Looking for song suggestions (again lol!)....

Minnie_me

DIS Veteran
I've always gotten such great suggestions when I post here. So, I'm asking for help again.

My DD is an 18-year old Musical Theatre major in college. She has been asked to sing at a Pride (LGBQT) event this summer. She'll be outside, and the crowd will be big and enthusiastic! She hasn't been given much direction, except that her song should be "upbeat" and a "crowd pleaser". She's mostly performed show tunes in the past, but she's pretty versatile, and could do any pop songs. She's technically a soprano, but more of a mezzo, and definitely a belter.

So, we're looking for help --- what upbeat, crowd pleasing song would you recommend for a Pride event?

TIA!!

"This is Me" maybe?

It's a show tune. It's upbeat. It has a positive message. She can belt it out.

I'm old and like the oldies so this may not be what you're looking for.

"Higher and Higher"-Jackie Wilson

"Sweet Nuthin's"-Brenda Lee

Last edited:

True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
Born This Way - Lady Gaga
Brave - Sara Bareilles
Greatest Love Of All - Whitney Houston

Wow, you guys are great! I forwarded all of your suggestions to her, and she's thrilled to have so many options!! She also thought of "I'd Rather be Me" from Mean Girls. She's going to give the guy a few options and let him pick.

My Way - Frank Sinatra

I've Gotta Be Me - Sammy Davis, Jr.

I'm Still Standing - Elton John
Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me - Elton John

You've Got A Friend - Carole King

Beautiful - Christina Aguilera

Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
Somebody To Love - Queen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter