Looking for resort suggestions!

Jamiecruiser

Earning My Ears
Good morning! We are ready to head back to WDW after a few year absence. We usually stay at the Polynesian but since they are currently closed we were looking for suggestions for a similar laid back atmosphere resort. We are a family of 4 and We have a 15 year old and a 10 year old. Any suggestions!? Thanks!!

Good morning! We are ready to head back to WDW after a few year absence. We usually stay at the Polynesian but since they are currently closed we were looking for suggestions for a similar laid back atmosphere resort. We are a family of 4 and We have a 15 year old and a 10 year old. Any suggestions!? Thanks!!
If you want laid back, AKV and OKW fit the bill. However, both are DVC resorts and the sleeping situation in studios may not be ideal for your family.

FW Cabins might also work well for a relaxing vacation. But if rustic isn't your style, you probably won't enjoy it.

Are you open to staying at Moderate Resorts? Gran Destino tower at CSR is also an option.

I always recommend looking up YouTube videos of the resorts. There are plenty out there showing the grounds and rooms. That way you can get a good overall feel for each resort you are considering, and narrow it down from there.

Do you go to the parks every day ? What parks will you go to more often ? Will you have a car ? Will you have park hoppers ?

Sorry for all the questions, but really can't give you a good answer without more information.

Poly DVC side is open. I really enjoyed my stay in a studio there a couple of weeks ago.

Do you go to the parks every day ? What parks will you go to more often ? Will you have a car ? Will you have park hoppers ?

Sorry for all the questions, but really can't give you a good answer without more information.
Yes parks daily. Are they allowing hoppers again yet? If they are we would get that.
Magic kingdom would be the one we go to the most. No car
Thanks!

If we are not DVC members, we are not allowed to stay there right?

I'm not DVC. Anyone can reserve an available DVC studio or villa on a cash basis. The travel agency I use doesn't even refer to them as "DVC Resorts" because so many people assume that they can only stay there if DVC. They call them "Villa Resorts".

Edit: If you search availability and a Poly Studio comes up, you can rent it. If it doesn't come up, it's because it's not available.

Yes parks daily. Are they allowing hoppers again yet? If they are we would get that.
Magic kingdom would be the one we go to the most. No car
Thanks!
Right now park hopping is allowed after 2pm. You have to make a reservation for your first park, and actually enter that park. After 2 you can hop to another park (depending on availability) without a reservation

As others have noted park hopping is allowed after 2:00 PM, you can call a hotline to make sure they are allowing hopping to a particular park. So far that doesn't seem to be an issue. As far as DVC goes you can rent a villa thru Disney with cash or you can contact one of the companies that handle owner's points (cheaper way but with caveats). If you go to MK the most, Wilderness Lodge might be a good choice, the resort is very nice and I believe the boat service is running to MK.

Contemporary would be great for MK location but it’s “busier” than the Poly. WL might be a good option. I’ve only visited GF but I felt out of place with the decor.

It’s not MK area but Beach/Yacht Club might be work a look

Wilderness Lodge would be my choice. Beautiful setting on the lake, best laid back hybrid QS at Geyser Point, 8 minutes by boat to MK. Get a studio at Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek. Boulder Ridge is quieter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter