Looking for some guidance - Friends group trip!

MichiGO

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I've been lurking the DIS for a while but this is my first time posting, hope I don't make any mistakes.

My SIL and I are planning a bit of a surprise trip for my brother at the end of january to visit Galaxy's Edge and I'm looking for some guidance on where to stay. We're a group of 5 friends that travel together often and don't mind sharing space for a few days (It's a weekend trip for 3 nights) so originally we settled on booking a cabin at Fort Wilderness but seeing as we plan on spending a lot of time at Epcot and HS I'm not too keen on potentially being too far out.

Any have any better recommendations? Our budget is right around the Moderate level but If we can go lower we'd prefer that lol.

Any help would be appreciated! :-)

I think a lot depends on your budget. There are no values other than the value suites that would accommodate 5 people, and I do not think they are priced in line with values. I think that CBR will sleep 5 but that is going to be wicked tight with 5 adults. POR is considered an Epcot resort, I believe and will sleep 5 as well, but again, that 5 surface is not really a full size.

Personally, I would book two value rooms. My family travels together and we also share space, however we could never manage to fit into a moderate room, and have stopped trying to fit 5 into a deluxe since my DGD turned 14.

Hello!

I've been lurking the DIS for a while but this is my first time posting, hope I don't make any mistakes.

My SIL and I are planning a bit of a surprise trip for my brother at the end of january to visit Galaxy's Edge and I'm looking for some guidance on where to stay. We're a group of 5 friends that travel together often and don't mind sharing space for a few days (It's a weekend trip for 3 nights) so originally we settled on booking a cabin at Fort Wilderness but seeing as we plan on spending a lot of time at Epcot and HS I'm not too keen on potentially being too far out.

Any have any better recommendations? Our budget is right around the Moderate level but If we can go lower we'd prefer that lol.

Any help would be appreciated! :-)
2 rooms at POP or a suite at AoA for the Skyliner access. Or one room at CBR for the same reason.

ETA: POP and AoA would mean that you would have 2 bathrooms for 5 people. CBR would only have one. The AoA suite would have the added bonus of a kitchenette.

I think a lot depends on your budget. There are no values other than the value suites that would accommodate 5 people, and I do not think they are priced in line with values. I think that CBR will sleep 5 but that is going to be wicked tight with 5 adults. POR is considered an Epcot resort, I believe and will sleep 5 as well, but again, that 5 surface is not really a full size.

Personally, I would book two value rooms. My family travels together and we also share space, however we could never manage to fit into a moderate room, and have stopped trying to fit 5 into a deluxe since my DGD turned 14.
2 rooms at POP or a suite at AoA for the Skyliner access. Or one room at CBR for the same reason.

ETA: POP and AoA would mean that you would have 2 bathrooms for 5 people. CBR would only have one. The AoA suite would have the added bonus of a kitchenette.

I shopped around AoA for the group and they're all rather iffy on the theming in the suites, it can be a bit loud. 😂

I don't know much about Caribbean Beach but I would love to have access to the skyliner! I'll see how everyone feels about splitting between two rooms at POP, do the rooms at Caribbean Beach fit 5?

I shopped around AoA for the group and they're all rather iffy on the theming in the suites, it can be a bit loud. 😂

I don't know much about Caribbean Beach but I would love to have access to the skyliner! I'll see how everyone feels about splitting between two rooms at POP, do the rooms at Caribbean Beach fit 5?

Yes, Caribbean Beach has rooms that sleep 5 - you would need to specifically book a "5th sleeper" room. Just know, the pull-down bed is described as "child-size" and is quite small. I would definitely consider two rooms at Pop - you will get 4 queen size beds, two bathrooms and access to the Skyliner.

Yes, Caribbean Beach has rooms that sleep 5 - you would need to specifically book a "5th sleeper" room. Just know, the pull-down bed is described as "child-size" and is quite small. I would definitely consider two rooms at Pop - you will get 4 queen size beds, two bathrooms and access to the Skyliner.
I agree.

I agree with this. The 5th bed at CBR was small for my petite 10 year old... While you will 'fit' as an adult having one side against a wall is confining, unless you have an adult sleeper who doesn't move at all. Also, having 2 bathrooms would do it for me.

The last time I went to Disney we rented a 4 bedroom house 3 bath house with a pool for 100 a night, we each had our own room and enough bathrooms, it was worth it to rent a car and go to parks when we wanted, we ate out most nights but had breakfast in the house, I travel every year with friends, we all Need our own space.

Thanks for your responses everyone!

After doing a bit more research I found a pretty good deal for Pop Century in 2020 with a travel agent! We knocked around the idea of renting off property to save money but since none of us have really done the 'Disney Bubble' before we'd like to experience it at least once.

Thanks again for your help. :D

I think Pop is a great way to go. We stayed there last fall and enjoyed it. Have a fun trip!

I would book two value rooms, and avoid the 3 extra adult charges, and have 2 bathrooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter