Looking for tips on bringing a child in a cast to WDW.....

LvsTnk

Home is AKV&BLT
My DD just broke her arm and she will be in a cast for our trip. I was looking for anyone who might have experience with this and can offer advice. Thanks!

So sorry to hear she broke her arm. My 4YO DD just got her cast off last Wednesday. We weren't at WDW with her at that time, but I read this on another board - maybe you can have the characters sign her cast. Just be sure to bring one of those permanent "Sharpie" type markers. They work pretty well on the cast.

Also, don't forget that plastic bag for baths/showers.

Have a great time!

°o°°o°°o°°o°°o°
<span style='font-size:8.0pt;
font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#666699'>’79 Poly, ’80 Cont, ’81 Disney Inn, ’82 Poly, ’83 Fairway Villas, ’84/’85 Off-site condo, ’87 Days Inn<o:p></o:p></span>
<span style='font-size:8.0pt;
font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#339966'>April ’91 Cont(Honeymoon), Oct ’95 ASM, Oct ’98 AS<o:p></o:p></span>
<span style='font-size:8.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:red'>Next trip: Nov ’01 Cont</p>

There was a thread on this subject not too long ago. You could probably finde it by doing a search. I would try this board and the theme parks one because I think it was on one of those.
The hints I remember giving were:
A cast gets really heavy walking around all day. If she was given a sling to use, remember to bring it and use it.
Bring something along for pain relief. Her arm might not hurt now, but she is probably not walking around all day with it unsupported.
It might get itchy, but don't stick anything down or into the cast. A good hint is to blow into the cast with a hair dryer set on cool.
If the padding on the inside of the cast gets wet, it will take forever to dry out. So don't get the cast wet. ¢

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

Thank You! This had gotten moved to the CB by mistake and someone posted the links to those threads. Some darn good info has been posted on this topic already. She got casted today and her cast is waterproof so we got lucky. I did like the blowdryer tips though. Thanks Again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter