• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for something special- last trip for awhile

msdroz

DIS Veteran
Hi there! Heading to Disney for what may be our last trip for quite awhile. Looking for something memorable and special to celebrate one evening of our trip. Can anyone make any recommendations?

At first glance I’m thinking a dessert party or a fireworks cruise. We really enjoy being at the parks so as much as we love Contemprary Grill I think I want to do something that celebrate the parks, my fave is Magic Kingdom. Any advice? Thank you!!!!

Ps it will just be me, my husband and 11 year old son.

Last edited:
Are kids involved? Not just for kids but the Pirates and Pals cruise is supposed to be fun. Although if you want to be in MK I would probably opt for an early dinner at California Grill followed by a walk to the MK and attend the HEA dessert party. (Even though Cal Grill has a nice view of fireworks, it's not the same as being in the park as you probably know). Go on a few rides afterwards if park is open late enough.

The HEA Dessert Party at MK is wonderful. Go for the Plaza Garden viewing unless being able to sit throughout is a must for you.

Hi there! Heading to Disney for what may be our last trip for quite awhile. Looking for something memorable and special to celebrate one evening of our trip. Can anyone make any recommendations?

At first glance I’m thinking a dessert party or a fireworks cruise. We really enjoy being at the parks so as much as we love Contemprary Grill I think I want to do something that celebrate the parks, my fave is Magic Kingdom. Any advice? Thank you!!!!

Ps it will just be me, my husband and 11 year old son.
Have you done the Fantasmic dinner and show package where you eat in one of the restaurants in the DHS and then go over to watch Fantasmic? I haven't, but it is on my list to do on my next trip. I believe they also have a dessert party option as well.

Have you done the Fantasmic dinner and show package where you eat in one of the restaurants in the DHS and then go over to watch Fantasmic? I haven't, but it is on my list to do on my next trip. I believe they also have a dessert party option as well.
Last December we did the Fantasmic dessert package. Each of us got a box with mini-gourmet desserts (cheesecake cup, cupcake, chocolate-covered strawberry, a few more) and a drink(alcoholic or non-alcoholic depending on age and preference) in a souvenir plastic light-up/flashing mug, plus seating in the center section of the amphitheater. I think it was $39, and I thought it was one of the better values if you're looking for a dessert party.

I will suggest the Frozen Ever After dessert party if you like Illuminations. We have done all the dessert parties and this is by far my favorite - great selection of food and drink and an amazing reserved / seated view of Illuminations followed by an after closing ride on the Frozen Ride.

We have also done the HEA party but it came in 2nd to the above mostly due to the rushed desserts and then having to move to another area to view. There were also lots of people standing in the front of the reserved section so those of us arriving a bit later didn't really have a good view. I feel like if you have to rush through dessert to get a decent seat it lessens the value.

We also love the Fantasmic Dessert party mentioned above - great alternative to having a full dinner and lots of fun.

Of the three above we have FEA and Fantasmic booked again for our next trip :)

Definitely an MK tour! Or, Dining With an Imagineer.

We got to do both of these on the last trip of our AP year and felt they were both great capstones.

Definitely HEA garden view. We will be doing this every trip from now on. It’s wonderful to not have to stress to find the perfect spot to view the show. It was the highlight of our trip.

No real nighttime events...maybe try to time riding Astro Orbiter or Peoplemover with fireworks?

Favorite tour so far is the Wild Africa Trek (kid can do). Riding Sea Raycers around is a lot of fun. We rent at Contemporary, and like to take pictures each trip in the clear/silver ears behind the Contemporary.

Maybe schedule a haircut at the barbershop (they do a great job with boy cuts).

My big splurge/new adventure next trip is the Sunday brunch at Cali Grill. Less for an 11yo, but great for mom/dad!

Kitchen sink at Beach Club (ride Minnie Van there).

Pre-opening breakfast at the Castle. Fun to walk around with vacant streets and I love the menu. Boys tolerated pictures with princesses...was awkward fun!

I have 8 and 12yo boys...so these were all kid approved activities!

Good luck and have fun!

When my boys were the age of the OP's son, we did the Aqua Seas tour in Epcot. It is still one of our favorite memories.

We did other tours with them when they were younger, but Aqua Seas was their favorite.

I enjoyed the HEA dessert party so, so much. We did the option of staying up in Tomorrowland terrace and while our view of the projections weren’t phenomenal, I felt so relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed the show while sitting in a chair eating chocolate covered strawberries and drinking sparkling cider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter