Looking for some help with flights to Hawaii

Marv_barr

Mouseketeer
We are currently looking at going to Aulani in Apr of 2024. We are located near Windsor Ontario and I was wondering if anyone has any insight from flying out of Detroit or if would it be a better option to fly out of Toronto. This would be our first time going to Hawaii and I'm not sure if there are direct flights or if we should consider a lay over? Any other advise to helping with the planning would be greatly appreciated .

TIA

Ive flown 3 times to hawaii from ottawa,with united everytime.we had a connection in washington or chicago and would be in hawaii in less than half the time if we flew with ac or westjet.From what I remember it would be close to 30 hours,including the layovers' from initial departure to landing on oahu'flying AC,14-15 with United.With the time change on top of it,takes a few days to recover.I'd recommend an american airline in this instance

Last edited:
Only info i can give is we went in July last year. Flew AC from YYZ. Stop in Van...so approx 5 hours each leg...was ok...there were some direct flights..about smae amount of time in air from T O....The AC flight was nice as we landed late night in Ohau so next to no one for rental cars..and had a great sleep and started vaca on island time. 1st day or 2 still up early..but was good to hit some of the sites early.

We have flown to Hawaii twice. Once from Toronto connecting in Vancouver with Westjet. It was a long layover in Vancouver on way back and overnight flight. Last summer we considered flying from Detroit because it was less expensive but the connections were crazy. We flew with Air Canada to Los Angeles and spent 4 nights there and had a blast. We then flew Hawaiian Airlines to Hawaii Island and Hawaiian Airlines back to Los Angeles and then the next day to Toronto with Air Canada. The 4 nights in L.A. really helped us with the time adjustment and it wasn't as hard when we were in the Big Island. We had a fantastic time in LA. We had originally booked the LA to Big Island with Alaska Air but then after we booked then changed it from non-stop to connections, Hawaiian Airlines is a fabulous airline to fly with. We really had to play around with flights and different airlines to see which would work best with our budget. Alaska Air and Hawaiian Airlines were very reasonably priced, and they fly to a number of cities on the west coast and Vegas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter