made your butt hurt?

Wow! BUffy - I like that idea - I could make some money that way. . . 4 days a week exercise, hmm. well that's only 4 bucks . . . Did I remember to say I went to the gym on the way to the doc - worked HARD for half an hour - abs fore and aft and 1000 steps on the cross trainer. Oh, one of my other goals is to be able work hard enough to break a sweat. Sounds crazy, I know. The lungs give out before I get to that point.

PS. This is handy http://www.calorieking.com/foods/

Linda has mentioned good snacks to reach for; sour pickle, olives, almonds, celery with a class of water. So my question is, what are your healthy snacks? I like baby carrots, green beans, and almonds. I find the fresh green beans really fill me up, curbs hunger pains, and the crunch is an added benefit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter